It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Looking into adding another...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Looking into adding another... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 8:33 pm

That's...kinda messed up. I can understand accepting applications up until she's been adopted, but being first in line, and the meet going well, AND you decided you want her, that should be it. I mean, what criteria are they going to use to decide? Who the husky looks happier with? Anything else you already *passed* by having your application approved. Just doesn't seem right. Well, all I can say is good luck to you! Glad your meet went well! Did Wolf go with you?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 8:58 pm

I can't say anything other than what Jimmy said - that's *really* messed up!  

<sarcasm>I suppose if you'd already paid the adoption fee that they'd put that in escrow until they decided who the better owner would be</sarcasm>

I'm afraid that i'd be real inclined to take my business to another shelter and there are a few shelters in Iowa who have Huskies.

Noto bene all: that RescueShelter link is new to me but it's put together by the same fellow who put the RescueMe.org pages together.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

Male Join date : 2014-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Yep, Wolf came along. They were great together! I'll have to post some pictures when I get home. She's definitely a puppy. I'm thinking more like 10 months rather than a year or year and a half.  Just by her demeanor and her "floppyness". Well I guess wolf acts like a big puppy still, but she's crazy! Very Happy  A great match for Wolf.

Apparently they don't go by first in line if approved applicants..  I hope I didn't hurt my chances by voicing my frustrations (though I was very polite). Im am going to keep my eye out at others in Iowa. However, it's not her fault, and I don't want to deny her a loving home because of the people at the rescue. Whether it goes my way or not, after their decision I'm going to let them know what I think of their practices.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 12:31 am

Nice! Can't wait to see the pics! Smile

i had another entire paragraph typed regarding their practices, but deleted it, I doubt anything I wrote is something you havnt already thought of, so again, good luck to you, I REALLY hope they choose you and Wolf. She sounds awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 1:55 pm

I'm going to be like bounce bounce all week!

Looking into adding another... - Page 2 Img_1210
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 1:57 pm

Does this mean you got her?!!?
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 pm

I really want her, but I fave to wait for the rescue to decide if I get her. (Details above). I'm ready to write a check.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 2:08 pm

Poop - yeah, I saw the details earlier. I just hoped that they had chosen you. I suspect you have a very good chance since you already have one husky. Siberians really do well with a similar tempered play mate.

My son go the run around from a rescue before he got Archer. Really pissed me off. The way things went, I've often thought that the "rescue" was really using non-profit status to pay the bills for dogs supposedly in foster that were more permanent foster.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Awww, you gotta get her, you guys look awesome together! They look like they could be brother and sister Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 9:42 pm

I really want her!  But this rescue is acting like she's up for adoption. At this rate they'll never get to make a decision because people will keep applying! Looking into adding another... - Page 2 1625187496 (sarcasm) This whole waiting thing is killing me
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Mixed comments here, so don't feel offended, please - well, she is up for adoption, isn't she?

And mate, you have a lot more patience that I would have. I think I recall you saying that you were the first to put in an app for her. I'd be real inclined to (try to politely) give them an ultimatum - basically "I want her, but even more I want you to make a decision so she has a home to go to!"

I don't understand these rescues who want the best for the dog to the point that they never let a dog go ... sorry, that makes no sense to me!

Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Al, no offense taken at all. I reread what I posted and could have been more specific Smile What I meant to say was they act like there are no [i]pending[i] adoptions or applications. It would make more sense to me to stop accepting applicants at this time. Like you said, it's like they're in a vicious cycle where they'll never let the dog go! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 11:45 pm

I have to agree. After your application being accepted, the meet going well, all that should have been left to do is saying the words "I want her" and writing out the check. It'd be different if you said "ok, let me go home and think about it" but that's not what happened. The other application that's there, should allow the woman to be next in line for a possible husky in the future, this one should be yours. But that's why I ended up deleting 90% of the post above, cuz no matter what we think, or agree on, it doesn't change the way this rescue handles things , it is what it is (and I hate that phrase, lol) so I'll just concentrate on putting positive energy and thoughts into you getting this lil girl Wink (remind me to get the name of this rescue so it doesn't go in the drawing for the winner of iaht's calendar bonus check Wink )
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am

I think that they're also enjoying their little power trip, basically saying "we get to decide who's allowed to adopt". Well, make that clear in the policies that it's not first approved first served. I'll post the name when they make their decision. Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Dude, I was joking, you don't need to post the name, hahaha. So what's the timeline, today was her spay, when does applicant no.2 meet her?
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 8:49 pm

Well I was told I would know by next Monday at the latest. Her spay isn't until November 9th. Apparently they met with one couple, but decided that a Husky was not the right fit for their home. However apparently they are meeting with another sometime this week. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Graham,. maybe you need to see if you can educate these folks about Huskies.  Like, they do best when there are two of them (but I won't suggest that more is better); you have the experience with a Husky so that, in my book, makes you the logical candidate.

And what's going to happen if one of these other people decide that she's right for them, are they just going to blow you off??

And ... contrary to Jimmy, when you're comfortable, I'd like to know who they are so that we can steer people AWAY from them in the future, they're doing no one any real favours the way they're vetting people.

Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 9:23 pm

OH wow, in my own head, I guess I made up that she was getting spayed on Tuesday! LOLOL, wth.

Aw man, so they keep getting applications Sad dang it! I think it still looks good for you though, I think people get taken in by the look of huskies, but then see how active they are and say, meh, not for me, haha. I just came from the vet where I got a phsycho analysis (is that the right term?) of Kohdi, from the receptionist lady while Mishka was in back, apparently Kohdi thinks he's royalty and must be the center of attention Razz , and when he doesn't get it, he demands it, LOLOL. I'm telling you this cuz it's quite possible when applicants go visit your little girl, they may phsycho analyze her and figure out she really belongs with someone else, someone like you and Wolf Smile
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Well, I just heard this morning...She'll be coming home with me in a couple weeks! bounce More details to come.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 12:44 pm

A couple of weeks?!?!?! Oh, I see her spay isn't till Nov 9th ...

She's a good looking girl, Graham; they make quite a pair! Congratulations!!

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 12:48 pm

I'm so happpy for you! And even more so for the pups - she gets a home with a companion and Wolf gets a sibling bounce bounce bounce

Now the hard part...waiting...
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Yes!!! Congratulations!!! Wolf is gonna love having a sister.
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 2:15 pm

I'm pretty excited. Waiting to pick her up is easy. The waiting to learn if I even got her was the hard part. Wolf is still intact, otherwise I'd have her spayed locally and get her sooner.
Back to top Go down
DarkDiamond
Teenager
Teenager
DarkDiamond

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 1:42 am

Introducing Ziva! She's doing very well.  Needs to learn a few manners, and gets a little rough sometimes.  Other than that, She and Wolf are getting along great.  I'm slowly discovering what tricks she knows. By accident, I discovered that she can roll over! LOL.  The Foster didn't know she could do that.  I think she'll adjust very quickly.  She's probably a little overwhelmed, as am I!

Looking into adding another... - Page 2 Ziva_c10
Looking into adding another... - Page 2 Ziva_s10
Looking into adding another... - Page 2 Wolf_a10
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2016 2:06 am

Beautiful little girl there ... but that doesn't look "overwhelmed" to me << laughing >>

I do not understand why some vets seem to have to take off a yard of hair to find a vein; most of my dogs have had a patch about 1.5 inches square shaved .... weirdness, but at least it grows back fairly quickly.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking into adding another...   Looking into adding another... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking into adding another...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next