|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Join date : 2015-03-08
Location : Indianapolis, Indiana
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : seattle, wa
|Subject: Re: New Puppy Soon. Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:45 am|| |
Hello, Thanks for joining the forum.
Where are you getting this puppy ?
Seems like most of your questions should be answered by the people selling you the puppy. A lot of is just basic dogs 101 stuff.
I would safely say you have a TON of reading and research to do on the breed if you have a puppy on the way and you're asking basic things like size and brushing.
How have you prepared for this puppy?
Obviously, many of us here have at to offer but the format in which you've listed all your questions is a bit daunting. That's so much information. ...all of which is extensively covered all over this forum.
Hopefully you're already searching around.
Join date : 2013-02-05
Location : seattle, wa
|Subject: Re: New Puppy Soon. Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:47 am|| |
The Siberian Huskies for Dummies book is a good place to start reading and making some informed choices about your game plan, which you are behind on already.
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : Terlingua, Texas
|Subject: Re: New Puppy Soon. Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 pm|| |
Hey Day <?>, first I have a request of you - go to your profile and give us a bit more information on you. At a minimum, having a name and a location to hang on you helps a lot, of course add your puppies name when you finally have one.
Your two questions - at least the two that *I* see:
- Since you're only 16 (youngster ) your parents should be young enough to handle all the daily chores that go along with having a puppy underfoot. I presume that they've agreed to the puppy but I have to ask "Are you all aware of the responsibilities that go into raising a pup??" Getting a new puppy and then leaving for theatre practice - leaving puppy and resulting messes - might be disenchanting for a parent. But to answer your specific question, if they're prepared to walk him, etc when you're not available = remember he's your responsibility then the socialization with other humans will be a good thing.
- SIL's 3 year old Husky. AFTER he's had his shots then it would probably be a good thing. Socialization is high on a Husky's needs - most Husky's have never met anyone but friends and it's important that they meet them all (human and canine) favourably. If your SIL's Husky is well socialized then she'll know what's acceptable behaviour between the two of them and when to let the little one "have a break" from the older, bigger, probably rougher adult.
If the picture is the one you're bringing home, I'd guess that you've only got a couple of more weeks to prepare everyone for the fun and aggravation of a puppy.
BTW, he's a handsome little devil!!
“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”
Corey Ford .
|Subject: Re: New Puppy Soon. || |
|» No winter furs still.|
by stray Today at 8:16 am
» Help! Laylah is so itchy!!!
by Calgary leah Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:48 am
» Heat only once a year?
by TwisterII Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:49 pm
» Its wild to me how well humans and canines cohabitate.
by Lostmaniac Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:11 am
» The Desert Pack
by Lostmaniac Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:33 pm
» Lower lip rash.
by stray Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:51 pm
» Why is my Husky so big? Is he part malamute?
by Husky Guide Expert Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:36 pm
» It's Shootin' Season and the Big Boy Ain't goin' Out...
by TwisterII Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:02 am
» Recall Information
by Lostmaniac Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:19 am
» Bombproof does not mean tank proof
by Lostmaniac Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:25 am
» Possible reason(s)
by Windfishin Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:28 am
» Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old
by amymeme Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:33 pm
» Lost my Nanük
by RAHUSKY Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:18 pm
» In memory of Loki
by RAHUSKY Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:36 pm
» Is She A Husky?
by Lostmaniac Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:33 am
» Feeding Routines
by TwisterII Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:50 am
» 52 weeks of Zeus the GSD
by Lostmaniac Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:39 pm
» My Beloved Murder Floof
by Lostmaniac Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:47 pm
» [Scrapbook] Mylo's 9th birthday! HEY ALL, IT'S BEEN YEARS OMG
by TwisterII Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:40 am
» Hello from svmsmith08 and Laylah!
by Svmsmith08 Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:53 am