It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... Empty
PostSubject: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 7:02 pm

While posting the latest recall, I happened to notice this link.

I know that Chewy is a large retailer and PetSmart is as well. I have done business with a couple of PetSmart's in the past and have considered them to be 'okay' - I seriously love the way Chewy does business.

There's no definitive date for the acquisition<?> just "by the end of PetSmart’s second fiscal quarter of 2017."

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 1:12 am

From what I've heard one of Chewy's CEOs is staying on and they claim that they aren't changing anything. /shrugs

I've used Chewy once or twice for stuff for the gift exchange and Christmas but not regularly. I buy my dog food from a local business.

TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am

I buy the flea and tick meds from them as well as my happy hips and most of my dog treats anymore since the selection of chicken free is so low around here. I haven't been to a petsmart in 4 years (where I got kenzi), we have a petco, so I don't know how I feel about this. I think I mostly worry about selection changing. If petsmart is anything like Petco it seems they carry one thing for a while and then change it for something else so you can't really rely on them to carry something you really want indefinitely unless it's from a big brand like Blue or Purina. If anything does change I should undoubtedly notice it. I purchase around once a month or so.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 4:53 pm

Not happy about this. Not one little bit! If things change, I'll go back to b tractor supply, Foster and Smith and pets megastore in Australia. Harrumph Sad
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 4:56 pm

It's funny you mentioned drfoster smiths Amy, they have been running free shipping on $29 or more the last few months, and I have heard they were bought out by someone as well, I want to say Petco but I believe I would be wrong, read it last night somewhere, lol, so I do know they have been bought out as well. Unsure on my buying thru them, I am like Jenn I get my happy hips, and flea meds thru Chewy, I can't buy happy hips locally, so I have to order online for them.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:05 pm

It's interesting that you mention Drs Foster & Smith, you're right, they were bought by Petco - in turn they were:
Quote :
The company (Petco) was founded in 1965 as a mail-order business selling veterinary supplies. The company was acquired in 2000 by Leonard Green & Partners and TPG Capital. In November 2015, CVC Capital Partners and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board agreed to acquire Petco in a deal worth $4.6 billion.

A bit more on PetSmart
Quote :
PetSmart bought out in $8.7 billion deal. LONDON, Dec. 15 (UPI) -- PetSmart has been acquired for $8.7 billion by a group of investors led BC Partners, making it the biggest global private equity deal of 2014.Dec 15, 2014

It appears to me as if both PetCo and PetSmart (along with Drs Foster & Smith) are now just another cog in the big corporate wheel. One has to question just how much customer loyalty they now deserve to expect - since, in my viewpoint, they seem to have little customer loyalty.

Like you Renee, buying locally is out of the question. I have little choice but to buy off the web.

My reding of the above, btw, seems to indicate that PetsMart has changed hands two or three times since 2014 ....????? Who really bought Chewy, if PetsMart belongs to BC Partners, then did BC Partners actually acquire PetsMart??

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 1:50 am

I have been lucky with dog food Al, I would travel next town over, so 60 mile round trip to go to Tractor Supply. Now Tractor Supply is in my town so now a 36 mile round trip, but have to go there anyways for food, gas, etc. It is a life saver for me. It's my treats that I can't get at TSC which is a big thing, and my flea meds are also cheaper on line than at TSC. TSC also has a customer loyalty program and also has ads that have TOTW $5 off quite frequently, so dog food is cheaper in the long run in town than online for me.

You and Amy probably remember way better than myself. I was a kid, but remember when Ma Bell broke up, something about not having monopolies. How far away are we today from having monopolies again?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 10:38 am

The petfood industry seems to be very close to a monopoly already but with AT&T (whoever owns them) out there scooping up all kinds of stuff I doubt the government is going to have a care about our pets until it makes the right person mad.

PostSubject: Re: PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....   PetSmart to purchase Chewy .... Empty

Back to top Go down

PetSmart to purchase Chewy ....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Nutrition and Feeding-