It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Question about Raw and Potty Breaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
onefyasko
Newborn
Newborn
onefyasko

Male Join date : 2015-10-30

Question about Raw and Potty Breaks Empty
PostSubject: Question about Raw and Potty Breaks   Question about Raw and Potty Breaks EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

I started noticing a trend recently where depending on the type of raw food I am feeding Cloud, he doesn't seem to want to poo depending on the meat...

For instance, Chicken would be normal, twice a day. And when I feed him ground beef mix he won't poo for what seems like a couple of days. (This includes going on 2 - 3 mile walks every day).

It is honestly baffling, not so much a concern as it is just odd.

Has anyone else experienced something similar with there pup?

Back to top Go down
DjSamphard
Newborn
Newborn
DjSamphard

Male Join date : 2015-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Question about Raw and Potty Breaks   Question about Raw and Potty Breaks EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:21 pm

I have noticed that ever since my pup has been on raw diet for the past 2 weeks now, he poops a lot less.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Question about Raw and Potty Breaks   Question about Raw and Potty Breaks EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:19 am

Glenn, I am hijacking for just a second, then I will answer your question.

Thank you Paul for finishing up your profile and adding an avatar. Yay....now we know who we are helping, and btw, Raiden is a very pretty pup.

Glenn, I did mention Cloud was a beauty.....he has such unique blue eyes....Now to your question...If you feed chicken legs or thighs, they have a higher fat level than say some lean beef and chicken breast. My Sofie poops more when feeding legs and thighs, just goes with the higher fat. Normal is a perception as well, the younger the dog, the more they poop. I think 2 times a day is fine, but you are right with once a day being fine as well. Miya will go once a day normally, but sometimes may skip a day. If the beef has more bone in it than the chicken, this may also be why. Also, with more bone make sure they get a little more water, although feeding raw gives extra moisture to your dog, and some dogs on raw, may actually drink less than a dog who eats kibble only, if they get a little too much bone, make sure their water consumption goes up a little.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Question about Raw and Potty Breaks   Question about Raw and Potty Breaks EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:56 am

Glenn, i know that you have gone through a raw supplier, that seemed reasonably priced, I know a few others that go through that place. I can not remember the company's name. Paul, poster above me, wanted some beef supplier info. do you mind sharing again the name of the company? I believe they are based out of NJ.....Thanks!! Smile
Back to top Go down
onefyasko
Newborn
Newborn
onefyasko

Male Join date : 2015-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Question about Raw and Potty Breaks   Question about Raw and Potty Breaks EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Hey sorry for taking so long to answer, Ive been sick for a few days now.

Thank you for the comment on Cloud, Ill be sure to let him know! The place I get my food from is called Raww Energy.

http://www.raawenergy.com/

The owner is a super nice dude and has some general advice on his products when you ask him (Bone sizes, what bones a dog might prefer etc.)

They have a bunch of food drop locations and things too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Raw and Potty Breaks   Question about Raw and Potty Breaks Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about Raw and Potty Breaks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1