It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:35 pm

no work out today so i did not input anything but food.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:49 pm

The one I have just has a button to switch from heart rate to calorie burned.

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm

I mostly use: http://www.livestrong.com/ for watching my weight and calorie intake allowance.

Decided to get in the proper weight arena like I was before I was "distracted" by life and Beth's cooking. For myself I selected the very active, Activity Level ( http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/ ) figuring if I didn't lose weight then I'd drop to the next lower level. I allowed myself 2500-2600 calories a day the first week I lost about 2 1/2 lbs. So I upped my calorie intake to 2600-2700 per day last week I lost 1.4 lbs. which is acceptable to me. I don't want to lose to fast because I feel when you lose to quickly your metabolism comes to a screeching halt because it isn't being properly fueled. Keep your weight loss as close to one pound per week and you'll have better results in the long run.

Looking to be back in the 170's by the end of June. Started at 196.2 pounds.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Well all im gonna say is I HATE MY BODY, its just to complex to figure the hell out.
so whats odd is were at friday here and im the same weight as i started the week, thats scary because i always drop back 2lbs by wed.... i have tracked everything and have stayed below 1800 cal a day like in the high 1700. thats with adding an extra shake twice this week after my workouts. so what i found is my sugar intake is double what it should be for a day but all im eating is 2 fruits a day but thats kicking me up, how am i to eat 2 cups of fruit a day and stay under the 20gs a day? its also saying my protein is about 100gs a day and i should only be having 46gs a day, that seems not right. my carbs are up some but not to past what they are asking and fiber, sodium, sat fat is on track. my fat is below avg. i can see where the extra lbs are but its not changing how things are fitting i just don't want to lose hold of what i was able to do last yr. why is this soooo hard. sorry just had to rant. i was really hoping i was eating more but that does not seem to be the case, i just gonna peg it all on stress and muscle gain.
thanks for reading!

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:55 pm

What site is giving you 1800 calories a day? I am on myfitnesspal.com and it gives me 1600 and then will increase that if I add exercise in. I have been staying between 1300 and 1600 and that is working for me. I would see what that site gives you when you plug in your info and where you want to go.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:06 pm

its web md and they have me at that to lose 1lb a week based on the info i put in with my workouts as well. my fitness said i needed to start at 1200 i gave up on that log, might try Calorie count next week.
its just that my food has really not changed at all (dinner a hair more tasty) but the weight is coming on so im not sure if im stuck or not. and yeah were not hiking every weekend and the winter activities have been low so far but i was making up the weekend hike with working out both sat and sun now. and no i don't want to do a cleanse with you

oh and i will add that even with what im eating now im still hungry so i can't see cutting anything else out, unless i go to bland dinners and i did that for 7 months i needed a break from that.

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Not saying you should do a cleanse with me. Just saying that that sounds a little high on the calorie allotment. My data was based on losing 1lb a week as well and 1600 sounds right for me. The nice thing about myfitnesspal is that when you log your exercise it automatically gives you more calories/carbs/fat/protein for the day. If I go over I don't lose, when I come in under I lose. Hope you find something that works.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:32 pm

maybe i will do the my fit next week. i know 1800 sounds high and thats why i was not trying to hit it. i just checked and it looks like i have been in the 1700-1750 daily. i also missed 2 mornings of cardio this week Sad i need that hike on sunday! i think im just gonna let it go for right now and see how long i can hold this new weight till summer, i also hope some of the supplements i just added can help some,its only been a week and i was told it takes 2 weeks to a month to see anything happen. i think im still banking on my body being taxed with stress right now. like i said my food work outs have not changed much but my stress is up and so is my weigh.
i wish i had an extra 1hr in my day to fit in more workouts.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:47 pm

jbealer wrote:
Weigh in 149.75!!!

well one yr to the date and today i was at 142.8lbs, i guess you can call that maintaining.... but damn i have bee stuck at this 142 since Jan. i can't shake it, i can eat more, eat less, work out more, or not at all and come friday its still the same. i cant get these 7lbs off. i really hope with the kick start of hiking season and adding in a spin class i will get back to the 135 and maybe even my goal of 130. my food has not changed much but im not weighing things as much and i have a chocolate snack now and then, i got burned out on counting everything and so i have a good idea on sizes of portions and such and have been winging it, maybe that is the slight change that is messing me up. all i know is im still in all the same clothes and sizes so im not sure where the weight went, can't all be muscle, but i am more ripped then i was last yr. hears to chugging along and seeing if my hiking theory pays off.

Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Don't focus so much on the scale! It's just numbers.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Heather! wrote:
Don't focus so much on the scale! It's just numbers.

I would stress gaining 3lbs until last week that I said F the scale! I was at 109 for a while and I've been between 110-112 for the past few weeks, but my clothes fits the same and everybody keeps telling me skinny I am and that I'm toned sooooooooooo whatever. Those pounds probably are muscle Jenn. You work out a lot. As long as you're not gaining, your clothes fit right, and you feel good about yourself that's all that matters.

You look great!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:49 pm

I put my scale in the trash.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:41 pm

wow no update since May.... guess thats cause nothing has changed, guess thats good. well im still holding at the 141-143lbs giving the day, just cant shake it. we have not hiked as much as we did last yr but im not sure that would have helped. everything still fits the same and as far as food goes, most of it is the same but i am enjoying chocolate and not weighing everything out and trying to live normally with out tracking everything, if i went military again im sure i could drop it but not sure its worth it, the idea was to get down to a weigh and hold it there and enjoy life. i have added in 2 spin classes for an hr each every week and still no drop, i did the hand held body fat thing last night at the gym and it still says 23-26% BF, its the SAME as when i was back at 135lbs.... so the only thing i can think is that i have put on more muscle...when my clothes get tight i will start to freak out, for now im just happy im getting stronger and more fit Smile

Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Good job Jenn!
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:16 am

MelissaI wrote:
Awww Jenn you sound like me! I do just about the same as you do as far as working out. My legs are tones are so are my arms, but my stupid belly fat! UGHH! My 30th bday is the 20th of this month and I'm having a beach day with friends so I MUST look GOOD in my bathing suit! Sad I do great during the week, but when the weekends come around it's so HARD not to eat all that fat yummy food! Oh, and the beer, big problem for me. I love me a few cold ones..LOL!

I'm short (5'1) and my "ideal" weight is 108lbs, but I've been stuck between 112lbs and 114lbs forever now. People make fun of me when I tell them I have a few lbs to lose and I get so mad! They don't understand that I'm short and those 3lbs make a huge difference! The heaviest I've ever been in 127lbs and woah that was not COOL!

My work schedule is:

M-F at the gym during lunch:

30minutes of jogging on the treadmill (i try to get to 3miles, but it's hard some days)
M & F - Work out legs
T & T - Work out arms
Wed - Just cardio and abs

Evenings:

Walk Mya and then walk Kody (totals about 2miles)
Tues & Thurs - Cycling at the gym at 630pm
Wed - Maybe run at the park after walking the dogs.

My husband says i'm obsessed, but I really don't think so. Imagine if I didn't do anything...AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a chic sucks, huh?!!!

i AM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. I am 5'2 and have been stuck at 130..It sucks..People laugh at me when I tell them I am A size 5 and want to lose weight, they do not understand that before I had my daughter and getting married I never went past 115 pounds lol. My goal weight is that 115.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 pm

today marks 2yrs that i started my weight loss and 1 yr at what i would call maintenance. in the past this is the point when i tend to gain weight back in the past. with my busted rib i can tell where some added weight has gone all ready and i hope to get it back off with adding back in my work outs when my rib lets me, got my cardio back and some light lifting, i KNOW i will keep this weight off and not yo-yo like i have in the past, just need to stay positive. So i really just want to log this here and well share that when you do put your mind to something and change your life it really is not so hard to keep up on and keep the weight off.

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Congrats! That's so awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 pm

bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   weight - Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6