It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 am

Oh I knew that. Evil or Very Mad

[/b]NOT[b]

Thank for the info need some protein just for all that reading I just did. One of my vices is that I don't keep my heart rate at the lower end of the work out as I like the challenge of pushing myself at the gym.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah 120 is like a walk for me. Just checked my HR 25min in on my TM at 10% incline at 3.5 speed and I was between 160 170 on my phone HR checker. My trainer said to stay at 160

Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:35 am

Holy Shocked You can't be serious. I have to work my hind quarters off to get to 160bpm's. My resting HR (not sleeping, just my normal HR outside of working out) is around 80bpm's.

I do the stair climber as my fat burning exercise. In fact, if I run the "fat burner" mode it's actually perfect to keep me in the fat burning HR.

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:50 am

My HR is always right around 165-170 when i'm on the elliptical...

I thought fat burning HR is different for each person based on their weight/height ratio?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:12 pm

arooroomom wrote:
My HR is always right around 165-170 when i'm on the elliptical...

I thought fat burning HR is different for each person based on their weight/height ratio?

That would be correct.
And if you want the most accurate HR reading, you'll need one with a chest strap. At first I didn't like the idea of having to wear a strap right below my boobies, but I hardly knew it was there as it falls right where my sport bra is.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:51 pm

that just reminded me i have one of those straps! i should dig it out and test it again on the TM and not running out side. i think i have given up on the outside running as it is just to hard on my knees compared to my treadmill, im never gonna run a race so TM running is fine with me.

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:31 pm

I love the stair master!! Jenn, that helped a lot with toning my legs Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 2:41 pm

ok sitting at my desk my HR reads 44-45

Heather i try to keep my gym time to lifting and cardio at home. climbing mountains helps the legs to Smile im am starting to work on my mass again since i feel im all small and stuff now, got to get the shape back now so lifting 2 days a week and cardio 3 days with stuff on the weekend.

i like the moving stair master at the gym and do that sometimes as my 5min warmup for legs days.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:27 pm

Tonight 140.75lbs
That's 40.25lbs GONE!!!!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Nice Jenn!
I, on the other hand, have bounced up on the scale! Sad

You'll be mini skinny-mini in no time!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Yay, Jenn!!! I wish I had your dedication 24-7. Not just during the week! I'm awful on the weekends Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Awesome job Jenn, you're coming along pretty quickly!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:02 am

Val, I started Feb 13 of this yr, so my loss has been around 10lbs a month so on avg. 2-3lbs a week so right on track for it to be healthy.
I will say I thought of you last night as I bought a 2 pk of peanut butter cups for my summit treat on Sat!

Ok had trainer at gym do a pinch body fat test and she got 19.5% for my age that puts be for the first time in a long time in a really good place on the chart!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:11 pm

Great result! It may be healthy but it still sounds like a lot...well to me it does anyway.

jbealer wrote:
I will say I thought of you last night as I bought a 2 pk of peanut butter cups for my summit treat on Sat!

Very Happy I have a dirty little secret. Confession, I still eat PB cups almost every day BUT I've cut back to only 1 per day. Gotta finish the Reese's that I already have right? I can't let them go to waste! I've really been slacking on the healthier foods thing the past week since hubby left.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:42 pm

well since everyone else is updating i will to.
i have been suck on a see saw between 137-140lbs Sad i can't break it. i am doing a 3 day plateau breaker for the next 3 days to see what happens, and i hope to at least get to 135 and be able to hold it, i feel good i think i look good and maybe the rest needs to be taken care of at the gym. when i get more nights open i can go lift more. i also know the hiking is messing with me right now but thats is fine, i will keep plugging away and see what happens. i am fearful that when i start intruding more food the weight will come back, that is going to be the hardest part i think.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Weigh in last night.
137.25lb
Its ok but I'm not happy I was slated to reach goal by the end of this month Sad
I know the hiking is messing with me but I love it to much to not do it and I need to fule my body on hikes and the means food not on plan. It takes my body 3 days to drop back to my weight and then I end up only really lossing a little before the next hike. I have seen a huge body change and I kind of wish I had B4 and after pics in like a swimsuit or something other then reg. Clothes.

And now for a little rant.
I went to a different 24hr last night off of yale and CO blvd. Think chad is at that one sometimes?...
I asked to have my body fat checked and the mananger of the trainers did it for me, guy was an ass and had short man complex! Was telling me I needed to see the same person everytime to make it easy cause they all do the test different. He asked what I wanted to be at and I said 14, told him my last test was 19.5 and I was hoping to be in the 18 range. He then was like well I'm 14 and women at 12 are fitness and show people ready to compete I said I know that and that I want to do that one day. He did my test and said here is your % it was 31.6% body fat!!!! No way in fucking hell was it that high, my late 2 test were 26% and 19.5%. I'm sure he was either being a smartass or really had no idea what he was doing and he's the mananger!! Oh I'm still pissed about it. I really want to know what I'm at now.... god that has me boiled up still

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 pm

I had that happen to me too, at the Lowry gym. It all depends on how the pinch, so it's not accurate. You'll really need to have the same person do it for you in order to get consistent results and have a reference to where you are. It's hard to really know accurately unless you do that water tank test which cost money.

I have calipers and can do it for you if you want - it'll at least give you consistency and a reference (I just need to remember where I put them!).

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 pm

OH!...and haven't told you lately, but you ARE a Skinny Mini, you know...
You do look absolutely GREAT!

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:42 pm

I looked up the water test because I am convinced it is the only accurate way to find out and they do it at the sports center at CSU in Ft Collins so I am going to email the chick for cost and all that. I really would like to know where I am . I researched the caliper test last night and there are so many different measuring methods that it can't be accurate.

I've told you before (as someone speaking from experience) to stop obsessing over the scale! I am 10 away from my original goal but if I ever get there I am going to have to hire someone to show me how (probably crossfit). At this point we need to be setting fitness goals and use that as a measurement. Start with getting a better run time. I am 28 minutes on my 5k now and want to be at 25 min by fall. Once I do that I will know I am stronger and more fit.

Just be realistic. You are a size 4!!!!!

P.S. If you starve your body and only "fuel up" for hikes your body will store extra fat in anticipation of the next big burn.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:12 pm

lharris wrote:
I've told you before (as someone speaking from experience) to stop obsessing over the scale! I am 10 away from my original goal but if I ever get there I am going to have to hire someone to show me how (probably crossfit). At this point we need to be setting fitness goals and use that as a measurement. Start with getting a better run time. I am 28 minutes on my 5k now and want to be at 25 min by fall. Once I do that I will know I am stronger and more fit.

Just be realistic. You are a size 4!!!!!

P.S. If you starve your body and only "fuel up" for hikes your body will store extra fat in anticipation of the next big burn.

She's absolutely right! Your body will store the food if you starve it instead of use it as fuel...And size 4?? Holy sexiness skinniness!

Seriously, do you want to be a size 4 at 137.25 lbs or size 6 at 130 lbs? I am at the same weight when I peaked a couple of years ago, but not as fit and about a half size bigger...

I know women can easily get caught up on the number on the scale, but where you're at, the number on the scale doesn't count for much as long as your fitness levels are improving, and measurements go in the right direction.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:31 pm

i would not say im really starving my self before a hike, and on friday i do try to eat a little more before sat and during the hike its what i need to fuel myself. im super happy im a 4 i don't think i have ever been that small in my adult life that i can remember and i am wondering a lot of things right now about the next step. i have added MCT oil to my diet as well and that is 100cal. a serving. but i think it is helping keep my muscle im building but i do think i need some more food on the days i am lifting, its just a tough game. i have been tracking my speed on the TM and i know i can up it but its like im afraid to over do it.... thanks ladies your all the best to help me feel better!!!!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:03 pm

I was told by a couple of people (they don't know each other) that for every 10 years you get older, expect a weight 'shift' of about 5 lbs. I guess I'm on track because if I look back at my 20's, I was 137 lbs. and I'm now 145. Smile (trying to be 143!).

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:55 pm

What foods are you eating while hiking? If you're fueling your body for exercise you shouldn't be gaining weight unless you're eating more than you're burning. Are the foods really calorically dense?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:10 pm

hiking day and whats in my pack
breakfast
2 hard boiled eggs and 1 slice of 45cal bread with light smart balance butter and light Morton salt.

1 pure protein bar heading up trail

lunch
2 slices 45cal bread all fruit jelly and adams natural unsalted peanut butter, just got some almond butter for tomorrow. and a fruit, i have cherries for tomorrow.
i also pack some turkey jerky but dont eat it everytime.

trail down
trail mix, yogurt chips dried cherries and good nuts. im packing light 1% string cheese for tomorrow so i do not eat as much trail mix.
and a G2 Gatorade the light ones

then dinner chicken or fish with a carb and veggies.

its the camping part that gets me cause then i have a drink or 2 and lindsay cooks tasty things i must eat. but really for what we burn it should not matter. i think its cause the diet im on has little added sodium and on hikes i add that in with the processed foods i really think its all in water gain.

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:18 pm

Just pig out tonight! We need fuel for tomorrow! I am going to Smashburger Laughing !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next