It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from Iowa!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
strawberry27
Newborn
Newborn
strawberry27

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello!

Two weeks ago we brought home an 8-week-old wooly husky. We already have a Boston terrier and a Collie, so it has been quite a journey already watching everyone slowly get used to each other.

Luca is 10 weeks old today and he is hands down the smartest dog I think we have ever had! He does fantastic in his crate at night, seldom has accidents, goes to the door when he needs to go out and is doing a pretty good job sitting! I am very glad that I came across this forum because I feel like I have a lot to learn about this breed because he is unlike any dog I have ever had! I am pretty sure that you can see the wheels turning in his little brain every time he looks at you!

I have lots of questions about his exercise requirements as he grows!

Jenny

Hello from Iowa! 93659016
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 1:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Jenny!! Ask away, they are a wonderful breed, and indeed different than most breeds. They will steal your heart and also be like a potato chip, you will not be able to stop at one, haha....
Back to top Go down
strawberry27
Newborn
Newborn
strawberry27

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 1:54 pm

I believe it! I just finished reading so you think you want a husky and laughed all the way through it. We have had this guy two weeks and I can see so much of that already. I call him a Tasmanian devil toddler with sharp teeth and a brain like Einstein. One of the posts I read said calculating and that is the exact word that my husband and I use daily with Luca. I'm not sure if there is a moment during the day he's not trying to figure something out. A barrier isn't a barrier to him, it's challenge for him to figure out how to get around, over, or under. He figured out in just days of being here that when we took him out to go potty if he ran around to the front door of our house, that was the entrance into the off limits living room.

I'm exhausted and I am fairly certain he's part kangaroo, but oh my gosh I love him to pieces already. We had someone stop us the other day and tell us they would give us $100,000 for him (I'm sure they were kidding), but not in a million years would I give him up! lol
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 1:58 pm

Calculating, lol, I swear they are smarter than many humans.....I love your avatar....Nothing better than a young lady and a husky puppy!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mark Grubbs
Teenager
Teenager
Mark Grubbs

Male Join date : 2016-01-10

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Welcome to the club! Take lots and lots of pictures. They grow so fast.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptySat Mar 26, 2016 7:39 pm

OH wow, he is cute as can be! Smile welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 9:10 pm

Welcome to the forum! He's so fluffy, like a snowball. He'll be a great smuggler for sure. Laughing
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 10:46 am

Welcome to the forum. He's adorable.

Puppy
Puppy
Jenah

Female Join date : 2016-03-30

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 8:00 pm

So fluffy & adorable!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:01 pm

hi, welcome to the forums beautiful fur baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Iowa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Iowa!   Hello from Iowa! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Iowa!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1