It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:53 pm

You need a thought bubble to go with that - "Heeeeey, Baby?! Was'sup?... How YOU Doin'?" *grin*
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:11 pm

No response from Amy today I'm guessing? Ugh... I hate this Sad I can't imagine what you must be going through Sad

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:44 pm

I did talk to her yesterday....but today is when she let's me know what will happen to Sully...

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:16 pm

It is with a sad and heavy heart to say Sully's owners will be picking him up on Friday...
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:18 pm

*BIG TEARS* OMG, I can't believe those people. I'm so sorry, Claudia. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Sad You did above and beyond what most people would do Claudia... What are they going to do?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:31 pm

She mentioned that she had a friend at a Border Collie rescue that could help them. She didn't say the words, but she meant that he will be PTS.

I really wish the husband could have found it in his heart to decide otherwise.

She at least found comfort that, for the past couple of weeks, Sully has been comfortable, enjoying himself exploring the outdoors, and has had Ginger to play with.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Evil or Very Mad I don't know how people can be that way. You own a dog for 10 years and then decide you can't deal with it getting old. So you put it to sleep.

So upset. Really wish she could have grown up and put her foot down and done the right thing. From everything that you've said it really sounds as if she's a very weak person who has married a very controlling man.

Poor Sully... Give him a super super big hug and kiss from us here.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:51 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Evil or Very Mad I don't know how people can be that way. You own a dog for 10 years and then decide you can't deal with it getting old. So you put it to sleep.

So upset. Really wish she could have grown up and put her foot down and done the right thing. From everything that you've said it really sounds as if she's a very weak person who has married a very controlling man.

Poor Sully... Give him a super super big hug and kiss from us here.

Agreed!
We will give him lots of love from everyone!

Thank you all, for your support!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Sad

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:09 pm

wow, poor Sully! She needs to stop being such a chicken shit and stand up to that husband of hers! This is breaking my heart so I could only imagine how you feel Sad
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:20 pm

poor Sully Sad Can't believe she couldn't grow a pair and stand up to her stupid husband Mad
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:17 pm

If she loved Sully so much, why wouldn't she let him be adopte out? I'm confused, does it cost the owners more money if she left him with a rescue to find a new home? This is so sad...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Claudia, this sucks so bad, im so sorry for you, your family and sully Sad

is there a way that before friday Sully could "run away?"

kind of like hiding a car when the repo man is after it.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm

I learned about Belray (not sure if that's how it's spelled) last night. I think it's a 'teaching hospital' for vets to do surgery. From what Igather, it's vet students doing surgical procedures under the supervision of a licensed vet. And I *think* it's free or very low cost because you are basically letting students learn on your pet...

It's worth a shot...what else do I have to lose??

Wish me luck!

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Good Luck! Fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Good luck Claudia (and Sully)!!

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Wow, I have missed a lot and am so sorry to hear what has taken place. Sad I truly admire you, Claudia, for all the time and effort you have put into making Sully as comfortable and happy as possible while in your care and also for trying so hard to find alternatives for him especially in light of his owners planning to get him on Friday. All fingers and paws crossed for you and Sully with the Belray idea, it couldn't hurt to try. Here's hoping...

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Good luck guys! We're all pulling for you, Sully!

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Well, no luck on Bel-Rea Animal Institute. They're not licensed to do a 'pro-bono' surgery - I guess they're not a teaching hospital.

I also called Colorado State University because they do have a vet teaching hospital, but found out that it'll still cost about the same because all surgeries are under careful guidance of a board certified surgeon.

However, CSU did refer me to 2 more options that might be able to help with low-cost surgery because they are NOT board certified surgeons.....so I'll call those places tomorrow.

It'll be my 'Hail-Mary' last chance to find some hope for Sully...otherwise, his owners are picking him up Friday morning sometime.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:58 pm

Is it totally irrational that I want to fly up to CO and kick some sense and compassion into this husband of hers?!?! GRR!

You're doing so much for him Claudia! You are an angel to Sully.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:10 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Is it totally irrational that I want to fly up to CO and kick some sense and compassion into this husband of hers?!?! GRR!

Come on over! I'll be right beside you!

arooroomom wrote:
You're doing so much for him Claudia! You are an angel to Sully.

I wish I could do more! I wish I found him a home to live out his retirement years in pure bliss!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:07 pm

OMG!

I found a home for Sully!! She had huskies before, and she will love him, and care for him, and make sure he's comfortable and happy until it IS his time to exit this place.

I left a message for owner that she has an option other than putting him to sleep.

Now I can only hope the owner agrees to surrender him!

(I'm now waiting, *nervous and anxious to hear back from owner*)

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:11 pm

SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*bouncing up and down excited* OMG OMG OMG! I'm so glad!! I really, really, REALLY hope Sully's "owners" let him go to the new place, rather than selfishly decide to put him down. I'm so glad!! YAY YAY YAY!!
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Oh, and if Sully needs a "hideout" while his folks get convinced this is the best outcome possible, I'm happy to take him for a few hours. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home   Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ginger and Sully greeting JD when he comes home

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next