It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

year and a half husky toilet problems.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stu1988
Newborn
Newborn

year and a half husky toilet problems. Empty
PostSubject: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:09 pm

Hello everyone, wondering if anyone could help me. Been to the vets multiple times but after hundreds of pounds we no closer to the problem.

Ill start from the beginning... bare with me it is quite long..

Basically we have had a husky since 8 weeks old and decided to rescue another from the rspca about 5 months ago. Since day one the one we rescued has had bad diarrhea, we thought it was maybe something to do with the food as our other husky has a sensitive stomach. We had no toilet problems in the house for the first 2 months or so, then all of a sudden he has had multiple diarrhea poos and wees in the kitchen every single night... we are now using 2 kitchen rolls a day to clean up.. thats how bad it is..

We have tried multiple foods but still nothing, (including the two different hypoallergenic foods we have purchased for our other husky). When he does have a solid poo it is quickly followed by a really runny one 30-40 minutes everytime. We just dont know if it is the food or a medical condition.. he has been to the vets and had lots of checks done on his poo and urine but nothing.

Over the holiday period we went to stay with the parents, and both the dogs had to stay in our room over night... for the 4 nights we were there, not a single accident... he could hold it all night.. EVEN though he had a severely bad stomach!! As soon as we get home... in the kitchen again.

We at our wits end.. just dont know what to do or try for getting his stomach better, and to stop him going toilet in the kitchen. We dont want the dogs up stairs as we want our own space. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 4:40 pm

sounds like a bit of anxiety, my chihuahua was like that for a wail. started to crate him in my room and it seamed to help. not sure if you have tried blocking off the kitchen as see if anything happens or cleaning the floor with enzyme cleaners to make sure the pee smell is gone. you can use simple pet solutions or fizzles.
i'm sure more forum friends with more experience will chime in soon.
Back to top Go down
stu1988
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Yea i thought it could be some kind of anxiety, thats why he is playing up as such... but doesnt explain why he still has an upset stomach all the time.. and I forgot to mention the time he started having toilet problems in the house, he also started eating mud.. not sure if that is related though?

Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 6:10 pm

it might have fertilizer or something like that in it that might be causing the stomach upset. Leo got into a small amount of it once and had similar issues. i had to put him on a bland diet for a few days.
if you wanted to try the bland food here is the link to the discussion https://www.itsahuskything.com/t15232-explosive-diarrhea-need-recipe-for-bland-food
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Pumpkin should help a little with firming up the poops. Perhaps enough at least to slow the in house accidents hopefully. A bland diet and stopping the dirt eating would be my first line of business. Have you looked at the limited ingredient diets? Played with different proteins? Almost sounds like an allergy. Most dog foods, even hypoallergenic ones, often have chicken in them. He might have a chicken allergy.

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:04 am

Stu, I agree with the others. For an example, my younger dog when we take her on walks will not potty, until she gets home. Sounds to me like your dog is only comfy at his home and that is why the accidents are happening only at your home. I agree with the others suggestions. I will add one other thing. I have read about a serious issue, called EPI, if you google EPI in dogs you'll get some info, I have a strange feeling that more dogs have this issue, and it is not always the food that is being fed. There is a test that can be done by the vet. Ask them to do it. It was once believed a GSD issue, but now they feel it is any breed, any age issue. Biggest problem is constant diarrhea with basically no change when changing the diet. Weight loss, is also a common symptom. It is worth asking your vet to check to at least rule it out as the problem.
Back to top Go down
stu1988
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Thanks for all the help and advice so far, I have just googled what EPI is and to be honest im gonna get him tested as soon as possible.. as he has got all the symptoms. We thought when we rescued him, that he hadnt been fed enough as he was skin and bones at the time..we managed to put a small amount of weight back on him.. but he still ribs.. so ticks every box of symptoms of EPI. Will get back to you when we get the results.. will be Friday as he booked in to the vets for then.

Thanks again for all your advice.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Good plan, and good luck. Some vets don't test, because again it was more problematic with gsd's so insist on having him tested. And please update us. If EPI is not the issue, I would also check on having an allergy test done, to see if he is allergic to a certain ingredient, this may also be the issue, however, I would rule out the EPI first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: year and a half husky toilet problems.   year and a half husky toilet problems. Empty

Back to top Go down

year and a half husky toilet problems.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1