It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JessicaR
Newborn
Newborn
JessicaR

Female Join date : 2016-03-16

52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 12:08 pm

I love his colors, he is a beautiful boy!
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

Male Join date : 2016-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 4:07 am

Week 17 has came and gone, but it was another fantastic week with Loki! I swear, there is nothing on this earth that can compare to this pup. Everyday he makes us so proud, and he exceeds all of our expectations by miles. Even in this short amount of time he has been with is, its almost impossible to imagine life without him!

During the week, things were as usual very typical. Since my fiance and I are on opposite shifts, with her working from 6:30am-2:30pm and me working 5:30pm to 4:00am, we usually end up sharing stories in the morning over coffee while Loki eats and goes to the bathroom when he wakes up. Usually we go back to bed after some playtime and mom goes to work, and then he wakes me up again for lunch around 12:30-1pm. This is usually the best time to grab some photos of him, and take him for a walk ect.

But the weekends are almost exclusively for Loki. And if i didn't already love my weekends, he just makes them that much better. We got to go to the dog park again with our friends, and Lokis friend Bailey the beagle, and then on sunday our dog trainer came by! He is very highly recommended, but i think Loki might have fooled him good! He was teaching us to avert our eyes from Loki and some other basic behavior modification training, and was showing us how we should behave around Loki. But never to be outdone, and with the dog trainer ignoring him, Loki plopped down and started the "who can ignore who longer" game! He was definitely not tired, he was figuring out how to outsmart the dog trainer! For only being 17 weeks old, he is one smart little pup!

After things wrapped up with the trainer, Loki suddenly found his energy again! I had been wanting to bring him back to the breeder we got him from so that she could see how he was doing first hand and MAYBE meet some of his family! It was a bit rocky, as our breeder explained that while her dogs might smell the same, Loki does not, and to the rest of her pack he is an unfamiliar puppy. It was nice to see them, and maybe next time Loki can play with them a bit more!

On to pictures! Here our breeder was helping us teach Loki how to "stack" or stand. We don't plan on showing him at all but showing him a new trick and teaching him is something we like to do, and i do like how they look when in the "stack" position. They look so proper!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 70cT5k0

The second picture is one of my favorites of Loki so far. We actually got this one before i was heading to work. He plopped down in the kitchen on my fiances feet, and she nearly squealed. "Grab the camera, hurry!" she said. Well she moved her feet and Loki held the pose. I hope you guys like this one!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 H1MAP57

I can't wait to see what this week brings!!!!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 3:52 pm

love that last one, striking a pose with crossed paws lol.
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Side note, i weighed him on our scale today. Its not correct. It reads too high. I would say 4-5 pounds to high. Because Loki weighed 39 lbs, and i know he is not that heavy. I would guess between 34-35 pounds at this point. Gotta figure out a good way to calibrate the scale, it was just a cheap one from wal-mart, so i guess i shouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:21 am

The second pic IS awesome. He's growing up beautifully! Love his coloring/markings and I'm a sucker for the brown eyes. I like his harness!
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 7:56 pm

Well week 18 has came and it's time for more Loki pictures! Its been a rough week for the poor guy, after going to the vet and just not feeling himself. But, with the amazing help of this forum, (you guys are THE best!!) he's back to feeling much much better! And he gets his favorite, turkey, in his special bland diet. I wish I had more to say about this week, but he has been grounded/quarantined so we don't get other puppies sick and he can get better faster. He is shedding some fur now, we keep finding "husky glitter" all over the house and on our clothes. Not a full on coat blowing but it fills up the slicker brush pretty fast.

These pictures were all taken at the beginning of the week, but so far they are some of my very favorites. We have been going gangbusters on the yard work, making sure he can't get himself into and trouble.

I love the goofy expression on his face here
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 KmvUwzX

Get your tongues out, its crazy time!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 AhtPad0

Happiest puppy ever! Again it looks like he is smiling, I'm getting the hang of these action shots!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 UUDnR1I

We had him at the vets, and i was shocked to learn this guy is 37 pounds now. Can't wait for the weekend, so we can do more adventures with Loki!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 am

Love these pictures and his markings! Have fun this weekend.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 1:28 pm

Loki is a beautiful guy. Love his coat and his structure. Love the tennis ball pic.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2016 10:09 am

What a cutie pie! He's going to be even more handsome as he grows up!
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 3:56 am

Jeez am I ever slacking!!! 3 weeks and no updates! I'm really sorry, been swamped at work and when I get free time, well you know where it goes.

Week 19----Well week 19 was rather uneventful. We went for the standard walks but no fun adventures. And he got to hang out with his cousin Dallas the Lab!

Dallas and Loki playing together.
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 Rd1lqq8

Loki all tuckered out (yea right) after playing with Dallas
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 BH9tHGz

Sorry these photos were taken on my phone, i didn't get to break out the Canon I was just so busy. 40 lbs at 19 weeks.

Week 20 was a big one. He is 5 whole months old now! And big boys go on big boy adventures. Jenn wanted to take him out to a big provincial park called Point Pelee. Its a large wetlands are with beaches, boardwalks, wildlife galore and a good adventure for Loki. And boy did he do great! He was very polite and even some of the "birders" stopped taking photos of the birds to get a picture of our Husky!

Loki on the boardwalk!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 Ihl5ggC

Loki on the beach! This might be my new favorite picture of him!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 HEcuIul

Loki watching the children! Can never be too careful around those tiny hoomans!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 1nNLVRK

He did not know what these wave things were all about, so like a good husky, he attacked! But then got wet, so ran back! And then attacked again! it was HILARIOUS watching him run after the waves and dart away, biting the water as he did. This was a fantastic day with Loki.

We had weighed him early in the week, tipping the scales at 43 pounds now.

Week 21----Another big weekend with Loki! We joined a Husky facebook group and while they had no events going on in our city, a few hours away they had a big meet for all the members, and we knew we had to bring Loki to join the Husky Force. And he did awsome! It was so much fun to meet other husky owners and huskies, and watch them run around like maniacs! Loki found one puppy very interesting, Nova,  and really liked to play with her! He liked running around with all the huskies really, and by the end of the meet he was zonked! I guess there is no party like a husky party! Also, we got his new harness! A Ruffwear Webmaster. He is not a fan of it, but slowly he is getting used to it and not complaining as much.

Husky Huddle Malamute Mingle London area Husky meet!
 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 Y9yF4IF

Loki in his new harness!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 IwU16At

Loki playing with his new BFF Nova! (she was a sweetheart too!)
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 Jr98TgL

We ended up taking Loki to the vet today, so May 16 for a couple boosters. We had been waiting for news about his testicles, as the last visit only one had dropped. He got his boosters and the vet started talking about neutering him due to the one testicle, but before we got too serious into the conversation he decided to check him, and voila, the second one dropped! Now that we knew that it might be a while before we get him neutered, we decided to get him microchipped now. I felt so bad that he had to take that big needle without being knocked out, but his safety is even more important. While he was at the vets, he was of coarse weighed, and is at 47 pounds! Unbelievable how big he is already, i'm starting to think he will end up over 65 by the time all is said and done. And hopefully i don't end up so busy I miss 3 weeks of updates, I will do my best!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 2:21 pm

he is very handsome love the coloring and his mask, too. beautiful pictures of your adventures, like the beach picture and looks like the had lots of fun at the meetup.
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:47 am

Boy oh boy its been far too long since I have updated this. Unfortunately, right around the last time I updated this was when everything started ramping up for the wedding, along with the numerous other things we had to attend to, and on top of all that we got the second Husky Sasha, I just couldn't find the time to sit down for 5 minutes. Jeez does time ever fly by, but I will just pick up here.

We are officially married, and everything went great. We had to put the pups in daycare for 2 days and that was, very very hard to do. We spent everyday with Loki since we brought him home, and we woke up the day after the wedding pretty early because we missed them so much.

Loki, has been great. Well, hes growing great, and is a total sweatheart with me and my wife, but him and his sister are starting to compete for dominance. He has grown even more if you can believe it, our baby is a staggering 62lbs. He pulls like a freight train, and has really settled into his body well.

Loki and his sister Sasha, this pretty much captures the personality of each dog in one photo.
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 ONqXCTZ

Loki has also taken to digging more and more, and he has gotten very, very good at it. It only took him a few minutes to dig this.
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EeJjbMZ

Since the backyard has become a racetrack of sorts for these two, I figured building an agility A-frame would add some excitement for them when the tear around the yard.
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 J5vamzL

Life has been great. Its been a little over a month since we got married and aside from being more cautious when Loki and Sasha are out playing, he has been a perfect little gentleman. He is not neutered yet, and we did have an incident at the dog park, and for the time being we are going to avoid them until he is neutered. No one was hurt, but he was being a little too aggressive with a female American Bulldog that had 40 pounds on him. He was fine until that one dog showed up, i don't know what happened, there were other female dogs at the park and males and he got along great with all of them. I am thrilled with how he is growing and his behavior has been amazing aside from a few things with other dogs that are probably related to his surging hormones. I will be back next week to resume the 52 weeks of Loki! It bummed me out I had missed so much time updating, but I will get everyone caught up!
Back to top Go down
KairoAndEmber
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2016-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 11:17 am

Congrats on the wedding! And nice to hear that everything is settling down! Definitely time to get him fixed - sounds like he couldn't resist the challenge!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 2:31 pm

Congratulation on your wedding, nice a frame. sounds like he cant resist a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Loki_Weston
Puppy
Puppy
Loki_Weston

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 6:02 am

Well it's another week of Loki, and while the pictures are all a few days old, Loki is recovering after getting neutered last night. I really have to say that once we dropped him off at the vets, I immediately started having second thoughts. While the last time at the dog park was scary with him showing aggression to the bigger female bulldog, as you will see in the pictures, we brought him up to London On. for the September to Remember H2M2 meet, and he was a total sweetheart. I feel like a monster, and I'm really not sure if that will change in the future.

Loki is doing well, I'm sure there is some pain, but we spared no expense and made sure he has pain pills and antibiotics. Otherwise, for a good chunk of the week, its been raining and much of the city has flooding. We did get to go to the H2M2 meet last weekend, which was fantastic. Loki (and me) got to meet our first Malamute, Loki got to see his friend Nova again (who is in an earlier photo with Loki posted here) and blast around a really amazing dog park. I was nervous, as the dogs can run off into the bush or up a hill and be out of sight for quite some time, but he seems to be doing well with recall. And after the exciting Saturday of the dog park, we followed it up with a pack walk with our breeder. Loki got to walk with his Mom and Grandpa, and our breeder really thinks Loki is going to do some great things once hes in a harness and pulling a sled.

I picked this photo from the H2M2 meet with Loki in full stride chasing Sasha and Nova, playing catch-up. The smaller girls are a teeny bit faster taking off but Loki will end up blowing past them once he gets up to full speed.
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 RC84GdI

The full crew trying to pose for a picture. We did pretty good all things considered.
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 BTHyMqm
Dogs from left to right, top to bottom (Nova, Rocky, Loki, Sasha, Diesel, Luka, and Asia)

Mom playing fetch with her baby boy
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 VSUqFUK

And finally Mom giving Loki a big hug for being such a good boy!
52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 WAeyzTQ

Stay tuned for more weekly updates from Loki. And you can follow him on Instagram at #notsew19!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 4:40 pm

beautiful pictures, nice pack pic of everyone. he looks so happy in that last one getting hugs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!   52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

52 weeks of Loki--Updated-23/09/16---Week 23!!! H2M2 Meet!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2