It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

self stacking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: self stacking   self stacking EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi, so Miya learned/learning the command stand, and I took a video showing her first attempt. I have always been interested in showing and possibly breeding if everything were to go right and to be responsible about it but not sure if Miya has any potential for the show ring, what you guys think?
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Can you possibly take some evaluation photos? The angle of the camera is too low to evaluate anything properly. Free stacking is a valuable ring skill, you should work also with hand stacking (you only get 2min with the judge, make them count) and movement will count more than a pretty still profile-
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Sorry about the angle of my phone! I will attempt taking pictures of her free stacking, might not be perfect since this is her first day of learning it lol also I'll take a video of her trotting but its kinda difficult XD thank you
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:26 pm

self stacking 20150143self stacking 20150144I tried haha let me know if these are okay (for phone pics)
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Me & Miya practicing: https://youtu.be/hF-ubciTFL4 Miya practicing: https://youtu.be/wAlG3KPwQhQ
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 10:24 pm

Hope those videos are okay, Memphis kinda ruined this one lol
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:12 pm

For photos to be considered for evaluation they need to be on the same level looking straight at the side of the dog-  and try not to string her up by her collar.   Stringing her up destroys how the front assembly would appear naturally.  The stack should be a natural repose stance.  She's not moving out fast enough and is too strung up by her collar in the video to see how she converges.  When moving a Siberian the lead should be loose and low.

In example, low angle so as not to hinder his natural gait-
self stacking 10559896_10152592774296590_7486848027626802492_n

baited free stack from down/back-
self stacking 10712828_715327038535527_4518326019683041816_n

As close to level on the side of the dog for evaluation, much like a podium shot
self stacking Pizap_10
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 11:14 pm

At the end of the day, when we evaluate a dog or photo we are looking past the fluff to find these lines-
self stacking 28403410
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 12:12 am

Oh okay, thank you for the info/advice im completely new to showing obviously lol I'll have to try again with the picture with an actual camera and have my friend who used to show dobermans help me XD keegan is gorgeous by the way!
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:02 pm

I like miya a lot, I think she has a nice topline. She is from Apache Run correct? Your breeder will really be the best help to you. Smile Also, did you purchase Miya on a show contract or a pet spay/neuter contract? If it was the latter, you'll have to contact your breeder to lift the limited registration. Smile

Personally, I think she has potential, and would love to see you get her in the ring. Smile Can you find a handling class near you?
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Thabk you Smile yes she's from apache run siberians. Sadly we aren't really on.speaking terms.. she does have full registration. I'd also love to try showing but I'm not sure where to start. I havent looked into handling classes in my area yet XD Do you show??
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 4:30 pm

HuskyMom09 wrote:
At the end of the day, when we evaluate a dog or photo we are looking past the fluff to find these lines-
self stacking 28403410

Hmmm...Ami may be put together better than I thought. Totally irrelevant for me, though, he's just my love bug and play baby.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 12:06 pm

GravityM wrote:
Thabk you Smile yes she's from apache run siberians. Sadly we aren't really on.speaking terms.. she does have full registration. I'd also love to try showing but I'm not sure where to start. I havent looked into handling classes in my area yet XD Do you show??

I have done a couple shows with other people's dogs and took Dizzy to handling classes. Diz is altered though. I would like to have a show dog eventually. Handling classes are the best place to start though, and they are usually really fun!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Aw I'm sure it's still fun! Okay thanks I'll have to look where to take Miya so we can practice Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

self stacking Empty
PostSubject: Re: self stacking   self stacking Empty

Back to top Go down

self stacking

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Community :: Show Dogs-