It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) Empty
PostSubject: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Here are a few of us from Texas - as you can see, we're scattered from all over the place.  I just ran out of coffee as I was putting the list together so I know here are more of us.  You can, of course, send a PM to someone who's in your area.  I Tagged everyone so that we might get a little more conversation from the Texas crowd.  Maybe we need to start a thread just for Texans and the things we do.
If I left anyone out (and I know I did) it wasn't intentional, I just pulled from a search for Texas.

@Aryagirl - Corpus Christi
@LillDragun - Corpus Chriti / San Antonio
@Tiff&Kya - Corpus Christi

@Steph - Houston area
@DaveCerv - SE Houston
@JennyM - Houston
@meemster414 - Houston
@VintageJeans - Houston
@sarahcatharina - Katy
@samandwolf - Houston

@WhiteWolf37 - Brookshire

@capblossoms - Abilene
@HarrisCMS - Abilene area

@Knichtus - Dallas
@Cauterox4 - Dallas
@Karu4Link - Ft Worth
@ZEUSnZENAsMom - Dallas

@CRAFTYSPROUTS - San Antonio
@dianasaur - San Antonio

@acBrown - Groves
@Angelique -Texas
@Beck3465 - Southeast Texas
@HuskyCowgirl08 - Texas
@karen124 - Hamshire
@Kavik_the_Havoc - Texas
@Kiyonai - Texas
@KoopaKrazy - east Texas
@lilbritty23 -McKinney
@Madison Clary - Texas
@MiyasMomma - west Texas - but not West, Texas
@mtmoser - Texas
@NewHuskyOwner88 - Lubbock
@phoenix.solis - Brownwood
@plpinkinsa - south Texas
@Sydney_rain - Hamilton
@shaina&indy - Beaumont
@thlewis - Texas
@Kiyonai - east Texas
@Lizzy23 - Brownsville
@MetalMama - El Paso

and me @aljones - down in the *real* desert of the Big Bend area - Terlingua.

I realize that DFW has a bunch of named suburbs but I don't know what they are so they're probably in the end where it's "just Texas"

I pulled these user names from different messages.  People have asked about a meet-up in Texas and while getting us all together just isn't feasible, maybe by using this you can find someone closer to you.

If you've been missed and you're in Texas, drop me a note and I'll update this list. //al

ETA:  I've updated this. Rocio there is a Husky in El Paso but it's been a whle since they were active. I'm hoping that people have left the "Send email for notifications" checked, I'd like to see more of these folks come back and chat.  Stopped when I was running into mostly duplicates ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .

Last edited by aljones on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 4:09 pm

Ah, it's too bad there's no one in El Paso or nearby. I'm less than 1hr away and it'd be nice to have playdates with fellow people from the forum.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 5:48 pm

I updated this and there is one person in el Paso ...

Yes, I have way too much time one my hands!!

Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 10:06 am

Just barely seeing this reply today, but I actually remember her! Unfortunately I don't think she's been active on the forum in quite a while.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 11:37 am

I know, several of the folks I added to the list haven't been on in forever. I'm hoping that they have themselves set up to receive an email when they're tagged. Just trying to see if I can get some of us Texans together and maybe get some of the older users to bring their expertise back to us.

Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Hopefully a couple decide to come back!
Back to top Go down
meemster414
Puppy
Puppy
meemster414

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Oooh I'm in Houston!!!

Thank you so much for putting this list together!
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Great list! A Houston meet-up would be a joy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
meemster414
Puppy
Puppy
meemster414

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 6:22 pm

davecerv wrote:
Great list! A Houston meet-up would be a joy  

I think a Houston meet-up would be awesome! We need to figure out which area we're all in and where a good place to meet up would be Smile I'm in North Houston!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 6:25 pm

<< teasing >> Meemster, North Houston = Spring; Davecerv, SW Houston = NASA area === oh, about 100 miles more or less ...

(( and I really have no idea where the two of you are, just playing with the size of Houston .... ))

Back to top Go down
meemster414
Puppy
Puppy
meemster414

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 6:30 pm

LOL If I leave now, we can have a meetup this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)   Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11) Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas Husky Meet-ups (updated 10/11)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1