It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Ohio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JessicaR
Newborn
Newborn
JessicaR

Female Join date : 2016-03-16

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi there! My name is Jessica and I am a soon to be Siberian husky owner. We will be picking up our puppy on Friday, I cant wait.

A little bit about me, most of my neighbors know me as the crazy dog lady or the crazy chicken lady. Laughing I am a stay at home mom with 4 kids, 1 is no longer at home. We have lots of animals in our household which include 4 shelties, a 5 month old black lab puppy, that we are fostering to be a seeing eye dog. 3 cats, 10 hens, 1 rooster, and 1 duck. Oh and the soon to be turkeys, that will only be around until November Wink

I am a 4H advisor and my kids have been in 4H for a total of 12 years. In our club we do showmanship. obedience, rally-o and agility. Also our head trainer for the club has had 30 years experience in training dogs for sled and dryland racing, so we are looking forward to training our husky to pull! I have also shown my one sheltie in UKC shows, and have fostered a total of 11 puppies to be seeing eye dogs, so far 9 have gone on to working homes 1 failed and we are still raising the 11th one.

I guess that is enough of my ramblings for now, I am sure I will have some questions once we bring the pup home, just wanted to stop in and say hello!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Hi Jessica (Jess??) and welcome to our madness ... it doesn't sound like it's quite as mad as yours is, but I guarantee we're all certifiable - well, we own Husky's (or are owned by them!)

Fostering the pups to be seeing eye dogs sounds like it could be an interesting challenge - but that prompts the question "You're fostering them to be seeing eye dogs, not training them??"

Ramble away, we all do that from time to time ... I have a bad habit of writing books in response to questions. I tend to give the situation as I see it, my experience with similar and then an answer ... so I write books.

If I can, without getting myself in more trouble, I think I'd like to walk into your house - one time for about 15 seconds ... I think I'd be scared (not the right word?) silly in about 10! Welcome aboard and plenty of pictures when you get the pup are going to be expected (and any other pictures you feel free to share - say the guy who doesn't even own a decent camera!)

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
JessicaR
Newborn
Newborn
JessicaR

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 9:19 pm

Jess is fine.

I say fostering, because while we do basic obedience and socializing, we don't do any formal training, the guide dog school does that. I have found in the past that when we have said we "train" them some interpret that as we do the actual guide dog training. We get them at 6 weeks old and send back when they are 1 year old. So in other words we get to deal with the best/worst part of dog ownership, as soon as they start to settle down somewhat from the puppy crazies they leave.
It has been a fun challenge though we have got to raise labs, golden retrievers, german shepherds, boxer, Dobermans and standard poodles.

I just got a new camera so I will definitely be taking lots of pictures.
Back to top Go down
Mark Grubbs
Teenager
Teenager
Mark Grubbs

Male Join date : 2016-01-10

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 10:41 pm

I was gonna say "Welcome aboard the crazy train", but it looks like you have not only been a passenger, but are a lifetime member! Lookin forward to seeing pics of ALL of your babies (except the turkeys Wink )
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 11:23 pm

hi, welcome to the forums. wow, that's a lot of babies of the non human type lol. cant wait to see pics of them. and welcome to the crazy wild world of huskies lol.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 8:58 am

I like the sentiment of Mark Hi welcome to the crazy train I see you have a membership pass to the train and it is in good standing HAHA

Also hi from Ohio I am down in the northern Cincy area!!!
Can not wait to see your pictures and the pup grow up!

JessicaR
Newborn
Newborn
JessicaR

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 9:22 am

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah I have been a part of the crazy train for a while now Laughing If you think I am crazy with all those animals, I can up the stakes and add a 16 month old human baby to the mix. Shocked So excuse any sleep deprived posts you may read!

Just remembered I forgot to add the 2 budgies and the betta fish to the list.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 11:21 am

Welcome to the forum. Quite the brood you have.

Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 11:23 am

Ah, tomorrow's the day! With all the animals and experience you have I don't think I have to ask if you're prepared. Your place sounds absolutely nuts, enjoyably so but maybe just a bit overstimulating for an old fogie like me.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
whitehusky3
Teenager
Teenager
whitehusky3

Female Join date : 2016-02-10

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyThu Mar 17, 2016 7:07 pm

Welcome to the forums! I think it's cool you help raise dogs for the blind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ohio

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-