It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Swollen jaw

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jspec0482
Puppy
Puppy
jspec0482

Female Join date : 2016-02-13

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 10:28 pm

So I posted earlier that Alpha had been stung by a bee in his scrapbook, well today my fiancé came home to check on him and he had vomited in his crate, didn't think much of it because he was still eating and drinking. When I came home I noticed his face was still puffy, gave him some more Benadryl and went about my daily stuff. A few minutes ago Alpha was sitting with me and I rubbed his head and noticed the knot on his jaw was super hard, it had started out really squishy. I looked in his mouth and he has a really deep cut inside his cheek, maybe 1/2 in deep and about an inch long. I honestly don't know how he's been eating, I'm not sure if the vomiting is related. Taking him to the vet first thing in the morning. I can't believe I missed it though, I saw his puffy face and immediately dismissed it as a bee sting. I feel terrible.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 11:56 pm

I hope Alpha gets better soon...keep us posted on how it goes.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 12:55 am

Jessica, can't remember how old Alpha is but maybe his baby teeth are causing a problem, get him checked out and let us know how he is doing, poor baby.
Back to top Go down
jspec0482
Puppy
Puppy
jspec0482

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:21 am

I'll let you all know how it goes. I just feel so bad for dismissing it as nbd.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:33 am

Don't beat yourself up too bad. I probably would have suspected bee sting too with a puffy face and the time of year it is. Hope they get him fixed up.

Puppy
Puppy
jspec0482

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Sorry all. Had to go into work after he went to the vet. He has an infection, the vet said it looked like he bit down on a stick or something and it cut his jaw. He had a mild fever associated with it, but the vet gave him some antibiotics and said it should go down in a few days, otherwise he looks healthy.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 9:36 pm

So glad it's nothing too serious! dont beat yourself up either, I think every single one of us have been there. I have stories upon stories of my life with huskies! Fortunately they all turned out ok Wink
Back to top Go down
jspec0482
Puppy
Puppy
jspec0482

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Thank you! Hopefully this knocks it out and he'll be back to normal soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swollen jaw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen jaw   Swollen jaw Empty

Back to top Go down

Swollen jaw

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1