It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 Empty
PostSubject: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:17 pm

Alright. I'm finally ready to do this.

Sheba was..amazing. She really changed me as a person and as a dog owner, and I owe her so much for that. She was always such a little spitfire from the moment I brought her home. She always made me laugh, she was always looking for new ways to entertain everyone. She had a light about her..she always had that husky smile on her face, and she always had a glint in her eyes that meant trouble. She could go from zero to 60 in a millisecond, and her zoomies never failed to bring me to tears. I loved howling to her and hearing my pretty baby girl talk back to me. She was a typical little Sibe girl.. when she got that little husky hair up her butt, she would talk back to me, dodge my hugs and kisses, stick her butt at me and act like I didn't exist..and then come up and give me a big huge nose boop and a kiss. Sheba knew when I was upset, and she would lay by me for hours and give me kisses and nose boops..that's one of the things I loved about her the most. She was more in tune with my emotions than I ever gave her credit for.

Sheba had to be PTS due to behavioral seizures that caused her to attack the other dogs, objects, and finally myself. I spent thousands on medical tests, behaviorists, vet behaviorists..anything and everything. I am at peace with my decision now. I know my baby girl was not happy, and my other dogs weren't happy. The only thing I regret is not doing it sooner, for her sake. The hardest thing we pet owners do is making that decision. I feel there is a lot of stigma around putting our dogs to sleep for mental problems, but they are very real and they very much do affect our dogs. Most people can make the objective decision when it comes to physical aliments, but many people cannot when it comes to mental aliments. There is no shame in making the decision to put a dangerous dog to sleep. There is no shame in making the decision to put a dog that is not happy for whatever reason to sleep. We cannot fix every animal that comes into our lives, and I wish more people would realize that. I never quiet realized the stigma around making that decision for a mental reason, but now I do.

Sheba meant the world to me. She tested me in every way possible, and I will never be thankful enough for what she taught me. This will probably be my last visit to the forum, I just don't feel I have anything to offer anymore and her being gone still kills me. I miss her every single day. I look at her urn every single day. I look and cry at her pictures almost every single day. Sheba was everything I could have wanted in a Husky. She was beautiful, she was loving, she was independent, she was mischievous, she was hard headed, she had the funniest bark I'd ever heard, she was obedient, she was my rock. I have no doubt she is watching over me and the other dogs.
sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 23h3aeq
sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 Jt9w8y
sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 10zpb1v
sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 2uyobcm
sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 2egb4hl
sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 2hnqb5u
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:41 am

I'm so sorry, Kelsey. Sad

I know things were incredibly difficult with you and Sheba. She is now free from all her troubles and is happily watching over you and your family. You are definitely a strong person to be able to make the best decision not only for you, but for her.

Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:03 am

Kelsey, every time I think about Sheba I get choked up. You did what was best for her. And I completely understand your want to not be around here anymore, but I think everyone here would be more than welcoming of posts about Kennedy, Kyzer, and Promise (is that your third? I forget)

Lots of hugs.
Back to top Go down
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:22 am

Sorry about Sheba. You did everything you could for her and then some. You offer a lot of insight to the forum, so I hope you'll be able to return in time, but do what is best for you. Time does help and makes it a little easier. I think when we put animals to sleep, we tend to put the most pressure on ourselves versus others around us. Just keep that in mind and know that you did much much more then most people would have before making that decision.
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:47 am

It broke my heart when I heard about how Sheba was doing and that you had to make that difficult decision. Honestly I think that would be one of the hardest things to have to deal with as a dog owner.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:10 am

Kelsey, I think of you often and wonder how you have been doing these last few months. You are a wonderful asset to this community, so I hope in time you will be a part of the group again. You poured your heart and soul into that beautiful girl(as well as the rest of you beautiful dogs), you deserve great credit for doing the most loving thing a pet owner can do, and that is to let our cherished companion run truly free.

Take Care of yourself, and many Hugs,

Renee
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:32 am

Kelsey, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had to make the same choice seventeen years ago for a dog who's behavior was very similar to Sheba's. I know it's not easy, but you made the right decision and you did everything possible for her. She will always be with you and a part of you. I hope you stick around here, we all would love to hear more about your other fur babies. Hugs.
Back to top Go down
capellalayla
Senior
Senior
capellalayla

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:51 am

What a touching memorial. I've been thinking about you, too, and I hope this visit to the forum isn't your last. You're always welcome here. Wishing you peace and comfort to move forward but never forget Sheba.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:55 am

Thank you everyone. It means a lot to have some support. I will admit I have been feeling kind of forgotten, so I really appreciate you guys. I may pop in from time to time, I am not sure. Maybe post a little about Promise, my newest rescue who I named in Sheba's memory. I think that would be nice.

I do want to say that while I was typing this out, I was eating ice out of my Sonic cup, and from literally no where, there was a Sheba hair in my cup!! It was crazy! There is just no where it could have come from. My shirt had just come out of the dryer and had been washed multiple times since I said goodbye. It was literally like it fell from the sky. I couldn't help but laugh..she still surprises me. I feel like I can hear her howl sometimes. I will never forget her, and only have an eminence hatred for the heartless puppy producer that brought her into the world and I wonder how many of her siblings suffered the same fate, or still may be suffering. Sheba had so, so much to offer. It just wasn't fair.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Lovely memorial.
It is never fair when it comes to a situation like that Kelsey. I am glad to hear that you found a way to laugh again. May Sheba's memory and what time she had with you make you smile. Also glad to hear that you may pop in some times.

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:43 pm

A beautiful memorial Kelsey. I am so sorry you had to go through this heartbreak but am absolutely certain you did right by Sheba. You have not been forgotten!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014   sheba - In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

In memory of my baby girl Sheba. 5/3/2012-9/8/2014

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1