|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Join date : 2019-03-20
Location : Tyler, Texas
|Subject: Hello! Meet Archer! Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:09 pm|| |
Hello everyone! This is Archer, he is about 2 and a half months old. He is super chill and all-around a very good pup. He and Nikita are getting along very well and I think we made a good decision.
He does have some dandruff that I think was caused by the fact that he had a lot of fleas when my friend got him. He had two baths in pretty quick succession. He is also on Purina Puppy Chow and I know that's not good food. He has about half a bag left of it, should I just keep him on it until it's done, or just go ahead and switch it to what I have Nikita on?
One other thing, when he and Nikita play, she puts her mouth around his neck. He's never whimpered or anything, but is it something I should let her do or should I stop it? She also chases him and has to be right beside him when he's up and moving around. She did the same thing when we first got her to our other dog. I think it will stop as the "new" wears off, but is there anything I can do to further that along?
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : Terlingua, Texas
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:24 pm|| |
- @cheywhite wrote:
- He is also on Purina Puppy Chow and I know that's not good food. He has about half a bag left of it, should I just keep him on it until it's done, or just go ahead and switch it to what I have Nikita on?
While Purina isn't the best of foods, it's not the worst either. My Alaskan prefers the Dog Chow to the Fromms I feed the other two ... what can I say? Actually Sky tends to eat both his Purina and her own Fromms ... blasted dogs!! Finish off what you have and then switch ...
- @cheywhite wrote:
- One other thing, when he and Nikita play, she puts her mouth around his neck. He's never whimpered or anything, but is it something I should let her do or should I stop it? She also chases him and has to be right beside him when he's up and moving around. She did the same thing when we first got her to our other dog. I think it will stop as the "new" wears off, but is there anything I can do to further that along?
As far as having a mouthful of neck, if Nikita accepts it as play - let it go. Some dogs are more mouthy in play
than others. As long as there's no objection by Nikita - let 'em play. Ditto the 'tagging along' - they're pack animals and he's her pack ...
“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”
Join date : 2019-03-20
Location : Tyler, Texas
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:11 am|| |
His coat doesn't seem very healthy at the moment, I don't know if it's from the fleas and then the baths, or from the food. I'll keep him on it until I run out and then switch him to Nikita's. I get hers from the feed store down the road from where I work, so it will be easier to get than the Purina.
Thanks for the insight on the playing. I've never had dogs that really played with each other, so I wasn't sure if it was normal or something I should stop. Glad to know that it's just playing! There's been a few instances where Archer has whimpered, mostly from her accidentally laying on him and then choosing not move until we tell her. But they're getting along wonderfully!
Join date : 2013-06-14
Location : Missouri
Join date : 2011-08-19
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:39 pm|| |
Join date : 2017-12-19
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:45 am|| |
Beautiful new pup! Purina isn't the best but as another person said it isn't the worst either. I personally have always used Victor and have been happy with it.
As far as when Nikita and Archer play I wouldn't worry about this to much. I've seen may dogs play this way. You may want to keep an eye on them while they are still getting to know each other though.
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! || |
|» Growing up! |
by Kenajade Yesterday at 11:17 pm
» Amy's Folly - The Garden Adventures
by amymeme Yesterday at 12:24 pm
» Alaskan husky questions
by amymeme Yesterday at 12:10 pm
» Hey Guys! Im newbie
by Lostmaniac Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:21 pm
» Harness Help
by jimmiles Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:35 am
» The Desert Pack
by aljones Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:29 am
» Help With Skin Issues
by TwisterII Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:56 am
» Keno has Cancer
by simplify Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:30 pm
» Zinc deficiency?
by Ptoot Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:30 am
» Porcupine 1- Finn 0
by RAHUSKY Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:26 pm
» Huskita (husky/Akita) weight and food management query
by aljones Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:25 pm
» Huskies of It's a Husky Thing
by Liv_Skye Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:09 am
» Leo's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:18 pm
» Stopping barking
by Lostmaniac Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:55 am
» Husky Coat Color
by Lostmaniac Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:41 pm
» We adopted Freyja
by Lostmaniac Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:12 pm
» Lachlan had a seizure
by TwisterII Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:32 am
» Storm scrap book.
by Liv_Skye Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:22 am
» Apollo Scrap book
by Liv_Skye Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:21 am
» Newly rescued fro local animal shelter
by Liv_Skye Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:14 am