It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What are you feeding your Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 4:07 pm

With rabbits they eat the whole rabbit fur and all with chickens and most birds they dont seem to eat the head or the feet and the few times ive thrown whole deer in the yard (or in the case of 2 weeks ago when one came over the fence ) they eat everything but the bones they cant crack open but with the deer they last a few days and with 4 dogs i cant really be sure who ate what all i can be sure of is that spider and shadow did get in a fight over the brain. They really only get whole prey if they catch it or during hunting season and im looking into switching over mainly because of dog food recalls. That and dog food costing almost 300 a month not including the hour each way drive to go get it
Back to top Go down
Mannuel
Newborn
Newborn
Mannuel

Male Join date : 2018-12-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 3:29 am

Kind of sort of hoping someone's on right now how to make a last-minute change and I'm going with Crave, thoughts?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 1:26 pm

@Mannuel  Personally I Know nothing of Crave but a look at Dog Food Advisor shows high ratings for it - 5-star across the product line.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Mannuel
Newborn
Newborn
Mannuel

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Yeah when I went to the store all my top picks were unavailable. I looked it up and it was my best bet. Good news is Nicolas loves it.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 5:47 pm

I was feeding Crave, chicken, and the dogs loved it. Only problem I had with it at the time was it has higher fiber than some others and Z'ev was still crated a lot - the Crave had them pooping more often (poops still normal, just more frequent) Not good with a crated dog.
Back to top Go down
Mannuel
Newborn
Newborn
Mannuel

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 12:29 am

Well it seems that he is a little gassier than normal but he is an inside, outside dog so I'll continue.
Wait could gassy be a bad thing?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 12:38 am

Prolly the dog food change. Gas is normal for the most part just annoying. Mine get it when we switch food or they eat too much or if its not grain free or if it has probiotics or of they get McDonald's and since you just switched food id bet it has something to do with new dog food. And wether or not gassy is bad depends on your smell sensitivity
Back to top Go down
Mannuel
Newborn
Newborn
Mannuel

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Haha well maybe tmi but my wife is the queen at home, all boys in the house. So gassy is just what you get from a house full of guys. He's fitting right in.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Few years ago had way bad neighbors that had 11 dogs and fed them ol roy. I used to joke about thier house blowing up. But seriously when you walked it all you could smell was ol roy farts
Back to top Go down
Mannuel
Newborn
Newborn
Mannuel

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 3:40 am

😂

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Ambilina
Newborn
Newborn
Ambilina

PostSubject: Best treats for huskies   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 10:13 am

Hi everyone. 

What are you feeding your huskies during training these days? A lot of them in-store are incredibly processed and I'm struggling to find one that he goes absolutely crazy for. 

I was thinking about ham but please let me know what's best to get their attention!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 12:25 pm

Mine go absolutely nuts for elk but they only get elk when someone we know shoots one and brings some over. They love ham and bacon and steak also.

Mostly we use freeze-dried raw dog food as treats
Back to top Go down
Ambilina
Newborn
Newborn
Ambilina

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 12:30 pm

Ah fresh out of elk here (I'm in South Africa). We have dried game meat called biltong but some of the ingredients are bad for dogs unfortunately (snuck him a piece or two, he loves it and the dog version of biltong doesn't live up).

Thanks for the suggestion though! I'll look into freeze dried meats.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 1:07 pm

@ambilina I've used freeze dried liver for some of my training.  Dogs seem to go wild for them.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 9:53 pm

Even with meat i have to swap things out or they get bored with it... or i give them too many treats. The most high value treats they get are the chipmunks and rabbits they kill themselves. Might be a prideful feeling with it also.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 4:04 pm

I use liver or dehydrated lung treats. You need to be careful using certain meats like ham because it is usually cured and has a high sodium content. I have dehydrated chicken and beef for mine in the past at the house without any additives to make sure there aren't extra preservatives. Green beans can also be used depending on how you are training.

PostSubject: Re: What are you feeding your Husky?   food - What are you feeding your Husky? - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you feeding your Husky?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29