It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChapsandKai
Newborn
Newborn
ChapsandKai

Female Join date : 2019-03-08

diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! Empty
PostSubject: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 9:43 am

So we've had our 10w old pup for just over 2 weeks now and a week ago he started having diarrhea.He had normal poops for the first week and a half we had him. Last Friday he was lethargic and quite sleepy then Saturday he was just not himself and refused to eat. We finally got him to eat some chicken mixed with his food and he's been eating just fine ever since but the diarrhea is not going away. I scoured this site and found that we should feed him chicken and rice and pumpkin. But then last night he was up at 4 with orange runny poop again! We have been trying to transition him to a better puppy food then what his breeder was feeding him and I think I did it wrong... I was doing 50/50 and maybe that is what has caused his runs... ugh

I think I'm over feeding him the pumpkin. Everything we read said a tablespoon but then I read another thread saying it's only a teaspoon!

I just want the overnight waking up's to stop and him to be ok and get back to normal!!

Please help!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 10:02 am

First off, have you taken your pup to a vet to rule out any other cause besides food?

Newborn
Newborn
ChapsandKai

PostSubject: Re: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 10:36 am

Huskyluv wrote:
First off, have you taken your pup to a vet to rule out any other cause besides food?

He was at the vet the day we brought him home. Clean bill of health.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 10:48 am

He may have had a clean bill of health then but there are a world of things puppies can cause a puppy to get sick - some of the little bugs *very* bad.

I'd suggest you take him to the vets for two major reasons:
1) obviously to determine what's really happening. Worms, a bug, ???
2) a chance for you to have a "set down" with the vet and get some one-on-one experienced help. You're doing things right but maybe you need a little hand holding to build your confidence.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Absolutely for any young puppy that has diarrhea for more than a day or two. A young pup can go sour really quick, dehydration, viral illness. Etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
ChapsandKai
Newborn
Newborn
ChapsandKai

PostSubject: Re: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 4:14 pm

The bland diet and pumpkin have done the trick... YAY. I talked to the vet and they said if they firmed up then no need to bring him in (they are over an hour away). He'll be going in end of next week for his next set of shots anyways.

Thanks all
Back to top Go down
Kona_18
Puppy
Puppy
Kona_18

Male Join date : 2019-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Glad it "passed" (sorry - couldn't resist... Very Happy )

So it just took a few feeding cycles for his digestive system to reset?

Back to top Go down
ChapsandKai
Newborn
Newborn
ChapsandKai

PostSubject: Re: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Kona_18 wrote:
Glad it "passed" (sorry - couldn't resist...  Very Happy )

So it just took a few feeding cycles for his digestive system to reset?

It's getting there. I over fed him pumpkin last night and his poop this morning was a bit runny again. Funny how they are so sensitive to any change!

he's staying on the bland diet for another few days then we'll wean him onto kibble! Here's hoping all is well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!   diarrhea - Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Diarrhea and pumpkin -- Please help!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1