It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from California!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
amozo
Puppy
Puppy
amozo

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

Hello from California!  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from California!    Hello from California!  EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 7:25 pm

Hey all!

I just put my deposit down for a Husky pup all the way from Arkansas. I am located in the California area, but haven't found any reputable breeders that suited my wants. The litter hasn't even been created by the Sire and Dam yet, but I know I have a lot to prepare for. I figured I would join you all to get as much info as possible before my little pup arrives.

Has anyone shipped their puppies (breeders of the forum) or had their pets shipped to them via American Airlines Pet Cargo or Delta Dash? That is my main concern right now. I might even fly out to pick my pup up and stay overnight at a pet friendly hotel if that is what is best. Anyways, hello from CA!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California!    Hello from California!  EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 8:32 pm

hi, welcome to the forums.
i had my husky Leo shipped from Michigan via delta dash. he was a bit stressed from the flight and a little dehydrated and hungry, other then a bit of  pee on hes feet, he was fine. he didn't like the create for a few days. his breed called me a few hour later to make sure he made it home safely. and later that day i sent here a picture of him. i originally wanted to fly there an pick him up and fly back but couldn't due to watching my nice and nephew and no one could watch them.

i haven't seen to many reputable breeder in ca when i was searching ether. i looked out of the area, too. Cool
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California!    Hello from California!  EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Welcome from Cali also Smile

How exciting to be on the waiting list for a husky pup Smile

Also there reputable breeders here in Cali. Just in case your interested..
http://shca.org/shcahp4f.htm#CA
I personally know Alnisar with John & Yelena fantastic breeders and beautiful dogs. Sry no help with the shipping!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California!    Hello from California!  EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:42 pm

Welcome from Cali here too Smile my last two huskies (before Kohdi and Mishka) I had flown here on American Airlines. I had my own reasoning but when it came to my new puppies, I didn't want them flown in. I'm not saying don't fly them in but if you can fly there to pick the puppy up, I would definitely do that.

One of the reasons (and it may have had absolutely no relation to the flight, but I will never be 100% positive either) is that the boy I had, had an unnatural fear of jet engine noise (from jets flying in the skies here periodically) to the point of stressing out big time. Again, it may have had no relation whatsoever, but what if it did. I did Google puppies/pets on planes and read pros and cons on it before getting my current two huskies, just to educate myself more on it. I pretty much only took the views of people who had *puppies* flown into consideration though.
Back to top Go down
amozo
Puppy
Puppy
amozo

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California!    Hello from California!  EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I would definitely try to fly and pick up my dog. I am also in contact with a few breeders from California and if I do find one I like better, I might just go with them. A California breeder would be ideal for me. I would also like to visit the breeder before buying the dog. I have a few months more of research to do before I come home with my pup anyways. Do any of you have smaller dogs with your husky?

I own two rescue small breeds (Min pin/Jack Russel/Spitz mix and a Beagle/Dachshund mix) and my only concern would be for their safety with a rough housing Sibe pup/young adult. I would crate the sibe for the time I am away from home (8-9 hours max per weekday with 4 hours being the longest time left in one go), so he/she wouldn't have access to my other two dogs. The beagle mix is also crated while I am gone, but the Jack Russel girl has free range of the home since she is very well behaved.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California!    Hello from California!  EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:07 pm

Many breeders have non-refundable deposits so you may be obligated (or lose your deposit) now to get the puppy from Arkansas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from California!    Hello from California!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from California!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1