It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Can't leave puppy out of the crate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mooixi
Newborn
Newborn
mooixi

Female Join date : 2015-12-28

crate - Can't leave puppy out of the crate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't leave puppy out of the crate   crate - Can't leave puppy out of the crate - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:44 pm

^ I only have one 45 lb pup. lol. He's a good puller when he wants to go to the park, but I'm not sure he has enough strength to pull me on a bike.

Has there ever been a study done to calculate # of dogs need to pull x amount of weight?
Back to top Go down
AnyaLuv
Teenager
Teenager
AnyaLuv

PostSubject: Re: Can't leave puppy out of the crate   crate - Can't leave puppy out of the crate - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Hahahaha you're in for a surprise. Check out competitive weight pulling; a single Husky can pull as much as 400 lbs; the top Huskies can pull over 600.

My girl is just 39 pounds and I'm quite chubby; she has no problem tugging me along and absolutely loves it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.siberiansamoyed.com
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Can't leave puppy out of the crate   crate - Can't leave puppy out of the crate - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Huskymom09's 10 year old won last year pulling just under 900 pounds by himself. Very Happy

ETA: let me correct that, Dakota, is over 11 now and his personal best was 1280 in September 2014, so maybe more now????
Back to top Go down
mooixi
Newborn
Newborn
mooixi

Female Join date : 2015-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Can't leave puppy out of the crate   crate - Can't leave puppy out of the crate - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:21 pm

O_O OMG! That's amazing.
Back to top Go down
counter
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Can't leave puppy out of the crate   crate - Can't leave puppy out of the crate - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:58 pm

AnyaLuv wrote:
^I have yet to figure out bikejoring properly--my fault, not my dogs haha. She does just fine, I just haven't ridden a bike in a decade and I'm clumsy. I ended buying an adult tricycle that I use for bikejoring. It doesn't go as fast and doesn't as turn as nimbly as a regular bike, but it's much more stable and I don't have to worry about toppling over; she still can pull to her heart's content and get a good workout with breaking my neck Smile

Sounds like what you're doing is similar to dog carting. I've seen 3 and 4 wheeled carts before. Sometimes they have a seat to sit down, and other times they don't have a seat so you stand up just like being on a sled. If you saw my thread about altering my mountain bike from a bike to a dog scooter, there are pics of what it looks like now. I stand up the entire way, with both pedals in the down position instead of the normal one up/one down, and I removed the seat post so there's nothing to injure me! Ha.

I took all four dogs out last night and we ended up going 6.2 miles out and back. We usually go a slightly different route, but the one road that connects us was not cleared well and was too icy, especially in the dark, and especially because it goes through an area where the dogs are known to smell and see prey, so they pull extra fast. That's a recipe for disaster! affraid  

We have black ice all over Idaho in this desert. I went a new route that actually ends up being 0.8 miles longer (the usual run is 5.4 miles), which is what I've been wanting to do anyways to get them some extra distance in. It's been about 10-12 degrees here, and the dogs and I love it. I bring a fresh hot cup of mocha caramel coffee in my thermos and off we go into the night! The ground has been covered with snow ever since Thanksgiving, so the white snow reflects the moonlight and I turn off all headlights so the dogs aren't blinded or confused by shadows and reflections. We run by moonlight alone, and can see coyotes and jackrabbits moving in the shadows all around us on the trail. It's an amazing sight! I'm about to take them out right now for today's daily run after I post this; same loop as last night. Off we go...!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't leave puppy out of the crate   crate - Can't leave puppy out of the crate - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't leave puppy out of the crate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2