|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Join date : 2019-03-20
Location : Tyler, Texas
|Subject: Hello! Meet Archer! Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:09 pm|| |
Hello everyone! This is Archer, he is about 2 and a half months old. He is super chill and all-around a very good pup. He and Nikita are getting along very well and I think we made a good decision.
He does have some dandruff that I think was caused by the fact that he had a lot of fleas when my friend got him. He had two baths in pretty quick succession. He is also on Purina Puppy Chow and I know that's not good food. He has about half a bag left of it, should I just keep him on it until it's done, or just go ahead and switch it to what I have Nikita on?
One other thing, when he and Nikita play, she puts her mouth around his neck. He's never whimpered or anything, but is it something I should let her do or should I stop it? She also chases him and has to be right beside him when he's up and moving around. She did the same thing when we first got her to our other dog. I think it will stop as the "new" wears off, but is there anything I can do to further that along?
Join date : 2014-08-18
Location : Terlingua, Texas
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:24 pm|| |
- @cheywhite wrote:
- He is also on Purina Puppy Chow and I know that's not good food. He has about half a bag left of it, should I just keep him on it until it's done, or just go ahead and switch it to what I have Nikita on?
While Purina isn't the best of foods, it's not the worst either. My Alaskan prefers the Dog Chow to the Fromms I feed the other two ... what can I say? Actually Sky tends to eat both his Purina and her own Fromms ... blasted dogs!! Finish off what you have and then switch ...
- @cheywhite wrote:
- One other thing, when he and Nikita play, she puts her mouth around his neck. He's never whimpered or anything, but is it something I should let her do or should I stop it? She also chases him and has to be right beside him when he's up and moving around. She did the same thing when we first got her to our other dog. I think it will stop as the "new" wears off, but is there anything I can do to further that along?
As far as having a mouthful of neck, if Nikita accepts it as play - let it go. Some dogs are more mouthy in play
than others. As long as there's no objection by Nikita - let 'em play. Ditto the 'tagging along' - they're pack animals and he's her pack ...
“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”
Join date : 2019-03-20
Location : Tyler, Texas
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:11 am|| |
His coat doesn't seem very healthy at the moment, I don't know if it's from the fleas and then the baths, or from the food. I'll keep him on it until I run out and then switch him to Nikita's. I get hers from the feed store down the road from where I work, so it will be easier to get than the Purina.
Thanks for the insight on the playing. I've never had dogs that really played with each other, so I wasn't sure if it was normal or something I should stop. Glad to know that it's just playing! There's been a few instances where Archer has whimpered, mostly from her accidentally laying on him and then choosing not move until we tell her. But they're getting along wonderfully!
Join date : 2013-06-14
Location : Missouri
Join date : 2011-08-19
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:39 pm|| |
Join date : 2017-12-19
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:45 am|| |
Beautiful new pup! Purina isn't the best but as another person said it isn't the worst either. I personally have always used Victor and have been happy with it.
As far as when Nikita and Archer play I wouldn't worry about this to much. I've seen may dogs play this way. You may want to keep an eye on them while they are still getting to know each other though.
|Subject: Re: Hello! Meet Archer! || |
|» Bad kennel cough|
by Lostmaniac Yesterday at 2:45 pm
» Chronic diarrhea - vet is shrugging
by PolarPup21 Yesterday at 1:44 am
» Little late... but better late than never. Meet my red floof!
by RAHUSKY Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:16 pm
» The Desert Pack
by amymeme Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:29 pm
» Husky prey drive around kitty
by Windfishin Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:19 pm
» South African Husky and His Owner
by aljones Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:53 pm
» Regular diarrhea and stomach issues
by Windfishin Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:23 pm
» My kitty passed away :(
by TwisterII Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:08 pm
» Demon, Dakota & Diablo -- UPDATED 4/16/2014 WITH PHOTOS
by TwisterII Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:07 pm
» What are you feeding your Husky?
by TwisterII Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:04 pm
» Husky Picky about food
by TwisterII Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:59 am
» Been quite for a while
by Lostmaniac Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:31 pm
» another hair loss problem :(
by Toadzca Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:41 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by TwisterII Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:40 am
» Blood in enlarged eye
by TwisterII Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:39 am
» Recall Information
by aljones Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:55 pm
» Dog sled for sale
by Gunnersmatejmac Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:32 am
» Sierra, Jack & Finn
by TwisterII Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:03 am
» Dog Shelters
by TwisterII Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:02 am
» "just want to prepare you..."
by amymeme Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:41 pm