It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikes
Newborn
Newborn

huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! Empty
PostSubject: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi All,

My wife and I volunteer with the Texas husky rescue and we have two girls we rescued.

We are looking to take them to Colorado this November for them to experience snow for the first time.

Do any of you know of any places in Colorado that we can bring them to, Airbnb, hotel, ranch etc...? where they can run free (of course fenced, they are huskies after all) and enjoy them selves!

Thank you,
Michalhuskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! 8a0b6410
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm

One of these days I'll learn to "Send" my posts after I "Preview" it - course, I probably shouldn't in the first place.

I can probably offer a few suggestions, but only if you'll stop by west Texas on your way there and pick up me and my three dogs!

Seriously though, many of our members are out and about over the weekend, but we do have a couple of members from Colorado who'll probably see this Monday and maybe respond.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Mikes
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 11:39 pm

@Al jones
We have a small car but if you’re up to driving towards Lubbock we can meet and caravan to Colorado (seriously!). But first we need to find a place to accommodate.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 12:16 am

Prompts:  What part of our Great State are you  in, I'm guessing Austin/DFW??

Dog on left', definitely all Husky; dog on right, either very young (big ears) or a mix, any idea which?

On one hand I'd love to go, on the other hand, I'd have to buy a wardrobe, I left the north country a year or so after you were born and I have absolutely no cold weather clothes.  (( Ignoring the fact that these old bones get cold at anything less than 70° ))

I'll tag @jbealer who lives in Denver, she might be able to give you some ideas.  She hikes and just did another mountain so I'm betting that she'd know if anyone would.

Back to top Go down
Mikes
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 1:10 pm

We did a DNA test for both of them the one on the left (Dallas) is
Siberian Husky
Alaskan Malamute
American Staffordshire Terrier
German Shepherd Dog
Samoyed

And right (Taffy) is
Catahoula Leopard Dog
Siberian Huskyj
Alaskan Malamute
Labrador Retriever
White Swiss Shepherd
Mixed-breed Groups

Yes we are in Austin and thank you for tagging JBealer
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Michal,
CO is HUGE where do you plan on going in the state, then i can direct you better Smile

Senior
Senior
aljones

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Col is huge?? Jenifer, you realize you're talking to people from Texas, right?? LOL

Back to top Go down
Mikes
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi Jennifer,
We will be visiting friends in Denver, really anything on the way there. We dont have an all wheel drive car so preferably a place Where i won’t get snowed in. Lol
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 pm

ok so snow in Nov, early or late Nov? you will want to look at mountain towns. Breckenridge has a great dog park not far from the main st and plenty of mountain hiking to get to. Estes Park also had a great dog park to run in and cabins and dog friendly housing. lots of hiking near by outside of the Nat park where dogs are not aloud. both are under 2hrs from denver. as for denver, have not had to look for places to stay but plenty of dog parks and i run the local FB HH page so we can do a meet up if you give me dates Smile plenty of trails in the foot hills to do that are still ok with light snow on the ground but it also can be dry as a bone still in Nov... what kind of hiking are you looking for?

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 12:34 pm

It would be in late November, we don’t have dates set yet. As for hiking we are not big hikers only casual. We were looking for something that they could experience like dog sledding and somewhere they could run free
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!   huskies - Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanting to take my huskies to Colorado!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1