|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!
3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha
Join date : 2017-05-11
|Subject: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 pm|| |
My 5 month old's appetite has been off for 3 days now since we got back from the beach. He gets a lot of off leash beach time and that first night he barfed up what looked like some seaweed. I also have reason to think he picked up the Coccidia (sp?) parasite on a previous visit to the beach and he's since been cleared by the vet but my breeder says she's knows other dogs to come back from the beach with it.
His stools have been soft, with a few that were like apple sauce. (sorry) He is eating, but with none of the usual enthusiasm. He seems somewhat lethargic around the house but once out on a walk or at the dog park he's fairly normal.
1. How long would you go with these symptoms before taking in a stool sample to check for parasites?
2. Is is common practice to have him on some sort of preventive parasite control like Trifexis?
3. Anyone know is the beach (north Oregon in my case) tends to give dogs problems? Maybe from munching on shells or sampling Elk poop?
Join date : 2014-07-23
Location : San Diego, California
|Subject: Re: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 pm|| |
Does he seem bloated at all? When I was a kid, we took my Malamute to the beach, my little brother and sister went off with him, and when they all came back, my malamute seemed different, really slow, seemed kinda "fat" and stuff like that. Turned out they were letting him drink lots of water...from the ocean! And it caused him to bloat. Apparently bloat can be pretty dangerous too
Join date : 2013-06-14
Location : Missouri
|Subject: Re: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha || |
3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha
|» How to deal with wet husky odour|
by Lostmaniac Today at 1:32 pm
» Storm scrap book.
by Liv_Skye Yesterday at 4:29 pm
» Apollo Scrap book
by Liv_Skye Yesterday at 4:24 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Yesterday at 2:51 pm
» New dog owner advice?!?
by TJ200323 Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:57 am
» Prebiotic/probiotic supplements
by jojoflex12 Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:23 am
» Beginner Gardener
by amymeme Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 pm
» I need help understanding my husky.
by KibaTheWolf Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:02 am
» Keno has Cancer
by TwisterII Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:51 am
» Agouti owners?
by dinf22 Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:14 am
» Incontinence or behavioral
by Lostmaniac Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:44 pm
» Eating dirt
by Lostmaniac Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm
» Remembering Link
by aljones Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:28 pm
» Is our 9 week old puppy aggressive? PLEASE help. Fear of strangers and other puppies.
by Lostmaniac Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:13 pm
» So You're Thinking of Getting a Husky?
by Nicole Raslich Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:56 pm
» My first husky and people keep telling me she is mixed with something
by Nicole Raslich Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:23 pm
» Advice please - I have opportunity to buy Sib Husky / Belgian Shepard cross...
by TwisterII Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:39 pm
» Critical Neighbours
by Lostmaniac Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:20 pm
» Love your dogs while you can
by Liv_Skye Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:30 pm
» "Buddy" - Their loss was our gain.
by Kdavlin15 Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:38 pm