It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Female Join date : 2015-03-12

Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 4:17 am

Hi everyone!

I will be a first-time Husky mom in a few weeks, to not just one, but two!!!! Very Happy (Male/Female) I knew that one just wouldn't be enough, so why wait... thankfully the hubby agreed!! We have a six-year-old chocolate long-coat female Chihuahua, Priscila, that is going to be beyond thrilled to have furry siblings of her own! We have been researching medium/large breeds for a few years now and even after all of the crazy in-depth research, we still kept coming back to the Siberian Husky. I have had experience with larger breed dogs over the years with my family/friends growing up... Irish Setter, Lab, Rottweiler, Doberman... but I know the Husky is by far a breed of its own. We are excited and up for the adventures!! Our Huskies will be indoor pets and I am grateful to be able to be a stay-at-home mom to them all day. We have a pool that hopefully they will love to lounge in during the hot summer days with us sunny I have four human children... hence the late night/morning posting, lol!! Our 'pack' will be complete soon I love you

I have been stalking this forum from the day I stumbled upon it and have read so many awesome things already... cannot wait to incorporate some very useful advice/info and share some stories with you-all as well!

zeusNzenas mom
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 5:11 am

OMG!!!! Another Texan!!!! Where'd my flag go??? Welcome to the forum from the Big Bend region of our GREAT STATE!!!

Now, y'all have enough people over in the DFW area to have a Husky Get Together, don't ya??

Now, while the pictures in you avatart are great, you know that we're going to expect just a few (hah!!!) more when you actually get them home and I want to see the interaction between the pups and Priscila!! That should be precious!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lily82
Newborn
Newborn
Lily82

Female Join date : 2015-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:09 am

Welcome! Good luck with the little huskies, they're bit difficult dogs but so rewarding!
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:33 am

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 11:36 am

That's odd... It doesn't post my entire message.

Oh well, will try again!

Thank you!!! I was thinking the same thing about the husky get together! I haven't run across any owners in my immediate area. I can't wait to get them home and will definitely post more pics!!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 12:41 pm

Hey C&M - my first response to "It doesn't post my entire message" was going to be "Well, if you lived in Ft Worth it would, in the cattle town it wouldn't dare not to!"
But realizing that's not a lot of help, you know that you can edit your last message, don't you. (( of course you do, you just didn't think of it, right? ))

I don't do Facebook but H2M2 ( Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle ) have had events in the DFW area.  Try Info@H2M2Nation.com and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

While it's extremely inadvisable to get them out around other dogs (or places other dogs have been) until they've had all their shots, you might want to attend one of their functions in the meantime - see just how rowdy your pair can become! Smile

Caveat: I've never been to an H2M2 event, others here can tell you what they're like. I've heard good and bad about the group so form your own opinion.

Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Yep, you're right!... Definitely didn't even think about the edit option. I'm a little slower in the mornings, lol.

Thank you for the info and link, I'll check it out! For sure not taking the pups out and about for a while...I'm even paranoid about my back yard, which should be fine since Priscila is trained on pads and pretty much hates the out of doors (she is fully vacc'd though)... And we have an eight-foot board on board fence. I have seen a few neighborhood cats over the years in the front yard/park area but never seen them in my back yard. I'm giving all the floors a good bleaching right before they come home and gating off carpeted areas. Nothing like having toddlers in the house again, lol!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 10:44 am

Slow .... mornings ... aren't they synonymous? I am not a morning person. Over time the dogs have realized that they're not getting much of anything until I've had my first cup of coffee. (( Not completely true, they let me know they need out and they get out on their respective leads. )) Walking, fun and play time has to wait till daddy's awake though!

Good preparation for the pups. But you don't want to do pads with the puppies, it makes it so much harder to housebreak them later ...

Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:03 am

Coffee=life!!!

Hahaa... Had to laugh about the potty pad thing!! I definitely will NOT be training them on pads!!! What a nightmare when they are big adults!! My Chihuahua is all of 3.5 lbs now and she came trained on them from her breeder. She is my first and only outer to be trained in those things. Not bad for her since she leaves chocolate cheetos instead of land mines, lol!! In my earlier post I was just pointing out (not clearly enough...mornings!) our yard has never had any contaminated poo in it.... At least I think not, which is why I'm a little paranoid still. We built this home and have been here almost ten years, but I'm not outside every minute to see what animals may have made their way in. I just want to be safe regarding parvo. We get wild rabbits in and out from time to time. Our yard opens up to a six-acre park. Will be interesting to see how quickly the rabbits figure out our yard is no longer safe, haha!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:09 am

I'm not sure about the rabbits, but the deer decided it was more salubrious to take a different route within days of Ami's arrival. Even when he was always on tether or trolley. I can just hear it in the woods..."Hey - who put the wolf in Amy's Buffet? Damn!"

Ami ate a rabbit a while back this winter - hope they learn, I want a successful vegetable garden!
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 12:33 pm

LOL @ wolf in Amy's buffet!! Love deer!

Eeeww on eating the rabbit! I sure hope I do not have to see that at some point. My mom once thought it was smart to own chickens and rabbits with our Irish Setters... Need I say more??

Would love a garden!... Need more land! My husband wanted a huge pool deck this time around, so we have minimal grass space back there. Hopefully you get yours!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 1:07 pm

ZEUSnZENAsMom wrote:

Would love a garden!... Need more land!  My husband wanted a huge pool deck this time around, so we have minimal grass space back there.  Hopefully you get yours!

We have the land - 30 acres. Most of it is woods and brush, though. The property a zillion years ago was a sheep farm, now reverting to woodland. With our help. Over the years we've planted or had planted for us, thousands of tree seedlings. Red pine, white pine, black locusts, sugar maple, red maple, norway spruce, sycamore...but, with such deer pressure, we have at times had 100% losses. It is amazing since Ami has been here - the first month, every night before bed, I would take Ami around to pee at the perimeter of all the mowed area. After the first few startled deer on our rounds, they completely changed their feeding/walking routes to avoid us. Which is great - they used to actually come up on the porch to feed on the rhododendrons affraid

I so want a deck but hubby has nixed it - too much maintenance, he says. What about trex, she says. Too expensive he says...he likes the open look of the lawns. One of these days he should get tired of mowing...until then, I guess it's adirondack chairs on the lawn (such a thing I have to settle for Razz )

I'm afraid to look at our pool...the water (ok, snow/ice) level looks awfully low, this year...
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Wow! 30-acres is awesome! I love the look of open lawns too, but we just don't have enough land to have that and the pool with a huge deck... So I voted pool/deck, lol. Here in Dallas the summers are just unbearable, almost, to not have a pool. One of these days we will give up the big city life and moved to the country or maybe the mountains! I'm originally from Colorado. Winters up north have just been crazy this year!! I've only been to Buffalo, NY in the summer. I try to avoid long exposure to cold/snow, hahaa! Though owning huskies may change my mind yet! So anxious to get them home. Still have a little shopping to do and I think I've narrowed their food down to three... Just need to make a final choice, for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!   Just wanted to say, Hey :) !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to say, Hey :) !!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1