It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My husky "baby"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Just saying hello from west Texas. My husky named Baby who is 13 weeks old today. She is awesome. Here are a few pics of her when I first got her.
My husky "baby" Image22
My husky "baby" Image23
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Okay, west Texas - welcome to the forum!! Now what part of west Texas?? I'm down in the Big Bend area with three Huskies and there's another who claims to be from west Texas with a Husky and GSD but is north of Lubbock (I think)

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 10:12 pm

And her and 8 weeks first, then 12 to 13 weeks. She weighs 10 pounds My husky "baby" Image28
My husky "baby" Image25
My husky "baby" Image27
My husky "baby" Image26
Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 pm

aljones wrote:
Okay, west Texas - welcome to the forum!!  Now what part of west Texas?? I'm down in the Big Bend area with three Huskies and there's another who claims to be from west Texas with a Husky and GSD but is north of Lubbock (I think)

Midland Texas to be exact! They do okay out here, if you could ask them they would say they love it I bet.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 12:12 am

I've lived out here almost 8 years now, my pups are all rescues of one form or another and, as you say, do surprisingly well when you consider the heat.  

I had to look twice when I saw your pictures of her.  She's bi-eyed but the dark eye, in a couple of pictures, simply doesn't look like it's there at all - just a black blank (second picture, for example, looks like there's no eye there).  On one hand I envy you having the puppy, mine are all now well over 5 years old - and I've had them all ... well, Avalanche I got when he was a year old and he's now almost 7 - and still my perpetual puppy;  Sasha came next, literally off the streets of San Antonio just over 5 years ago; and my newest is Sky who I picked up from a woman who lived in the Red River area - we met at Big Spring and I took ownership of my problem child then (realized why she'd had four owners before I got her)

I enjoy looking at all the puppies but am very glad that I don't have to begin all over again with raising one.

You know, you're close enough (in Texas terms) at 300 miles that we could have a get together and let my Avalanche teach your puppy some of the things every Husky needs to know << laughing >>

Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 12:13 am

What a cutie. Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 12:19 am

Awww, she's so cute! Welcome to the forum! In the "scrapbooks" section, you can start a "52 weeks" and also a scrapbook for her. It's a fun way of keeping track and watching her grow and change Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 11:37 am

Welcome to the forum!

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 4:45 pm

Just seen this welcome to the forum! lovely pup. And to correct Al just a tiny bit, well a big bit, I am in west Texas with a husky and gsd, but we live southwest of Abilene, about 65 miles from Abilene, Lubbock is way too far away from me, and Lubbock is way north of me, like maybe 400 miles north, lol. My national weather service claims that I live in west Texas, and the heartland is east of me. I live around 175 miles directly east of Midland. So yep I am in west Texas, tho I will say Coleman is considered the eastern part of what is considered western Texas. Hope I confused some. I live 175 miles south west of Dallas. If you look up Coleman, Texas we are pretty close to center of the state, or the west side of center. So Yes Al I live in western Texas, not north, lmao. Very Happy Oh and to be more technical, the small town I live in is south west of Coleman. Smile

My husky "baby" 1077px-Map_of_Texas_highlighting_Coleman_County.svg
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Hey, this is Texas and what's a few hundred miles between friends.  Smile
Just in case someone thinks I'm kidding, Texas (on I-10) is 887 miles from ElPaso to the La border.  Going grocery shopping for a lot of us is a 100 mile trip.  Visiting friends who live 300 miles away isn't unheard of for a weekend.  
I think, for example, that Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels draws most of it visitors from Houston 180 miles away - and generally that's a day trip.

There's a lot of Texas!!!!

Back to top Go down
Addie Girl
Newborn
Newborn
Addie Girl

Male Join date : 2017-07-09

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Now she is a cutie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm

aljones wrote:
I've lived out here almost 8 years now, my pups are all rescues of one form or another and, as you say, do surprisingly well when you consider the heat.  

I had to look twice when I saw your pictures of her.  She's bi-eyed but the dark eye, in a couple of pictures, simply doesn't look like it's there at all - just a black blank (second picture, for example, looks like there's no eye there).  On one hand I envy you having the puppy, mine are all now well over 5 years old - and I've had them all ... well, Avalanche I got when he was a year old and he's now almost 7 - and still my perpetual puppy;  Sasha came next, literally off the streets of San Antonio just over 5 years ago; and my newest is Sky who I picked up from a woman who lived in the Red River area - we met at Big Spring and I took ownership of my problem child then (realized why she'd had four owners before I got her)

I enjoy looking at all the puppies but am very glad that I don't have to begin all over again with raising one.

You know, you're close enough (in Texas terms) at 300 miles that we could have a get together and let my Avalanche teach your puppy some of the things every Husky needs to know << laughing >>

I would love that lol
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 3:35 pm

I wonder if there's an enclosed park in Ft Stockton (half way??) we can invade for a day? But let's wait till 1) it's cooler and 2) your pup grows a little bit, the dog I mentioned (Avalanche) is good with pups but might be a bit intimidating to a little one.

Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 11:51 am

aljones wrote:
I wonder if there's an enclosed park in Ft Stockton (half way??) we can invade for a day?  But let's wait till 1) it's cooler and 2) your pup grows a little bit, the dog I mentioned (Avalanche) is good with pups but might be a bit intimidating to a little one.

Ft stockton is 1 hour 30 min from me. You know I have a awesome dog that she hasn't got used to. So I get that for sure. She does get a little freaked out with bigger dogs.
Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 11:56 am

My husky "baby" Image30

My other baby "dace"
He loves everything.
Back to top Go down
huskybaby
Puppy
Puppy

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 12:33 pm

My husky "baby" Image31
My husky "baby" Image32
My husky "baby" Image33

Couple pics of today.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Excuse me as I laugh - If I saw Dace coming at me (without advanced warning), I might be a bit freaked out, too!

Of my three, I only have one who concerns me (who would remain home).  Let's suffice it to say that she thinks she's Queen Sasha and everyone should kowtow to her.  The other two - one's a 'pussycat' and the other doesn't want to do anything but play.  (( Er, my pussycat will also defend herself when Sasha gets to pushy so she's not that submissive!  ))

An hour to Alpine and another hour to Ft Stockton.  So it's about a two hour trip for me - but I do go up there occasionally.

Just checked with the Ft Stockton Police (oddly, at 150 miles, Ft Stockton is a local call) - the only "real" park is James Rooney Memorial Park which has no enclosed areas, but does have several "family friendly" areas. It's definitely worth considering - and Dace and Avalanche would have a ball - but I'd hold off until Baby is a little bigger, I'd hate to see her get trampled.

Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 5:20 pm

welcome to the forums. she is so cute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My husky "baby" Empty
PostSubject: Re: My husky "baby"   My husky "baby" Empty

Back to top Go down

My husky "baby"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1