It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Goodbye Neo and Lexi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
techigirl78
Adult
Adult
techigirl78

Female Join date : 2013-06-26

Goodbye Neo and Lexi Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:37 pm

I have had a horrible week.  A month ago I found out my cat of 14 years had spleen tumor.  Given her age there was not much to do but keep her comfortable and give her lots of love.  I hand fed her for about a month and she would wake me up for her food and come whining every few hours.  When not eating she spent most her time cuddling me or getting brushed (she loved gettimg brushed).  Well Saturday I woke up without my kitty meowing waiting for me.  I got her food and she ate nothing.  She went back upstairs to be alone.  I knew it was time and called the vet.  She was my first cat.  She loved to cuddle and get brushed but could never sit still while you pet or brushed her.  My funniest memory of her is when she was kitten and got her head stuck in speaker.  Eventually we got her loose.  She had the sweetest meow too. I will miss her greatly.

About 2 weeks ago while caring for my sick cat, my dog lexi who I have had over 13 years started throwing up.  We took her in and showed white blood cell count and amylase high.  Vet suspected pancreatitis and gave her prescription food, antibiotics, and nausea meds.  The next week she had what seemed to be pancreas attack on Friday.  I took her in next day.  Vet rechecked blood and kept treatment.  He called to suggest ultrasound and that he suspected pancreas tumor (xray did not look good). By the time he called though Lexi was acting normal.  Going on walks, eating fine, no vomit.  By the time I took Neo in Lexi was still good so vet said no need for us.  Two days later I got home from work and all 3 dogs were relaxing after their walks (Lexi only got short one).  A short time later I noticed Lexi was uncomfortable but looked more comfortable short time later.  My step daughter took her for short walk so thought maybe too much and I would call vet next day.  I went up to bed. About hour later fiance wakes me up and says Lexi pooped blood.  She went outside laid down and was gone 15 minutes later.  

I am very lost. I am also almost 5 months pregnant.  Losing 2 pets in 3 days is alot and my fiance is worried about all the stress.  But having issues not crying.  Lexi was the most dainty 60 lb dog you would ever meet.  She would bite treats in half to make them smaller.  She hated goimg outside in rain.  She would always bow when you pet her so she could get her back end petted then fling herself on her back for belly rubs.  She loved fetch and would play for hours when young.  Even as a older girl she loved playing fetch and going on walks.  She helped trained my boy huskies too.  Putting them in their place when needed.  When I adopted her she was a mess.  Severe separation anxiety, food agression, resource guarding, and peeing when excited.  But she just needed a loving home.  Over the years we dealt with her seizures and other health issues.  Part of me thought we could get through anything.  

I am going to miss Lexi and Neo so much.   When I feel better I will write stories about my life with them so I never forget.  So many memories after 14 and 13 years.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:44 pm

Jessica, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing 1 pet let alone 2 in one week. Your love for Lexi and Neo shine through in your post.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 11:00 pm

I've had too many dogs in my life, and when it's time for them to head for the bridge there seems to be little to do except to give them the comfort they deserve. But that's little comfort to fill the gaping hole each of them leave in our hearts and to loose two with days of each other, I cannot - would not want to - imagine.

Take care of yourself and (do I need to say this) remember the little one. I'm so sorry for your loss and that sounds so damnably trite ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 am

Jessica, I am so sorry, I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for you. Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 8:39 am

Oh Jessica I do not have enough words to help but hang in there. We can feel your love in the post. So sorry for your loss.

MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:12 am

I am so sorry Jessica. We lost our young cat suddenly in March and I'm still hurting from it. I can't imagine dealing with another loss so soon. Lots of love to you guys.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:14 am

I am sorry for your loss. So much pain in such a short amount of time. Many good years though.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:49 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of your 2 pets so close in time, that has to be so hard. they are watching over you now im sure of it.
it will take time to not cry every min but make sure to take care of the little one inside as well.
Hugs to you and the rest of your family

Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:47 pm

I am so sorry to hear this Jessica.
I know how you are feeling. My parakeet passed a way not to long ago, then 3 days later we had to put our cat to sleep. It is really tough just losing one pet, but two so close together like that, there are no words for how broken a heart can feel.
I give you many prayers and thoughts in your hard time. I extend my ear if you need to vent or just need someone to talk to.

<3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye Neo and Lexi   Goodbye Neo and Lexi Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye Neo and Lexi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1