It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- Empty
PostSubject: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:39 pm

So yeah, i'm back Smile

And I was so happy to see threads like this! I guess i'll let you guys know some stuff that I don't think many people have heard (or read?) me talk about.

When I was younger I had no problems with weight, at all. I was toned and tall (at that time lol) and I don't think I began to have any issues until my parents got divorced. It was weird because it never "really" effected me. I mean I was upset, but I was more-so upset at the fact we had to leave our nice big house with the swimming pool. Really. That's all I cared about. But I was dragged from psychologist to psychologist to try to "unleash" my sadness (or something with more scientific words.) My grandparents would cook anything and everything for me and practically encourage me to eat and eat. It's like they were trying to remedy an issue/problem even though I really was fine. I began to associate my supposed feelings of sadness/anger/resentment ect. ect. ect. with food.

So i'm pretty sure that's where the eating became a problem. I would eat just to eat. I would eat when I was upset, bored, frustrated, mad whatever. I would eat for any reason. It was subconscious, half the time I didn't even realize I was doing it.

So here I am today. 5'4 and 180lbs. Wow. I don't think I've ever written that down. Or even talked about this. I've been to the doctor and while they're concerned about my weight... health-wise i'm fine. Normal blood pressure and low cholesterol. Something i'm very thankful for.

I've tried 13209484 billion diets. I can't stick to ANYTHING. I always have a "bad day" which sometimes leads to a "bad week" and then I just say screw it, and drop the whole "diet." But i'm trying to change that now. I have an app on my phone which helps me keep track of the calories I'm eating as well as how much I should eat throughout the day to maintain weight loss. I'm one of those people that can actually do really well counting calories. It's like a game to me. So that's what i'm going to try to do anyway.

Goals are:

160 by 7/15 Which is the day the last Harry Potter movie comes out. Planning to drive to Orlando to go to Wizarding World of Harry Potter and see the movie with a friend. I'm a total geek, I know! Laughing

Long term (not sure of date as I know it will take longer to get the weight off, the more I lose) is somewhere around 130-135lbs If you go by my height I "should" be 120lbs but I'm built with boobs and a butt so I don't think that's very practical Laughing

K let's do this now!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Kristina,
welcome back! we missed you Smile

weight wise your in the same boat as me and you have just an inch of height on me! with a super strict diet from Feb 13 till yesterday i went from 181 to 154.75. my goal for my height is also around the 120ish zone but im shooting for 130. its sad to say but i lost some boob sz with the weight Sad my ass is still hanging in there! when i did weight watchers the point counting was not that hard for me but im more about portion size and weighing things out this time around.
were here to keep each other on track!

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Glad to hear i'm not alone here, Jenn!

Oh no! Not my boobs! I love my boobs Sad Laughing

Portion control is really my weakness.. I don't ever eat fast food anymore but I always just eat way too much of "good" foods. Jeez. And it's not like i'm even that hungry most of the time... It just tastes to dam YUMMY.

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:24 pm

arooroomom wrote:

Portion control is really my weakness.. I don't ever eat fast food anymore but I always just eat way too much of "good" foods. Jeez. And it's not like i'm even that hungry most of the time... It just tastes to dam YUMMY.

yep that is/was my issue as well, healthy options just stuffing my self to much cause it was SO tasty. you would never find me at a fast food joint but i did love other on the go options like qdoba, einsteins, sandwich shops and pizza, and such. you have the age on your side so get it under control while your still young! hitting 30 sucks! i want to be "fit" well into old age.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Welcome back! Missed you!

I like my boobs too...and I'm sorry to say, boobs will get smaller when you lose weight. After all, they are fatty tissue...

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Welcome back, Kristina! We've missed you!

I'm glad we have a whole crew here with similar issues, help and advice.

I went through a brief period for about a year after I moved out of my parents' house and was living on my own in an apartment going to college full time and working part time. Needless to say I was eating complete junk, anything that was heavy on the stomach and could be quickly popped in the microwave or toaster. I started packing on the pounds and jumped from a pants size 2 to a pant size 9. I also saw my bust size increase as well.

When I finally started cooking a year later and eating healthier I dropped from a pants size 9 down to a size 6. And yes, you guessed it the boobs got smaller too. lol

But really, it wouldn't be healthy to have a huge bust if the rest of your body was not proportional. It would be a strain on your back and be uncomfortable.

I eat when I am bored too, but the thing is I pay attention to it and really ask myself, am I actually hungry or am I just wanting to eat because I have nothing better to do. If the answer is because I'm bored then I make sure I find something to do even if it's as simple as surfing the internet or playing a video game or if I'm too lazy to do that then I'll grab a stick of gum or a pen cap and chew on that. lol

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
If the answer is because I'm bored then I make sure I find something to do even if it's as simple as surfing the internet or playing a video game or if I'm too lazy to do that then I'll grab a stick of gum or a pen cap and chew on that. lol

haha i have been chewing on the straw of my fresh brewed ice-tea all day cause i lifted today and im hungry and forgot my bread for lunch Sad dang does your body need carbs!!!! just had a protein shake with FF milk, should hold me over till dinner.

Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:18 pm

WELCOME BACK!!!!

I give you all so much credit. My weight has been up and down all of my life. Unfortunately, I am in a up swing right now. You ladies are inspiring me to come clean and maybe actually talk about it.....well maybe (don't know if I'm ready yet). But it is great when you know your not alone.

Keep up the good work! Maybe we'll do some laps at our next meet up Wink
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Dee&Frankie wrote:

Keep up the good work! Maybe we'll do some laps at our next meet up Wink

Haha Dee! I'm in! Chase the huskies for a good 30min and you'll burn off like 1000 calories..LOL!! I'm not kidding though. I'll run around with them. It should be fun! LOL
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Oh, and Kristina...WELCOME BACK!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sarahu
Newborn
Newborn
sarahu

Female Join date : 2011-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Kristina- I went to HP in Orlando last summer (Im a big book nerd too especially when it comes to HP) and it was greattt!!! youll enjoy it alot!

And since were on this subject of weight gain/loss Ill throw it out there Id like to lose some weight too I dont understand Im a D1 swimmer all I do is work out yet Ive gained a lot of weight in the last 2 years and cant seem to shake it off. As soon as my exams are over next week Im going to get back into training mode for some 10k 's and triathalons....hopefully Ill see some results. But I have terrible eating habits too and I know it, I stress eat and I get into bad routines of limiting myself so much and then eating huge meals in one sitting. And its a big cycle of guilt, I feel bad about something so I eat and typically bad food and then feel guilty for eating that stuff and it just continues....ughhh.

But good luck to everyone trying to get fit and healthy!
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:36 pm

cmanding wrote:

I like my boobs too...and I'm sorry to say, boobs will get smaller when you lose weight. After all, they are fatty tissue...

i wish that would happen for me Sad i've lost 40 and NOTHING upstairs has disappeared Sad having back problems, large boobs aren't a very nice thing!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:12 pm

cmanding wrote:

So, if I barely have any now, does that mean they will dissappear when I lose weight???? pale

Welcome back Kristina!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:32 pm

sarahu wrote:
But I have terrible eating habits too and I know it, I stress eat and I get into bad routines of limiting myself so much and then eating huge meals in one sitting. And its a big cycle of guilt, I feel bad about something so I eat and typically bad food and then feel guilty for eating that stuff and it just continues....ughhh.

That's exactly it! This year actually in an English class we had a group project and my group got stuck with eating disorders. Everyone picked the simple ones (you know... anorexia and bulimia) and left me to find a third. And I guess there's this thing called "binge eating disorder" which is characterized by the terrible guilt feeling after eating and then trying to "make up" for it by severe restriction.

Freaked me out initially (OMG I HAVE A DISORDER-ish) but I mean if you breathe the wrong way they've got it characterized as a disorder so I stopped freaking.

Thanks guys, I missed you all! But I needed the time away, i've been a moping crying mess! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:30 am

HUGS To EVERYONE !!~
I been Here for Soooo many Years it isnt Even Funny Anymore .. i Hit My breaking point when I was 26 Yrs Old 272 Lbs @ 5'2" Crying or Very sad i had 4 kids and i was Bigger Than a 26 Pants.. It was And is Discusting .. i Couldnt Play with Them Kids Of Mine i was too Lazy to Move .. I Straight up Needed help ... I Cut aLL Soda All Tea .. Crystal Light Is Ur BEST FRIEND !~ Gym 1 Hr 4x a Week @ LEAST (Or Husky Runs ) bounce .
I Am Currently 154 Lbs !!!!~ Smile I COuldnt Be Happier In My Life The Changes Were All WELL Worth It !~ My Boobs Started out @ 44F... I Am Currently a 32 D... I Was Sad About The Boobs .. But Soo Much Happier Now .. Smile I Want To Loose 15 More Lbs And Stay @ 140 .. Thats My Goals for Now .. I have alot of Tips And Advise If Anyone Is Interested .. I Did EVERYTHING SAfe .. And very Cost Effective Wink Im A Mommy Of 4 Kids N Furbabies Soo .. Not Much extra To Pay for SIlly Classes ! .. Everyone Staick to it .. And Remember YOUR NOT On A Diet ... Your Changing ur Life STyle ..
And As Well The More Often Ueat ..(small Amounts ) The More U Loose .. Everytime You take a Bite of Something It Sends ur Body Into a metabolism Burn =)
bounce
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:49 am

Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- 30810_397667063123_733943123_4366957_4944664_n-2-1 a pix of Almost My Biggest Till Current .. A WAYS to go But Tryin Everyday Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Wow Jenni, that is some inspiration there! fantastic job!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:34 pm

jbealer wrote:
Wow Jenni, that is some inspiration there! fantastic job!

Wow! Way to go!!!
BIG inspiration!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:49 pm

That is amazing, Jenni! I would love to hear some of your tips!

Question for all you guys, are sandwiches a healthy choice for lunch? More specifically, a sandwich with 2 slices of oatmeal bread (I don't like whole wheat), mayo made with canola oil, and 3-4 slices of lean turkey or ham? Or would a small salad with a little ranch dressing be a better light lunch than a sandwich?

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks Its a Struggle Everyday But im Up for The Challenge .. I Always Tell Ppl The Huskies Were Part Of my Weightloss Plan Wink

I Dont Do Sandwiches Cuz i See Bread Carbs as Evil .. and if its Lunchmeat on it Most are High In Sodium and AInt Good for You . id say Salad Over a Sand. I Love BANana's I Think Im Part Monkey LOL .. !
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:32 pm

sara lee has a great 45cal bread line and i eat a slice in the morning and one with dinner. now if you cooked up some chicken and then shredded it up with some olive oil mayo it would be ok as well.
Jenni, not sure if you read Vals thread but she is really trying to get "better" even if it is not what we think as the healthily-est yet... its still better then chips and BBcups Wink (just busting on ya Val! i still love you) if you do a salad try to get some protein in it as well

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 2:17 pm

I love the Sara Lee 45 cal bread!!

I'd opt for salad for lunch too! Did you know you could eat a whole bag of those salad mixes, and consume under 50 calories? Olive oil and balsamic vinegar are my favorite dressings...especially if you get flavored ones: Orange Olive Oil with Cinnamon-Pear balsamic makes a GREAT salad dressing!!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 2:32 pm

cmanding wrote:
I love the Sara Lee 45 cal bread!!

I'd opt for salad for lunch too! Did you know you could eat a whole bag of those salad mixes, and consume under 50 calories? Olive oil and balsamic vinegar are my favorite dressings...especially if you get flavored ones: Orange Olive Oil with Cinnamon-Pear balsamic makes a GREAT salad dressing!!

Those sound so good!

I would stay away from the Ranch Val. It used to be my favorite and when I looked at the calories and fat content...WOAHHH!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Thanks guys!

You're right Jenn, even a sandwich would be better than what I eat now. lol When you say add a protein, do you mean something like chicken breast? I normally load my salads down with ranch dressing, potato strings, croutons, bacon bits, cubed ham, and cheese. I figured that made the salad no longer healthy so that I should cut back to just the dressing. confused Are you catching just how bad my eating habits are yet? Razz

Claudia and Melissa, I'm really picky about foods and the only salad dressings that I like are ranch and caeser. And I do NOT like the "lite" or fat free versions either...trust me, if I don't like it I won't eat it. But I have stopped pouring the salad dressing over my salad and instead put my dressing in a little bowl on the side and just barely dip the lettuce in the dressing. It cuts my dressing consumption WAY down as I just put enough to get a little bit of taste. My salads just consist of romaine lettuce, carrots and ranch dressing currently. So would you say that ranch or caeser dressing is healthier?

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:29 pm

I think ranch is a tiny bit healthier,but not by much at all..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- Empty

Back to top Go down

Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next