It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Keno has Cancer-RIP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 4:40 pm

6, going on 7, years ago I picked keno up at a local very overcrowded shelter. He was sick and the shelter wasn't keeping up with their animals. He wasn't as they had advertised but I didn't have the heart to leave him once meeting him. He had never navigated stairs and he didn't know what a dog treat was or that he was supposed to take it when I offered it to him. He wanted to be first to everything and he loved everyone. He had a knack for knowing when someone needed a friend and could make even the most depressed or angry person crack a smile and give him belly rubs. In his 6 years with us he hiked in 7 states and covered countless miles.

We said goodbye to keno last night. He was 9 years old. The fluid buildup on his leg around the cancer ruptured yesterday morning and dealing with an open wound was just not the right thing to do by him so I made the call and our vet got us in. He was a trooper and a happy dog to the end giving all the vet techs a big smile and tail wags on our way in. We buried him in the orchard where he can guard the trees from the deer he enjoyed attempting to chase. One thing I can thank covid for is being able to spend these last several months working from home so I could soak up the last moments of him snoring at my feet. His pain is gone now, ours will take a bit longer to dull though.

Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 124822839_10225052398725100_4687858714718412710_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=9cF9uXIME8oAX-_bSWr&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 125186946_10225052399325115_3738951018335673317_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=BXUynz61otsAX9qqi8J&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 124489164_10225052399565121_6581859285893787449_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ld0qSADBF90AX9bil0S&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 125173231_10225052399845128_7903787198250896037_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=c7fKTcctkb0AX8brsor&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 13522962_10210393392459105_1196177635388907267_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=OwhbIL9B5agAX9HCOO2&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 12184969_10208466950979272_7702455302215329957_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=174925&_nc_ohc=O2-ck6wOP_QAX_N4c_u&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Teenager
Teenager
Shepsky13

Male Join date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Oh, so sorry to hear this!

It sounds like he had a wonderful life once you adopted him and was very much loved, and you did everything you could do help him feel comfortable during the growth of his cancer...a dog could not ask for more...

Thank you for sharing photos of his happy times!

Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 5:45 pm

So sad
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2020 7:31 pm

I'm so sorry but there reaches a time when we have to let them go ... little do they know how much of our hearts they take with them. Thank you for taking the time with Keno to give him a good, happy life; he may not have been what you expected, but it sounds like he was what you and he needed.

And finally, thanks for the pictures ... we've seen some of them over time but the past months haven't been the happy ones and I think we need reminding that it wasn't always like this.

Sasha and I take it one day at a time; sometimes she looks at me like "Dad, I'm tired." and sometimes it's "I can't do those steps again." but its funny, with me beside her, not even holding her, she makes it up and then there are days where she eats breakfast and goes out and chases rabbits ... not that she even comes close to catching them but she tries!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 am

Jenn, hugs to you. I remember when you brought Keno home and the many happy times with him. Thank you for the happy pictures of him. I'm glad you had these past several months at home with him.

RIP Keno. You were loved.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 14, 2020 6:33 am

I’m so sorry! It’s heart breaking losing them and how much of a gap is left behind💕 love to you all and I’ll keep you in my prayers🐾 rest in peace Keno🐾💕
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Jenn, i am so sorry for your loss of Keno. you all did so much for him and he knew it. He is running free now and will always be by your side.

Hugs to you and your family.

Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 11:13 am

Thanks guys. My husband is really struggling. We did the deed Thursday and then I left Friday afternoon to hunt and was gone all weekend so he was there alone with the other two dogs. He's starting to go and do other things now rather than just sitting around the house rehashing every memory of keno with every item in the living room. Kenzi is looking for him a bit still. Sleeping by the door as if waiting for him. We've been getting them out and trying to let them see some new spots. It's been good to let their brain process something different. It's good for Lee as well. One day at a time. The house is quieter without him. I need to get grass growing over the grave. Think that would help a little with hubby's weepiness when in the orchard or walking to the shop since you can see it from there.

PostSubject: Re: Keno has Cancer-RIP   Keno has Cancer-RIP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keno has Cancer-RIP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2