|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha
Join date : 2017-05-11
|Subject: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 pm|| |
My 5 month old's appetite has been off for 3 days now since we got back from the beach. He gets a lot of off leash beach time and that first night he barfed up what looked like some seaweed. I also have reason to think he picked up the Coccidia (sp?) parasite on a previous visit to the beach and he's since been cleared by the vet but my breeder says she's knows other dogs to come back from the beach with it.
His stools have been soft, with a few that were like apple sauce. (sorry) He is eating, but with none of the usual enthusiasm. He seems somewhat lethargic around the house but once out on a walk or at the dog park he's fairly normal.
1. How long would you go with these symptoms before taking in a stool sample to check for parasites?
2. Is is common practice to have him on some sort of preventive parasite control like Trifexis?
3. Anyone know is the beach (north Oregon in my case) tends to give dogs problems? Maybe from munching on shells or sampling Elk poop?
Join date : 2014-07-23
Location : San Diego, California
|Subject: Re: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 pm|| |
Does he seem bloated at all? When I was a kid, we took my Malamute to the beach, my little brother and sister went off with him, and when they all came back, my malamute seemed different, really slow, seemed kinda "fat" and stuff like that. Turned out they were letting him drink lots of water...from the ocean! And it caused him to bloat. Apparently bloat can be pretty dangerous too
Join date : 2013-06-14
Location : Missouri
|Subject: Re: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha || |
3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha
|» another hair loss problem :(|
by Lostmaniac Today at 2:17 am
» "just want to prepare you..."
by amymeme Yesterday at 5:41 pm
» My red husky just arrived to its new home
by amymeme Yesterday at 2:43 am
» Nanook...my best friend.
by Ant&Lisa Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:11 pm
» A new fluffy pup .
by Ant&Lisa Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:06 pm
» Dry Eye in Huskies
by jbealer Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:51 pm
» What is the best kibble for my new puppy?
by TwisterII Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:53 pm
» any thoughts?
by TwisterII Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:45 pm
» Recall Information
by aljones Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:29 pm
» Resource guarding and aggression in 5 month old husky puppy
by Tika Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:31 am
» Blazze Becomes Z'ev: Follow His Journey from Death Row to Member of the Family
by TwisterII Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:54 am
» Mini Huskies and Pompskies
by Lostmaniac Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:41 pm
» Essence dog food
by Idun Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:04 pm
» Is my sweet girl unusual???
by Lostmaniac Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:27 am
» Hello and Welcome to It's A Husky Thing
by aljones Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:32 pm
» The Desert Pack
by aljones Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:38 pm
» new member
by amymeme Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:30 am
» The Husky Bunch - A Video Diary
by martin Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:47 am
» Ingredient Splitting
by TwisterII Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:19 am
» Husky ears
by jalepeno Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:55 pm