It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Desert Pack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

The Desert Pack - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 3:12 pm

Lostmaniac wrote:
So thats what that term means on my mri report.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 3:19 pm

They tried to explain it at one point but i made them stop because it was depressing. I stopped reading at degenerative foresomething and spinal stenosis. And before that was degenerative disc and degenerative spine. I understood enough that my spine is disolving and my spinal canal is filled with bone spurs and stuff. Didnt need to look up the rest, didnt want more bad deprrssing news
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 3:38 pm

Lostmaniac wrote:
They tried to explain it at one point but i made them stop because it was depressing. I stopped reading at degenerative foresomething and spinal stenosis. And before that was degenerative disc and degenerative spine. I understood enough that my spine is disolving and my spinal canal is filled with bone spurs and stuff. Didnt need to look up the rest, didnt want more bad deprrssing news

Sounds like the MRI on my spine. Lumbar and neck in particular. Especially my neck. Totally trashed. One of the reasons I stopped skiing. Wouldn't take much to paralyze me.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 4:29 pm

@Amymeme after doing some looking, I don't think so. Ascites seems to be apparent from a distended stomach and she still tends to have her "girlish figure" Okay, maybe not so girlish as it once was but definitely not distended.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 4:42 pm

@aljones phew. Cause that would not be a good sign. Doors she whine only in the evening, after dark?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyThu May 13, 2021 5:06 pm

Nope, there a couple of times I can definitely point to that she'll whine.  When we have a front come through and a significant pressure change (my wrist hurts where I broke it years ago) then when she has to lay down or set she'll whine.  She may whine setting / laying at other times but with a weather change it's significant.

She'll also whine when she wants something - like with three cats and three dogs the water bowl sometimes goes empty without me seeing it - then she'll stand over the bowl and whine.

Any of those can / do happen day or night.

ETA:  It's 17:40 and dinner time is 18:00 she's begun to whine but after she's fed she's happy and quiet again.

EATA: Either she's have another good day or the Galiprant I gave her this AM does work as well as everything I've read says it does. She's been trying to eat a cat (in play) and went down the steps like they were the norm (the ramp has become the norm)
She's still sleeping a lot but when she's up and awake she's definitely more active. More tomorrow ....

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 9:48 am

Wow thats amazing
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Fingers crossed the galiprant does the trick.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 8:09 pm

I'm liking it so far. She's alert and around - and since I'm just past 18:00 she's wondering where supper is...

We've been out for three / four walks today and she's wanting to go a bit further than she has so, so far, it looks like it's good for her. Of course I looked at side effects first and those aren't bad - mosty gastrointestinal upset and I haven't seen any indication of that.

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:16 am

It's amazing what meds can do when you find the one (or combination) that works for your dog. Glad she is having some good days.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 11:43 am

Nice to hear good news with Sasha🥰. We had major zoomies here today and yesterday, up and down on the bed... Really not convinced my guys need meds other than Dasuquin for now.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 11:56 am

Silly dog has more meds than a lot of people I know!  Just realized that the Amoxicillin was supposed to be twice a day ... argh! Think I need to get a pair of those pills by the day things.

Funny - well, sad funny - when she was looking like it was time to make the call I had a friend bring his trackhoe over and dig me a hole in my back yard ... about 18" down the dirt becomes compacted and is virtually impossible to dig by hand.  So now I have a dog who's getting along reasonably well and an unneeded 4' hole ... glad I haven't had anything fall in ...

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 1:28 pm

When we thought we were going to put prince down we dug a big hole. He was big even by thoroughbred standards. Prince lived 3 more years. In the interim the hole filled with water and several possums and raccoons drowned in it. There was also the issue that 2 of my cousins threw their sister in the hole. Luckily it was dry. We fenced it and covered it in chicken wire after that.

Those pill containers are the only way to keep track of the 100 things jerry is on. Before those he was either missing doses or taking doses twice.

So glad sasha is doing better
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 10:28 am

I carry all my pet expenses out of pocket but with the cost of Galiprant being something like $200 a month I took a look at pet insurance again.  The least expensive plan that would cover all 3 dogs is around $250 a month or $3000 a year with a 5% discount for annual payment.

Since I live on SocSec this is beyond impossible to manage.  How do people afford insurance like that??  Any incurance any of you all would recommend??

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 10:35 am

Not with the meds but we found kirtland air force base offers free vet care to veterans. I know abq is kinda far but maybe a closer one? And ive never done it with pet meds but i called one pharm company on my grandpas behalf because the va would not cover something and pulled the veteran on social security and started to get it directly from them for $22 a month. I will look later and see if any if the online pet pharms offer either military or age related discounts. One of those things they probably have bit you have to really look for.

Just curious how far is walmart? They do pet meds and yoh can use goodrx on them there.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 10:37 am

https://members.veteransadvantage.com/1800petmedscom. This is for 20% off once you enroll.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyWed May 19, 2021 10:41 am

https://shop.id.me/categories/pets

The va uses id.me now for the online features so you might even have an id.me account already.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptySat May 22, 2021 10:18 am

Lostmaniac wrote:
https://members.veteransadvantage.com/1800petmedscom. This is for 20% off once you enroll.

Let's start with this one:
I've never known about VeteransAdvantage but my newly made account was suspended immediately upon activation. Weird! Oh, if I sign up for a full year then they'll unsuspend my account. So basically it's a bait and switch - don't know how good any of their options might be because this type of operation irritate the hell out of me.

And ... there is no discount on 1800petmeds on prescription drugs - it's a legal requirement, they say, that prescription drugs be sold at full price. (Why else would I be going to 1800petmeds?)

I'm sorry, I know you're trying to help but that was a frustrating experience ...

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptySat May 22, 2021 10:59 am

Lostmaniac wrote:
https://shop.id.me/categories/pets

The va uses id.me now for the online features so you might even have an id.me account already.

Yep, I have an ID.me account since it does make life with the VA easier.

To shop ... well, I've been looking at replacing an older HP laptop. So going through the shop.id.me site I find a HP Laptop 17-by4097nr for 799. Googling the same device shows the same price. ???
In chat with HP store now who will give me a 5% discount on select devices after I join their HP reward program... not sure if there's a charge attached to that or not. That actually brought the price down to 733 which isn't bad for that little box. But I'm not sure I want to spend the money right now...

I've given up on the "benefits" of the VA canteen ... anything I've ever found there I can find for significantly cheaper on the web.

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptySat May 22, 2021 11:24 am

Lostmaniac wrote:

Just curious how far is walmart? They do pet meds and yoh can use goodrx on them there.

The nearest Wal-Mart is in Ft Stockton. Let' see 80 miles from Terlingua to Alpine and 78 miles from Alpine to Ft Stockton - call it 150 miles. Needless to say I don't shop in the cinder-block store unless I'm in FS.
I do order quite a bit from WalMart.com - but not as much now since Amazon will take by EBT (food stamp) card and WalMart requires you to go to the store to use EBT.

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptySat May 22, 2021 12:51 pm

Best buy will price match Amazon. But if there is a significant price difference and you can get 3 months at a time might be worth the drive every 3 months.

Some of the stuff through id.me is worth getting through them. The cbd company I use has 50% off with id.me and my yeti cooler was 25% off with free shipping.

Here there is a Walmart every 100 miles or so. Walmart also offers mailing rxs not sure about pet ones though
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptySat May 22, 2021 12:56 pm

https://www.walmartpetrx.com/p-8055-galliprant-grapiprant-flavored-tablets.aspx?SearchTerm=Galli+Auto

https://m.goodrx.com/galliprant?sort_type=popularity

So the 2nd one the good rx link shows it as 80 a month through 2 different online pet pharmacies
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:26 pm

Some days are good days and some days suck! (( and I bet Sasha feels about the same! ))

This AM she wasn't even really interested in 'breakfast' didn't do much but sleep in till after noon. Then we've played "in 'n out" all afternoon (which is better than the alternative, yes!?)

Now, this evening she's being a pain in the butt as far as the other two are concerned. She's picking on the cats and Sky (knows better than to pick on Avalanche, he just looks at her and walks off) so she's obviously feeling okay ... compared with this AM ...

Who the hell knows!!!??????

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:09 am

Sounds like your describing me sometimes. But seriously we have days where shadow can barely get up and then we have days where shadow plays and acts all goofy and like nothing is wrong. Also 3 times he has fallen asleep with his tongue slightly out of his mouth, where I couldn't see him breathing, and thought he died.

I just chalk it up to old age. Sometimes you feel great and other times you don't. Me personally it seems to be barometric pressure changes. No clue with shadow.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 11:34 am

@LostManiac Are you a member of veteransadvantage?  I checked back in today and after a phone call I was allowed to see the discounts offered by some of their partners.  
Motel6 has a standard 10% discount for over 65 / veteran and, depending on the particular motel, either a 10 or 15% discount for my CDL. No advantage there with their 10% discount.
Most of the 'discounts' are the standard "spend $50 get free shipping" type of offering.
To get the next step up they want me to:
1) Send them a copy of my DD214 (not bloody likely, I'll send it to VA and related but not some off the cuff civilian group!)
2) Take their $4.95 "free"30 day trial with an automatic upgrade to $???.?? (they don't seem to say) per year at the end of the trial.

I am not impressed by these folks ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Desert Pack   The Desert Pack - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Desert Pack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next