It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2016 11:37 pm

^thats funny cuz it's something I never thought of but having had huskies my entire life, I guess it's just automatic to me...either trash cans are elevated, or behind doors, like the kitchen and bathrooms have trash cans inside the cabinets under the sinks, bedrooms are elevated.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 12:21 am

@Loganberry, your pup will be climbing stairs in no time and when your socks and underwear go missing you will know you now have a Stair Master Climber!

@Jessie and Jimmy, I guess whatever one has to do to baby proof a house can also be applied to doggy proofing a house too. The things we have to do to protect our pups from themselves!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2016 1:15 am

You know something Amanda, Anuschka's brother, Blitz, could watch something I did and then do it himself, opening doors, gates, refridgerator , even the oven! I had to install child locks on the cabinet doors in the kitchen and he got thru those too! I had to put chairs in front of the refridgerator, LOLOL , for sliding glass doors I had to install those pins that go thru the tracks and front door I had to remember to lock the deadbolt.
Back to top Go down
Jenah
Puppy
Puppy
Jenah

Female Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 12:12 am

So our Kai is an angel and doesn't steal anything. Our mako steals shoes, but doesn't chew them - he just takes out the insoles and sucks on them Shocked Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 8:34 pm

@Jenah, oh my.....hahha I'm giggling right now on the comment about Mako sucking on shoe insoles. That is so funny in an endearing kind of way.

@Jimmy, lol we could start a whole new thread based on Blitz's antics! "Houdini's Neverending Acts: What naughty tricks did your husky pick up?" I'd be going nuts if Red got into everything she wasn't supposed to. Red does know how to open latch doors and she's constantly opening our bedroom and office doors when she REALLY wants to get to the other side.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 9:22 pm

This is an odd topic to me; Sasha has never nibbled on anything she shouldn't (except me when we were dealing with her severe food possessiveness) Even though her favourite nap site is in the door way to the kitchen, directly beside her bag of dog food, she's never gotten into it. My trash bag (old dog food bag) is on her other side and she's never gotten into it either.

Avalanche and I had a couple of discussions when he, literally, ate the crotch out of two pairs of blue jeans. Now the worst he does is to pick up my sandals and move them around, I haven't seen teeth marks so I don't think he's chewing.

I do have to be careful when he's inside and I have the front door cracked because he will slide it open so he can go run.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 2:53 am

redlattinville wrote:
@Jenah, oh my.....hahha I'm giggling right now on the comment about Mako sucking on shoe insoles. That is so funny in an endearing kind of way.

@Jimmy, lol we could start a whole new thread based on Blitz's antics! "Houdini's Neverending Acts: What naughty tricks did your husky pick up?" I'd be going nuts if Red got into everything she wasn't supposed to. Red does know how to open latch doors and she's constantly opening our bedroom and office doors when she REALLY wants to get to the other side.

Blitz had extenuating circumstances Amanda, he was on meds for his seizures, and he had Anuschka instigating. With his meds, it seemed he was always extremely hungry, so that's where things like the refridgerator and kitchen cabinets came into play...then he had Anuschka, lol, to instigate the madness and then reap it's rewards Wink they were quite the team, hahaha. To actually visually see him do things like opening the oven were pretty impressive to just how intelligent these dogs really are.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:34 pm

aljones wrote:
Avalanche and I had a couple of discussions when he, literally, ate the crotch out of two pairs of blue jeans.

@Al, Hope those were not designer jeans! If the hem was a little chewed up then you could have still managed to salvage them as shorts but I cannot seen any miracles happening with the missing crotch. lol!

@Jimmy, awww..poor Blitz No but at least he knew how to make the most out of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Jenah
Puppy
Puppy
Jenah

Female Join date : 2016-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 8:31 am

Well I guess I spoke too soon. Mako has now joined the ranks of the sock bandits Neutral I've been noticing single socks on the bedroom floor and today located his stash behind the couch. Now to train the husband to actually use the laundry bin.
Back to top Go down
gretalutsen
Teenager
Teenager
gretalutsen

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:49 am

It's been awhile since I check into this forum! Busy with wedding shenanigans...anywho...Lutsen is a complete treasure HOARDER! Seriously...the previous owners of the house apparently left a lot of things near our playhouse/shed in our back yard that we never noticed because they were under some brush...well Lutsen has found a gnome, a toy shovel, a sock??? yes a SOCK underneath the play house...also we have been conditioning him out best not to dig thanks to the help of previous discussion boards on this forum! I am super surprised he hasn't tried to take anything and bury it. So i guess he doesn't really "steal" anything from us...but every day when we go outside...there's a new treasure he's found that we have to pick up...he's our GOONIE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?   Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bandits and Thieves: What do they steal from you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2