|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha
Join date : 2017-05-11
|Subject: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 pm|| |
My 5 month old's appetite has been off for 3 days now since we got back from the beach. He gets a lot of off leash beach time and that first night he barfed up what looked like some seaweed. I also have reason to think he picked up the Coccidia (sp?) parasite on a previous visit to the beach and he's since been cleared by the vet but my breeder says she's knows other dogs to come back from the beach with it.
His stools have been soft, with a few that were like apple sauce. (sorry) He is eating, but with none of the usual enthusiasm. He seems somewhat lethargic around the house but once out on a walk or at the dog park he's fairly normal.
1. How long would you go with these symptoms before taking in a stool sample to check for parasites?
2. Is is common practice to have him on some sort of preventive parasite control like Trifexis?
3. Anyone know is the beach (north Oregon in my case) tends to give dogs problems? Maybe from munching on shells or sampling Elk poop?
Join date : 2014-07-23
Location : San Diego, California
|Subject: Re: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:55 pm|| |
Does he seem bloated at all? When I was a kid, we took my Malamute to the beach, my little brother and sister went off with him, and when they all came back, my malamute seemed different, really slow, seemed kinda "fat" and stuff like that. Turned out they were letting him drink lots of water...from the ocean! And it caused him to bloat. Apparently bloat can be pretty dangerous too
Join date : 2013-06-14
Location : Missouri
|Subject: Re: 3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha || |
3 questions about lack of appetite & diareha
|» Antibiotic resistant UTI/incontinent puppy - Desperate husky mom|
by aljones Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:21 pm
» 52 weeks of Zeus the GSD
by aljones Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:19 pm
» Post-neutering bad side effects
by TwisterII Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:39 am
» Husky Caught in the WILD
by TwisterII Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:26 am
» Anybody use Myos canine muscle formula veterinary strength?
by TwisterII Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:25 am
» The Desert Pack
by TwisterII Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:18 am
» Noiseless Dog Tags ... and more
by aljones Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:58 pm
» Doggy DNA tests
by Lostmaniac Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:18 am
» Iditarod harassment
by TwisterII Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:43 pm
» If you can't read this, I'll copy and paste
by aljones Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:37 pm
» Ear Infection questions
by JenC Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:28 pm
» Kavik and Tulok's Scrapbook (Tulok starts page 4) updated 10/37/22
by TwisterII Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:37 am
» Made Halloween Videos
by aljones Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:14 pm
» Another walk in the Park
by aljones Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:12 pm
» My Husky Malia Howling Beautifully
by TwisterII Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:25 pm
» Homemade dog food supplements
by Lostmaniac Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:53 am
» Husky and holding his pee/poop 8+ hours?
by aljones Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:04 pm
» Is it safe to remove undercoat
by Windfishin Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:24 am
» My GSD and the news kittens, need help.
by aljones Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:24 am
» Murphy law
by TwisterII Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:55 am