It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Thanks Shannon. Oh lordy I don't need to lose weight at all, my goal is to replace what fat I have with muscle. Now I really want to bring on the protein!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:39 am

Protein builds and maintains muscle.
Muscle burns fat.
More muscle, more fat burned.

Lean proteins, girlfriend!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 8:38 am

AND protein helps to fill you up while working on those muscles! lol
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:14 am

I don't know about you guys but protein keeps me full!

And Val, I get peanut butter cravings sometimes and usually I can fix that with some PB on celery. It's yummy Smile

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:24 pm

arooroomom wrote:
And Val, I get peanut butter cravings sometimes and usually I can fix that with some PB on celery. It's yummy Smile

That's a great idea Kristina! Doesn't PB have protein in it too?

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Peanuts and peanut butter have a ton of protein. Of course nuts are healthier than PB, but everything in moderation is the key. PB and apples or celery is a great snack Smile

weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:47 pm

Oh, PB and apples are even better! Thanks for that suggestion Tori! Man, now I need to get some apples.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Oh yummm! I used to have PB and apples all the time as a snack and I completely forgot about that combination! I'm buying some apples today! Speaking of PB...I made this soup last night and it was AWESOME!

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potato_peanut_bisque.html

Only thing is that I didn't put 3 cups of the tomato vegetable juice. I only used 2. It seemed like too much of it. It was yummy! Having some for lunch today =)
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Natural PB = ingredients are: Roasted Peanuts....that's it!
Love, love it!

But what I do like even better than that is Almond Butter! (if you like almonds).

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Val,
Do you like eggs? its always good to have some hard boiled eggs around to snack on for protein!
and go with the natural PB Adams is really good.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:10 pm

I like scrambled eggs only, I can't even get hard boiled egg down. Ewww! I told you I was picky! lol

Didn't know there were different types of PB, I always buy creamy Jif. Is that not 'natural'?

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

Didn't know there were different types of PB, I always buy creamy Jif. Is that not 'natural'?

You'll see other stuff in Jif for ingredients. Not to say it's bad...
I just like the stuff that has 1 ingredient = Roasted Peanuts (or Roasted Almonds in my Almond Butter).

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Val, you crack me up!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Obviously I have a LOT to learn!

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:41 am

Weigh in this morning:
175.6lbs

4.6lbs lost total and 1.6lbs lost this week and I already feel better! My face looks thinner and i'm a happy camper this morning Smile

I've been having a chobani greek yogurt ( I HATE plain- must have fruit flavors!) mixed with some Back to Nature granola in the morning as breakfast... loaded with protein and fiber keeps me full for a LONG time!

Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:18 am

Congrats!!
I LOVE Chobani greek yogurt!!!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:19 am

Congrats!

weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:10 pm

GOOO KRISTINA!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:13 pm

Great Job! im doing the "plain" GY but i add fresh fruit to it, so far my fav. is raspberries

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Can I creep in on this thread, too? I'm not a small girl (well, short, but not petite by any means...), realistically, I need to drop somewhere between 60-70 pounds. I've been working with a trainer friend for a little over a year, and while I haven't made any massive losses, I've increased my flexibility, endurance, and strength. I can do things that would have crumpled me into a sweaty, blubbering mass a year ago, but I'm still roughly the same size (I've gone from 18 pants to 16).

My Achilles' heel is also food. I eat good stuff for the most part, but I know I eat WAAAAAAYYY too much of it. I think part of my problem is my hubby bikes 100 miles a week and eats like a horse - when I make a meal, I usually make enough to serve 4-6, he eats about 2/3 and I wipe out the rest of whatever it is because I'm awful with leftovers. I also really suck at sticking to a plan. If I have a reasonable, responsible lunch packed and in the fridge, with snacks for the day, I forget it about 75% of the time when I am leaving in the morning.

Anyone here seen Clean Eating magazine? LOTS of good stuff in there, interesting flavor combos, all sorts of amazing health/nutrition info... I aspire to "eat clean" like that, but I fail... miserably, terribly, awfully bad. :-(
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:48 pm

Kate i'm in the same boat! My ex bf used to work construction and would come home starving. I'd always cook so much and then would just finish off whatever he hadn't shoved on his plate. Top it off i'm Italian and all my family does is cook with lots of yummy delicious (and usually grossly high calorie) items and they always cooked a LOT.

Stupid food! You should not taste so good!

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Weigh in this morning: 174.8 lbs

Which is only a .8lb loss for this week but i've been at the gym a lot so i'm contributing that to muscle gain Smile

So yay!

Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Nice work, Kristina!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:00 pm

That's awesome, Kristina!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Yay Kristina! bounce

I don't think I mentioned this on FB, but in the pics that Maria posted your face looks so much thinner!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-   weight - Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.- - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kristina and the wonderful world of weight loss -.-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next