It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

When did your husky "find his voice"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wiretap
Puppy
Puppy
Wiretap

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

When did your husky "find his voice"? Empty
PostSubject: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Doom's about a year and 4 months now, and up until a week or two ago he would only make noise when he was REALLY excited. Now, however, he's figuring it out and becomes vocal/whiney when he wants attention from the humans, haha. Just making a little more noise in general although still silent most of the time.
Back to top Go down
kwdrysdale
Newborn
Newborn
kwdrysdale

Male Join date : 2015-07-29

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Akira is almost 11 weeks old and sure knows how to tell us she isn't impressed. Lol We've been working on reducing her impulse responses and have her on a leash all the time. Hold the end and don't let her go that extra one foot that she just HAS to go and she whines, barks, and even an occasional howl.
Back to top Go down
ShifuHuy
Newborn
Newborn
ShifuHuy

Male Join date : 2015-05-27

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 pm

When Miya wakes up in the morning and yawns and howl at the same time, and after we let her out of her kennel. Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Kohdi pretty much came out of his mom talking, seriously! LOL, he's a talker! Mishka found hers at about a few months old (cutest lil voice ever too) but I've only heard it maybe 3 times and she's 1 1/2 years old now (almost)
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 11:51 pm

Mishka has only howled once and he is 2.5 years old. He is vocal/whiney but he does not "talk" if that makes sense.

tdmoore44
Newborn
Newborn
tdmoore44

Male Join date : 2014-01-15

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Deacon wan't very vocal until we moved into our house. He turned 1 about a month before that. Now he talks all the time. If you take too long to get to the back door he gets in his play form and gives a long woo woo woo. lol
Back to top Go down
Wiretap
Puppy
Puppy
Wiretap

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 12:39 am

Doom pretty much strictly does it when he's wanting to play or needs attention. He will nibble at your hands and whine, some times it's a woo but more so he sounds like a wookie. He does woo and howl when company comes over as he's weird about new people so he just runs around sniffing and bolting away and then letting out a woo at them.
Back to top Go down
mssuchy
Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:42 am

Klaus is 10 months and gives a lot of woos when he is excited or wanting to play. Same thing when company comes over he lets out a nice deep woo at them, it cracks me up. Otherwise he is pretty quiet. I don't think I've ever heard an actual husky howl out of him.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 pm

When we first got Ami, he would greet us with a low rumbly woo and except for twice early on when he howled to the moon and to answer the howling husky to the south of us, he never really "talked"

Now however, he is a talking, wooing fool. Both not infrequently at 2 AM When did your husky "find his voice"? 1625187496
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:41 am

The question isn't how to get Koda to talk, but moreover, how to get her to shut up.......
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 3:56 pm

tyler.jenkins.125 wrote:

The question isn't how to get Koda to talk, but moreover, how to get her to shut up.......

lol! lol! lol! Ain't it the truff!
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 4:59 pm

It is such a struggle... I'm so glad Koda isn't functioning at 2 am of god knows she would be doing it then too...
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:56 pm

Loki "found his voice" recently...uhh. Unfortunately it sounds kind of like a dying cat.

^warning! Ear splitting.

It seems like he hates it when we howl at him because of the sound he makes, lol. But when we stop he comes up to me and looks at me expectantly, so maybe he secretly likes it? IDK. The neighbors probably think I abuse my dog because of the noises he makes. (>.>)
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:20 am

Danielle, this made me crack up! It sounds like he is screaming! I'm dying over here! Time to watch it again...
Back to top Go down
Wiretap
Puppy
Puppy
Wiretap

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 11:54 am

Here's one of Doom's typical tantrums. Pretty similar to the video above with the whine haha!

Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Haha yeah he screams. I should get a video of him yelling at the cat sometime. It's just nuts. I wish his hollering was more like Kodas. She's so cute. It's like she's telling you something lol.

Omg Jeff! It sounds like you're getting some serious back talk! Lol!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Ok, no vids from me, but....if you combine Loki, Koda and Doom that is Miya. She found her voice the first full day we had her. She fell asleep in my lap so I put her down on her blanket and went to clean up the house. About an hour later I hear the howl of a wolf pup, haha. So Miya has been a talker all her life and she has a combo of howl, woo, talk, grumble, and some odd form of bark, lol. Love this thread.
Back to top Go down
Wiretap
Puppy
Puppy
Wiretap

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Haha, he loves to argue. Especially when you just say no. He hates it.

Back to top Go down
adamc.
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2015-08-26

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:03 pm

those are some good vids. doom is a handsome guy.
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 10:27 am

Doom's video is hilarious! Such a back-talker.

She doesn't like when I'm in another room making monkey noises apparently...

Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 11:20 am

At around 4 months is when Mylo started to talk/howl. This is the first video I took of him on the day he spoke lol So let's go back to February…here's Mylo responding to a squeaky toy haha

Here we are writing a song together, lead vocals: Mylo. (back in May)

Hmmm this reminds me that I should record a current one of him howling!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
Wiretap
Puppy
Puppy
Wiretap

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Haha! The monkey sounds is funny. She is freaking out.

And mylo is jammin out. I'm kinda glad Doom doesn't do that when I play guitar lol
Back to top Go down
My husky meeka
Newborn
Newborn
My husky meeka

Female Join date : 2013-09-07

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Meeka started around 6 months. She will howl when she hears a fire truck haha, or when we mimic a howl or talk. Lana is 2 and she doesn't howl. I guess it just depends on the dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did your husky "find his voice"?   When did your husky "find his voice"? Empty

Back to top Go down

When did your husky "find his voice"?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1