It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZaraTheSiberianHusky
Newborn
Newborn
ZaraTheSiberianHusky

Female Join date : 2015-01-16

My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! Empty
PostSubject: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Hello.
My 1 year old Zara who is joyful and very happy has a little problem.
She eats 1 cup a day at night about 8 or 9 o clock only.
I have to sit by her side so she can eat that 1 cup a day..(dont know why)
Her spine can be seen and her back bones also.She is skinny and 15 Kg.

What can i feed her so i can give her some weight?

But i dont give her human food because in the past when i feed her human food she stopped eating hers.Any recommendations that would be great .
Thank you
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 12:34 am

What is her current weight, height and activity level? What food are you feeding her? At 1 year of age, she will be a bit scrawny... kind of like a healthy 15 yr old boy.

With this information more people wi'll likely come on, though there is less activity here on the weekends.
Back to top Go down
jmscott
Puppy
Puppy
jmscott

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 11:26 am

Can you post an evaluation style photo?

Basically a side view of her at her own level.

example: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! Nana
Back to top Go down
ZaraTheSiberianHusky
Newborn
Newborn
ZaraTheSiberianHusky

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Thank you for answering.
She is 15 Kg weight.
She is currently eating taste of the wild with the buffalo taste
Also she ate royal canin and a german food Belcando.But now she eats fine with taste of the wild.
And at night i give 1 or 2 toast bread and she eat it just fine.

Last edited by ZaraTheSiberianHusky on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ZaraTheSiberianHusky
Newborn
Newborn
ZaraTheSiberianHusky

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 1:23 pm

This was in December last month My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! 20141211
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 2:11 pm

She doesn't look terribly underweight but maybe could use a few pounds. Do you have access to fresh goats milk? Wetting her dry food with it would up the protein and fat content plus make it much tastier to eat. Fresh cows milk would work also but goat milk converts easier and may not produce a stinky gas that the milk sugars in cows milk might produce.
Back to top Go down
ZaraTheSiberianHusky
Newborn
Newborn
ZaraTheSiberianHusky

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Also other people said to me that i have to get her tired to eat more.
Like me when i take her for a pee time i spring with her and after 30 minutes i feed her.
But its the same amount of food she eats if she sprints or don't.

I have now bought Taste of the wild food of buffalo and duck taste.
I will mix those 2 food half of buffalo and half of duck.

I will also try the goat milk but i tried with cow milk in her food and she doesn't like it.
She only licks the milk
Back to top Go down
ZaraTheSiberianHusky
Newborn
Newborn
ZaraTheSiberianHusky

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 2:47 pm

My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! 20141110
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:06 pm

Ach, sie ist ein hübsches Fräulein! (Since you said you were feeding her a German food, I'm thinking you might be in Germany?) and that's about the limit to what I remember from my high school German!

In the pictures where she's laying down, she looks really good, bright eyed and attentive. But I agree with your comment from the picture where she's standing - she is a bit on the thin side.

Now, first things first ... in general, it's safe to say that you should be able to feel the ribs of a Husky but not see them - they are more pronounced than I'd be comfortable with as well. I think we all accept that the backbone and hipbones are always going to be "sticking out" under our hands - I think that's just the way they're built (except for my Sasha who could easily afford to lose what yours could afford to gain.)

You might want to try adding a bit more food to her bowl and then topping it off with something that will attract her attention ( (okay, shoot me) a little bacon grease, some yogurt, a raw egg, some broth - well, you get the idea ) but be careful with this, you may end up with either a dog with the squirts (diarrhea) if you give her too much - or - one who won't eat anything unless you've topped it off and at some point you do want to stabilize her weight, right?

Lastly, please be nice to use and add a location to your profile ... if you are in Germany (or elsewhere for that matter) it helps us to be able to help you.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:02 pm

Nix on the raw egg, scrambled is ok. Raw over time prevents the absorption of one of the B vitamins. Other wise the suggestions are great (my boy will do just about anything for bacon fat bounce )

Speaking of...I just bought some liverwurst for my ski sandwiches...Ami goes bonkers over the stuff. Just be careful you are not making her more picky by adding human food (which makes me think that Al is right on with pourable stuff that will adhere to the kibble and can't be picked out and eaten separely). Also, I believe I read on here something about "satin balls?" for putting weight on. Try searching that...
Back to top Go down
ZaraTheSiberianHusky
Newborn
Newborn
ZaraTheSiberianHusky

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 8:25 pm

But first of all i don't give her human food anymore because like i said , in the past i gave her human food and she stopped eat her own food.Like today i gave her half of buffalo and half of duck and she ate it whole.I will continue with it and see if she gains some weight like this.
No i dont live in Germany am from Cyprus.We have German dog food like in other counties.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Oops, my bad regarding the country.

The reason that I suggested "toppers" is that when they're mixed in with her food, she has to eat both the topping and her food - they're not something she can eat this and leave that.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!   My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Siberian Husky Zara is skinny!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1