It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Simon is going to an Elementary school.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Playing with the Big Dogs
Adult
Adult

Female Join date : 2013-12-04

Simon is going to an Elementary school. Empty
PostSubject: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:52 pm

Simon will be going to an elementary school for a presentation on sled dogs and huskies and will get to be loved on by a ton of kids.
I am really excited they asked me to come to talk about Simon and sledding along with others. I just hope Simon is good he loves kids but he can be super vocal when excited. I will let you know how it goes wish us luck!
Back to top Go down
http://playingwiththebigdogs.blogspot.com/
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Good luck! That sounds super exciting for both you and Simon. Let us know how it goes Smile
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Sounds like fun! Good luck to you and Simon!

aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Sounds like time to tell everyone involved - kids, teachers and dog - to behave themselves. That really does sound like it oculd be a lot of fun!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:27 pm

That's awesome news Elise, congrats to you and Simon.

I totally get your concern for the talking. My rule is so long as all 4 are on the floor, talk away. It's sometimes very embarrassing, but I guess it's just part of the fun of having a Husky.

Have fun with your presentation!
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Well I have found a trick to get Simon to stay in one place. If I get him up in a chair he will stay as long as I ask him too. He will get bored and start to cry but he will stay put. It's the weirdest thing but I think I am going to bring a camping chair to have him chill in while I talk.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Haha, well done. Good improvisation.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 am

Have fun and good idea on the chair since you know it works!

amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 pm

Simon...on a camp chair...in a classroom full of kids! That deserves a picture bounce

Good luck with the presentation, Elise.
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Pictures from the trip today. Simon did amazing was such a good boy with all the kids.

Simon is going to an Elementary school. 00810

Simon is going to an Elementary school. 01610

Simon is going to an Elementary school. 03410

Simon is going to an Elementary school. 07410

Simon is going to an Elementary school. 18510
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Yay Simon! He looks like a little fox in the 4th picture.

MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Congrats!! He is awesome. I can imagine how much fun you both had. I love the pic of Simon laying down on his chair. What a good boy.
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Good job Simon! Smile Such a cute boy, I bet the kids loved it! I would have been jumping up and down when I was little.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Aw! I love when he's laying in the chair! So cute!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:32 pm

He totally looks like Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog!

What was you presentation specifically about?
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:16 pm

Aw, what a good boy Simon! He looks like a little fox laying down in that chair!
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Jeff it was about Siberian Huskies, sled dogs, and dog sledding. Which is why I had the X back on him. Some of the kids had read a book called "Stone Fox" which is about dog sledding and my friend is one of there reading teachers and knows I am working on training Simon to do dog sledding and asked if I could come in and talk to the kids.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:13 pm

That's so cool that you got to have that experience and that Simon did so well.

Way to go you two Smile
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 1:37 am

Awe, he looks so gorgeous. He looks like he was such a good boy.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 2:05 am

Definitely an see we pic in that chair.... he's  got a beautiful tail!

WTF - that should have read:

Defintely an awww, moment in that pic in the chair!

Last edited by amymeme on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 11:17 am

awesome I love it. Looks like you guys nailed it. Good job!

lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Wow, Simon looks majestic.
Back to top Go down
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 2:16 pm

I am glad you all like the pictures. It was a lot of fun talking to the kids and letting them meet Simon. It was his second time in an elementary school the last time was when he was 5 months old and we visited my mom's class for some positive kid exposure.

At this school they had an elevator we got to ride and Simon was really good at that but when we stepped out and he could see through the railing down to the first floor that kind of worried him. I also went over with the kids how to meet and dog and that not all dogs like kids or were as tolerant as Simon so you always have to ask the owner if it's okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon is going to an Elementary school.   Simon is going to an Elementary school. Empty

Back to top Go down

Simon is going to an Elementary school.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-