It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Forum Design and Layout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Forum Design and Layout Empty
PostSubject: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptyThu May 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Hello everyone and welcome! I'm Tori and am in charge of everything you see here in terms of design and layout of this forum. Please feel free to start a thread and suggest any design elements you'd like to see changed Smile If you are unsure of what I mean, here are some questions to get you thinking:

-How are the colors on the forum? Are you having trouble viewing text because of the colors?
-Are there any elements that you really like or would like to see added? (Chatbox, etc)
-Are you confused on what something is or what it is used for?

I'm here to try and address any of your forum needs, so please don't hesitate to ask!

Once again, welcome!! Happy posting!

~Tori

Last edited by Koda on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update to delete outdated information)
Back to top Go down
myhusky
Newborn
Newborn
myhusky

Male Join date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:54 pm

I was wondering why there isn't any mention of Twitter anywhere in the forum? I mean there is all of the older mediums in the profile sections (msn, yahoo, etc) but nowhere for a Twitter handle. Do folks round here even use Twitter?
Back to top Go down
http://myhusky.com.au
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Not sure if it's possible but it would be nice to have it compatible with the mobile app Tap-a-Talk so it could easily be read from a mobile device.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:44 pm

myhusky wrote:
I was wondering why there isn't any mention of Twitter anywhere in the forum? I mean there is all of the older mediums in the profile sections (msn, yahoo, etc) but nowhere for a Twitter handle. Do folks round here even use Twitter?
I can look into that, but personally I don't use Twitter and I don't particularly understand it Razz Listen to me, I'm only 27 and I sound like I'm 72 Razz

ETA: Contact field added Very Happy

Lordbroll wrote:
Not sure if it's possible but it would be nice to have it compatible with the mobile app Tap-a-Talk so it could easily be read from a mobile device.
Unfortunately, this is not possible with this particular forum host Sad

Forum Design and Layout Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
myhusky
Newborn
Newborn
myhusky

Male Join date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Haha that's what I use to be like, but after working in a studio for a year where everybody else are complete Twitter freaks I kind of got use to it.

I can really see the benefits in it now though. It's very useful. Just don't tweet about what you happen to be eating and we'll be fine. Hate people that do that.
Back to top Go down
http://myhusky.com.au
lizzyduhh
Puppy
Puppy
lizzyduhh

Female Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: spell check?   Forum Design and Layout EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:21 pm

everything is great but maybe a spelling/grammar checker in the post fields.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:45 pm

lizzyduhh wrote:
everything is great but maybe a spelling/grammar checker in the post fields.

Most web browsers are equipped with spell check in real time (much like in Microsoft Word.) I use Google Chrome and it has such a capability.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
eluke81
Puppy
Puppy
eluke81

Female Join date : 2012-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:07 am

is it possible to have the multi page blogs start from page 1 at the top - instead of having to go to the bottom of the page and seeing if there are more than 1 page so you can start at the beginning of the topic? or can I set it up this way, I may be using it wrong Smile my first blog experience sorry Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:37 am

Clicking on the latest topic threads will take you to the newest post that you've read. However, if you go to each forum and click on the title of the thread instead of the little page button, you will start at the first post of the first page.

Forum Design and Layout Hailey10
Back to top Go down
SiberianKaia
Newborn
Newborn
SiberianKaia

Female Join date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:18 am

Thanks Tori for putting this forum together and all your hardwork and others to make it what it is and keep it going!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Design and Layout   Forum Design and Layout Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Design and Layout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1