It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conundrum...Updated with Video:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Conundrum...Updated with Video: Empty
PostSubject: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Ami killed, and is now eating, a wild rabbit.  I knew it was only a matter of time, our brush is full of rabbits, one of the reasons to have a dog.  Should I not let him eat it?  Or consider that he now has 2 dinners and go light on his food tonight and tomorrow morning?

He must have caught it last night 'cause he was fetching it out of the hedge-row and it is frozen solid!

I do worm him every 3 months just because I do not always no what he has eaten.,.

Last edited by amymeme on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:12 pm

Amy, I don't think rabbits carry anything more than fleas and the other parasite that gives the secondary tape worm, so in effect, rabbits can have 2 different type of tape worms. As long as your wormer has Praziquantel, it will cover both types of tape, I would do a round of that just to be on the safe side. If it does not contain Praziquantel, I would recommend you getting Sentry Wormx Plus, should be able to buy just about anywhere and is inexpensive, and that will cover those 2 types of tape and some other types of worms.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Just checked and wormx also covers round and hook besides both tape.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:19 pm

His wormer has the praziquantel - Canex all wormer from Pfizer. I wondered what was keeping him so interested outside last night - usually, he comes to check us out every so often, last night when I brought him in, he was a dog with a mission 0 wanted back into the brush. I think he only brought the rabbit out because Archer was here and he was saying "MY wabbit!"
Back to top Go down
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult
Playing with the Big Dogs

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:20 pm

I think worming him is the best idea and you are already doing it.
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Video!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Thanks, guys. Guess I'll just consider it free food Oops, sounds like Archer may have the rabbit - Ami is woo wooing to beat the band!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm

"I think he only brought the rabbit out because Archer was here and he was saying "MY wabbit!"" Lol, too funny, and yes video?????
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:44 pm

Ok, you asked for it...here's the video (graphic): Ok not so graphic, this is what left of the rabbit. And thank you Archer for jumping all over me - which is why the clip is bouncy. Short, you say? It's friggin' cold out there and I can't wear gloves and use the camera at the same time.

Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Now that's a fulfilled dog.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:55 pm

I took a couple of stills before my fingers froze:

UmmmUmmm Good!
Conundrum...Updated with Video: Img_0010

MY Wabbit...Go get your own!
Conundrum...Updated with Video: Img_0011

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:57 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Now that's a fulfilled dog.

Yes he is lol!

And, since the head was gone, probably last night, now I know why he did not want breakfast this morning and why he slept all day in the dog house...must have been quite the party last night Razz
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:57 pm

Wow, that last one.

Can that be my wallpaper on my computer? ?

That's as Real as it gets.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Feel free lol!

The nice thing is, if I had wanted to, I could have reached down and taken the rabbit with no problem...except for the guilt as would looked at me with deep, mournful eyes.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:03 pm

Hahaha, Thanks Amy. The last pic is majestic, and indeed says it all!!!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:29 pm

amymeme wrote:
Feel free lol!

The nice thing is, if I had wanted to, I could have reached down and taken the rabbit with no problem...except for the guilt as would looked at me with deep, mournful eyes.

Reference A: Ami is a fulfilled dog Smile
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:25 pm

Misty, the Husky I lost because of my stupidity, was a hunter. She'd go out and grab lunch, sometimes bring it home and stay out of arms reach while she scarfed it down. Since you're worming her regularly, I wouldn't be awfully concerned about anything else - what the hey, it is free food! She'd come in and turn her nose up at the food bowl so I know she was eating well!

Avalanche wants to go out and play with the bunny's here ( we have both cotton tail and jack rabbits ) but the couple of times he's been loose when there have been rabbits around they seem to be able to escape him ... 'course with him I figure all he wants to do is go play with them.

Sasha can see the rabbits outside (the same as Avalanche can) but she really seems less than interested in them. When we go walking loose on the desert she's investigated some dens (do rabbits have dens? No, they have burrows, right?) But, like I said, not interested ....

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Ami really looks like he's enjoying that rabbit! I've never had to deal with a lot of animals. Mostly frogs/toads, pigeons, and a fish carcass (worst one).
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Yeah, Al, that's what I figured - free food. And he did turn his nose up a kibble tonight - just a few pieces by hand to entice him into the house. I was thinking, it below zero, the wind is howling, he and Archer maybe need a little warm, house time and maybe he should have a drink. Nope, stupid Mama - I had to leash him to get him in the house and then he and Archer just started to rumpus so out they went...

Fish carcass. Gross affraid Dog would stink to eternity on that one, Rocio. Do not envy you that though sunny Arizona sounds awfully good at the moment. The colder it gets, the harder it is to get the big boy in the house.

Jeff - I hope Ami is a fulfilled dog. My aim is to let the dog be a dog within the boundaries of his and others safety and social constraints. I just want to enjoy his "dog-dom" so to speak.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Arizona, New Mexico both sound awfully enticing .... here in south Texas we're heading for the low 20's tonight - and that's F not C (oh, don't I wish!!!!)

For some reason, we've had a lot of rabbits as road kill the past couple of weeks and I've been tempted to bring a fresh one home and see what they'd do with it ... also figure that Sasha would take my arm off and Avalanche would just look at it ... he's about the dingiest dog I've ever seen!! (( er ... not rally considering that too seriously, I lost my appetite for rabbit when a friend said he brought them home to stew ... nope, no way!!!!! ))

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:30 pm

I pried his jaw open since he wouldn't drop it on command Rolling Eyes

But the weather has been ok. I'm definitely more of a winter person so these "winter" temperatures are not enticing for me at all. Our lows right now at night are between low 30s and mid 20s. It varies day by day. And our highs during the day are about mid 50s which is ok.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:45 am

My bad, Rocio, you're in New Mexico, not Arizona. Still warmer than here! From pictures I've seen, also beautiful country!

Al - I've had rabbit once in my life - when BIL married a Portuguese woman. They served rabbit to symbolize fertility. I was a little squeemish, but if I remember, not bad. My Mennonite butcher has frozen rabbits in his case. Thought about buying one for Ami but it was $15-20, thought that a bit much for one dog meal:roll: Guess I don't have to, now.

Another funny story - when we first moved here, been married maybe 6 weeks, Wayne hit a deer. Talk about road kill cafe -the officer asked if he wanted the deer🤦 The neighbor said "take it".."we'll show you how to hang and gut it"...which they did. I remember my husband, who would not hurt a flea, coming in the house, gloved, holding his hands up in the air, blood dripping everywhere, asking for my 10" chef's knife...all I could think was, what have I got myself into, marrying this man...and the stench affraid

Then it went to the butcher a day or two later, into the freezer and he expected me to cook it...

Back to top Go down
Barczewska
Puppy
Puppy
Barczewska

Female Join date : 2014-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:07 am

He looks so proud of himself!!!

I love rabbit, so I know he is enjoying it! Handsome boy!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Thank you! The good thing about it is he is now realllllly interested in the back, brushy areas and not the road. And I may have some hope of having a productive garden!

Did a bee check yesterday...they are all still alive. Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Oh Amy, the adventures you have!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conundrum...Updated with Video:   Conundrum...Updated with Video: Empty

Back to top Go down

Conundrum...Updated with Video:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next