It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Secret Santa 2015 info!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Secret Santa 2015 info! Empty
PostSubject: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Secret Santa is an ongoing tradition here on IAHT.com and I'm happy to run it again this yr.

We have one main rule, to prevent sad huskies on Christmas morning from people who bailed without telling me you can only be a part of SS if you have over 100 post (same rule for HOTM), I'm really sorry if this excludes you this year, but we have had some flakes in the past that have ruined my trusting nature. You have till Nov. 20th to reach that #.

Here is the info if you want to partake in the holiday fun:)

Please PM me your name, address and dog/s names by NOV 20th!!!!! and I will get back to everyone by the 24th or sooner.

I am suggesting a $25 minimum for the family (not per dog, but if you want, you are free to go over, please don't go under or count shipping into the $25) remember it's all for fun and spoiling the dogs.

Once I have all the names I will then PM you who you will be gifting to, remember it's a secret so no giving out clues, OR asking other members who they have  
You don't have to celebrate Christmas to partake in the fun either its open to everyone, I can note in the PM to the person that gets you to stay away from x-mas themed stuff if that's what you want.

All the gifts should be sent in the mail by Dec 8, that gives it 2.5 weeks to show up, if you will be out of town or are in another country please just note that in your post so the person who does receive you will adjust the shipping date so you receive it in time. You can put your name on the return address, or not, if you don't please add your name to the inside package so the receiver knows who sent it and can thank you. If you have an issue with shipping to another country please let me know a head of time.

It would be great if everyone could take pictures or video of your dog/s opening their gifts to share with everyone! We can post them in a new SS Reveal thread AFTER Christmas, that way we keep the secret. It would be nice to post on here that you did receive your gift (no name of sender) so the sender knows it showed up.

Ok on to the fun, please post in this thread what your dog/s like/dislikes are so that whomever receives your pups will have an idea of what gifts to pick up.
Treats, collars, wearable things, toys, whatever they love most.

When you receive the name of who you are shopping for come back to this thread and find the post about what they like to help with the shopping!

This will be a TON of fun and I hope you all have a great time shopping and wrapping and letting the dog/s do the opening!!!
I have found the best deals on Black Friday, I hear Amazon is also a great place to shop, or support your local pet store.

let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by jbealer on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:44 pm

I will start
Sierra and Jack love all natural treats/ bones.
they love squeaky toys that are durable, like the kong stuff
they are not a fan of rubber smelling toys though.

please NO STUFFED TOYS or FABRIC anything, Sierra eats them Sad

Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:56 pm

We are definitely in again! We love the gift exchange!

Tika and Ripley like:

tough made squeak toys
Ripley loves balls (hee hee) but she has quite a few
All natural treats or bones
mom loves to dress them in bandanas (Jen sent us awesome ones last year which will be featured in their holiday cards)

we are not opposed to Christmasy things, really there are not too many dislikes!
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:56 pm

Oh this is super cool! Can we do handmade things? Like if we are really good at baking treats or sewing outfits or embroidering collars etc.?
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Danielle yes!! I send homemade treats every year, and sometimes for the owners too Smile
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Yay! I was hoping to see this posted soon. Very Happy

Mishka is not picky when it comes to food (biscuits/cookies, etc.) but I will list a few items anyway. lol.

• Dehydrated treats
• Freeze dried treats
• Collars/bandanas (he's a L usually)
• Squeaky Air Kong balls (L)
• Kyjen Plush Spider Toy
• Squeaky Plush Toys

Dislikes:
• Chicken based treats (allergy)
• Rawhides
• Made in China treats
• Antlers (he just doesn't care for them)
• Rope Toys
• Nylabones
• Rubber Toys

I feel like my dislike list is longer than my like list... scratch

Last edited by simplify on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 4:13 pm

We love SS. Although we won't be home (we are leaving the 23rd)

Tuffy Brand Stuffed Toys
Himalayan Chews
Kygen Invincible Toys (they like the hedgehogs and snakes)
Stuffingless toys
odorless bullysticks

dislikes:
Anything with Rice (Django is allergic)
Tennis balls (Loki eats the fuzz)
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Hey everyone,
you need to send me a PM with all your info if you want to do SS Smile

and yes, home made gifts for the pups or humans is always welcomed! I do some thing each yr home made.
only thing is if you bake to maybe do a heads up so they do not go bad, so maybe let me know to pass on to the SS receiver.

Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:02 pm

We also love secret santa!

tough toys of any kind are welcome
toys with little to no stuffing are also good
antlers
treats (grain free, please)

Dislikes:
toys with a lot of stuffing
tennis balls (he will eat them and get sick)

Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 11:42 am

We love secret santa!

Bullysticks
Dental chews
Tough toys
Squeaky toys
Any fun/cute collars/bandanas, etc...

Please no:
Please no antlers or bones this year. They love them but with Logan's tooth issue we are going to take a break from them.
Nylabones
Treats made outside the U.S. or Canada
Both have sensitive tummies so limiting treats is appreciated.

Feel free to send stuffed toys. Bode and Logan love them but they don't last very long. We just have to monitor Logan with them!

I should also note that Logan's 1st birthday is Christmas Eve Very Happy

Last edited by MGoBlue on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 9:49 pm

We're in too!

Ghost loves stuffed animals, and Denali loves balls and anything he can chew on without getting in trouble Wink both love bully sticks and antlers as well, as does Lulu (she's a ball fiend too).

Please absolutely NO ROPES (it's a long story, you can read my blog if you weren't around last year) or anything edible made outside the US/Canada.

Christmas is likely to be super hectic for us again this year (2nd Christmas move in 3 years, thankfully this one is local and not cross country) and the idiots will appreciate the gifts Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Secret Santa 2015 info! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyThu Nov 05, 2015 9:51 pm

Kellyb wrote:
Danielle yes!! I send homemade treats every year, and sometimes for the owners too Smile

I'm secretly hoping you're our SS again this year so I get more Diabeetus. And yes, that is still how it's referred to in this house. My pancreas still hates me, but that stuff was amazing!

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 12:13 pm

What fun! Of coarse we're in!

ears (any animal)
antlers
BALLS!!! She plays fetch with herself... such goofball
Anything Kong (Her Kong Original is MIA currently, so even a new Kong would be nice Wink )
Treats, She loves ALL the treats, but meat treats are the way to her heart.
Anything wearable (Bandannas, collars, a Louis Vuitton carrying bag...)
Durable toys with little to no stuffing
Sgueakers! She especially loves the big squeakers that are loud Secret Santa 2015 info! 1625187496
We LOVE homemade and DIY stuff!

Dislikes:
Stuff with too much stuffing that isn't EXTREMELY durable
Milk-bone style cookie treats
Anything fish related, I believe she has a slight allergy
the chihuahuas that live down the street (God she hates them)                           So do I.......

This is so exciting! I want to start shopping right now!
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 4:31 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:

Kellyb wrote:

I'm secretly hoping you're our SS again this year so I get more Diabeetus. And yes, that is still how it's referred to in this house. My pancreas still hates me, but that stuff was amazing!

god dont tempt to me to make more.....I'm dying for some and my mom makes the best!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Ok i have PM addresses from the following:
me
Erica
Rocio
Ashleigh
Sara
Kelly
Tyler

Who else wants in? send me a PM!!!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 2:01 am

Check your texts Wink

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:01 am

Only 8 people this year? Come on ya'll!

Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Loki likes anything except rawhides lol. Oh! He also needs things to be size large, please. We celebrate Christmas, but if we get Hanukkah or kwanza or any other holiday themed stuff we will be just as happy lol!

Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:45 pm

we're wiling to give it a try.
Leo Likes:
long toys with or without stuffing (snake like ones)
Bottle Dog Toys
Crackle toys
balls
natural chews or treats
antlers
rope toys

Joey Like:
soft treats

Dislikes:
Nylabones
Made in China treats

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 2:26 pm

bounce BUMP bounce

send me a IM if you want in!!!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 2:36 pm

There are only 10 of us signed up right now, who else wants in on the fun!!!

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 3:25 pm

jbealer wrote:
There are only 10 of us signed up right now, who else wants in on the fun!!!

I'm thinking about it...the main issue for me is Ami is not a toy/treat kind of dog so for him, its mostly a waste of money. Since we've let him have the 4 acres he finds that more interesting. When we go to stores and they give him different dog treats, he takes it for a moment, then stands there with his mouth open until the treat falls out Secret Santa 2015 info! 1625187496 Ungrateful wretch that he his.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Amy,
what about Archer? feels like most of us know him to, could put them both down Wink

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 9:50 pm

jbealer wrote:
Amy,
what about Archer? feels like most of us know him to, could put them both down Wink

hmmm...he eats anything and does play with toys...especially if he can flaunt it at Ami and then take for the moon lol!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 11:31 am

Thank you for the reminder we are SO IN!

Baylin and Bourbon. (If you are new Baylin is Bourbon's snippy herding wrestle partner /big sister Australian shepherd!) Both are Large.

love all natural treats/ bones
love dehyrdrated / freeze dried raw treats (Bourbon loves!)
Animal chews / ears
Himalayan chews
Bullysticks
Balls more softball size or wobbly but Baylin love all sizes Bourb more the wobble
Baylin loves squeaky toys that are durable, like the kong stuff she eats thinner stuff
They are usually not picky and one usually likes it if we have an odd day.

antlers are usually ignored after day one
please NO TURKEY

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret Santa 2015 info!   Secret Santa 2015 info! Empty

Back to top Go down

Secret Santa 2015 info!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next