It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 11:33 pm

I'm gonna change my thoughts on wooly with the new pics. He appears to have some ear tufting and the beginnings of possible leg feathers. He may well become a wooly. Or, maybe just poufier like jimmys pups.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 6:21 pm

its hard to tell if he is red his nose look very dark. if the dad had any rust marks on his coat then it could mean that he is a light red with a longer plush coat. my pay is also on the large size well more over sided as far as huskies go. he is 72lbs and 26 1/2 inches tall and both parents are pure Siberians.

his friend the Samoyed; he is the red husky in the pic.
12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 Leo_y106
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Wow, Ronin - I had no idea Leo was that big! He's the same size as Ami!
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 12:09 am

Hey everyone I have a friend who has to get rid of his 4 year old red and I was going to see what everyone thought about me introducing Sampson to the 4 year old. Is it a good idea to keep the older dog if the two get a long or what should I do because I don't want my friend to have to put down his dog
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 12:24 am

I think what I'd do, personally, is to introduce them and see how *that* goes. You're 22, in school (if I'm reading that right) and adding an adult might be more of a hassle than not. If they get along, I'd think in terms of 'fostering' him. Of course if he 'fits' then that's another kettle of fish - you just might have a young old dog and an older new dog .... good luck.

I looked at BAC.edu (given in an earlier message) are you a seminarian there? And that's just nosy curiosity that you can ignore if you want.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 12:30 am

Haha nope I actually graduated last may working part time jobs because I live in my grandparents old house for free by myself. Great fenced in backyard and a perfect walking neighborhood. The abbey is a great college and I enjoyed my 4 years there. Yes the friend said that if it starts to go south between the two dogs that he would take him back. The older dog knows commands and is house broken. What would you do in this situation?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 12:40 am

If the choice is to put him down or for you to adopt / foster him then there's no question as long as the two get along.

The thing is, with a red, if you foster him and then put him up for adoption you're going to have people of all ilk beating a path to your door. People who like sibes are going to go bonkers for the chance to have a red and that may be a problem all its own. Both the number of people who would be interested and then vetting the ones that look good to you. Maybe you'd just be better off just keeping him .... Smile

Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 12:45 am

So you say try it and keep if it goes well ?
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 1:04 am

Two dogs are not double the expense of one. But yes, in your shoes, if all goes well I'd seriously keep him - but who am I to talk, I have three.

Back to top Go down
Cbridges36
Newborn
Newborn
Cbridges36

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 1:08 am

Sent you an email of the other dog says he weighs around 50-55lbs according to my buddy. Let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat    12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

12 Week old Husky Puppy Coat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2