It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angel girl
Newborn
Newborn
Angel girl

Female Join date : 2019-01-05

puppy - Puppy training Empty
PostSubject: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi everyone!! Hope all is well! Well finally out of hospitals. Still no weight on left leg no use of left arm. UGH So glad to see my babies yes they definitely recommend me. Unfortunately I can only love on them between a gate for fear they'll jump on me and 3 surgeries is plenty! Unfortunately the training done while I was gone hasn't been much. So I'm hoping within 2-3wks I will be able to get to some serious work training them. I could use all and any suggestions on ALL subjects would be awesome! I've started a notebook (since for the last 1 1/2 months) all I could do was lay on butt. Thank you all in advance if you could throw some tips my way.
I'm going to post a pic it I can figure it out. Lol!
Husky friends have a wonderful evening and God bless!
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 11:10 pm

Welcome back and I hope the recovery speeds along! You can do a lot through that gate, try "set", "stay", maybe they'll even do a bit of "fetch" but you're going to have to have treats to reward them.

Welcome back and let's try not to get up on a ladder again too soon, eh??

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Angel girl
Newborn
Newborn
Angel girl

PostSubject: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 12:25 am

Thanks! No ladders for awhile! I have definitely found out it's much harder training 2 at the same time. Unfortunately with all that has happened the 2 of them are way too close. I'm hoping I can distance them a little. I've read about litter mate syndrome but not how to correct it. I'll keep searching. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 1:23 am

One on one training, take one for a walk later the other.

Glad to hear you are back and on the mend.
Back to top Go down
Angel girl
Newborn
Newborn
Angel girl

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 1:32 am

Thanks Amymeme. Yes one on one most definitely! I know I'm coming in a little late for all the training that needs done but they're very intelligent puppies and (stubborn) LOL. It may take me a longer time than average however my medical probs were felt to me so it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Angel girl
Newborn
Newborn
Angel girl

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Hello Husky lovers! I am absolutely heartbroken but with all my health issues I have to find a home for my babies Diamond and Diego. Please does anyone know some good ppl that would like to have them? I'll try and post a pic been having trouble doing that. Thanks everyone! Angel girl
Back to top Go down
dvflyer
Adult
Adult

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 8:03 pm

Sorry to hear. Always a tough decision to make but sometimes it must be done. I don't see a location listed. Perhaps one of the members knows of a rescue in your area.
Back to top Go down
Angel girl
Newborn
Newborn
Angel girl

PostSubject: Newby Angel Girl   puppy - Puppy training EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 8:25 pm

If anyone knows of anyone for my pups I thought I'd give my email it's. dawnmariedriver@gmail.com
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:55 am

Area rescues can help you place them. They are good at vetting homes for you to make sure they are going to someone who knows huskies and what it takes to properly care for them. Don't give them away. Make sure you ask for some kind of rehoming fee to weed out people just wanting to resell them or use them as bait dogs. Another good reason to go through a rescue. they will often help with advertising and can get the word out to a specialized network but the pups can stay with you until their new home is found. Rescues do get full and may not be able to take them in themselves but if you are willing to keep them until the rescue can place them then they will be in a better position for a smooth transition to a quality home. Knowing your location would help if there are any members who may know someone nearby or a good rescue.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 11:06 pm

Id consider taking the pups but where are you located and id need more info like the age and are they spayed and neutered but location is a big issue
Back to top Go down
Angel girl
Newborn
Newborn
Angel girl

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptyTue May 14, 2019 1:21 am

Hi it sure has been a long time since my horrible accident, and my being on here. Thank you to those who reached out to me about my having to find a home for my pups. Thanks to my wonderful husband for his determination to be able to handle the puppies and my constant care we still have our babies! They're 6 months old now and as of 2 wks ago I've been able to start helping him take care of them! We cannot imagine our lives without them! I'm going to keep trying to post pics. I'll figure it out one day. I hope all of you have been doing good! I LOVE this site! 🍷A toast to "It's a huskey thing"!🐾
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training EmptyTue May 14, 2019 9:48 am

That is great to hear! Both that you are doing better and you are working through it with the pups.

PostSubject: Re: Puppy training   puppy - Puppy training Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1