It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New Husky Mom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura Artois
Newborn
Newborn
Laura Artois

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 4:00 am

Evening everybody, I am new here and after putting down our beautiful golden retriever almost 2 years ago, we adopted two huskies. They are 2 sisters and they've only been home for 2 days and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I feel like a horrible parent as I haven't even had a chance to name them but I will definitely do so very soon. I was only planning on adopting one but I did not want to separate them from each other. I have a little experience with this breed as I had a brother who had two of his own but they have passed away for some time now. I am here to refresh my memory and know what it's like to be a brand new mommy again. New Husky Mom Img_0710
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Laura and welcome to the Husky Madness!!  Ooooo, two at one time - you are a glutton for punishment, aren't' you?? Smile

From your picture, they aren't little puppies but they aren't adults either, how old are they?  They make a beautiful pair, and I wouldn't have wanted to separate them either.

I sorta had to laugh at "haven't even had a chance to name them", you're not alone there.  I've always either kept the name the dog had or let them name themselves by something they do.  My last lab was just a great companion but I couldn't come up with a name that worked.  An Indian friend at the local convenience store kept talking about her as "Kalah" which she responded to, so she became Kalah - which is Hindi for black - he was calling her, of all things, "blackie".  Don't worry about it, they'l come to food and you'll come up with a name for them eventually.  My names for my two cats are still "the black cat" and "the white cat" ... what can I say.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Welcome to the forum. I don't envy you tackling two puppies. Two husky puppies no less.

I find that dogs name themselves if you give them time to.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Welcome... those are two very cute pups you have! Really? Do you think you'll be able to part with one of them... that would tough for me. Good luck with them... you're in for the ride of your life Smile
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Two adorable little pups, congrats and welcome to the forum. It's awesome that they got to stay together Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark Grubbs
Teenager
Teenager
Mark Grubbs

Male Join date : 2016-01-10

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 11:57 am

Welcome aboard! 2 Huskies? Oh boy, I hope you are ready for a wild ride! Cruise about the forums and read away, and if you have any questions, you have a whole bunch of experience floating around here. Ask away!
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 4:16 pm

beautiful girls, its so cool that they got to stay together. 2 huskies at one time its going to be a very crazy roller coaster.
welcome aboard, the place has amazing fur baby experienced people. Smile
Back to top Go down
GenaG
Puppy
Puppy
GenaG

Female Join date : 2012-02-09

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 10:34 pm

They are beautiful. You are going to have so much fun with them. Just remember to out stubborn your huskies. That is my useful tip to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Husky Mom Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Husky Mom   New Husky Mom Empty

Back to top Go down

New Husky Mom

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1