It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hi! I hope we are welcome :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi! I hope we are welcome :)   Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 10:47 pm

Coydogs are legal. Mostly they look like agouti huskies with sharp facial features. Huskies seem to be the breed they get mixed with mostly.

On the east coast of the usa most coyotes are actually a mix of coyote dog and wolf. Its evolution basically of the next level of canines.
Back to top Go down
bellalove656
Newborn
Newborn
bellalove656

Female Join date : 2020-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi! I hope we are welcome :)   Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi all! I wanted to update you guys, Mila is about 7 months old in these photos. She is turning into quite the beauty. She is about 24" tall and 52.4 lbs. We also got her embark results back too. She is 30.4% Siberian Husky, 22.7% Great Dane, 12.1% Alaskan Malamute, 11.5% Australian Cattle Dog, 10.8% Border Collie, 4.7% German Shepherd Dog, and 7.8% supermutt. When she meets people, everyone asks if she's either part wolf or coyote. I imagine it's because she's tall and the brindle blending into the white is pretty unique and creates a very cool effect. She loves the snow and after looking at her photos of her on the balcony during our tahoe trip, i decided to throw her purple harness on her so people knew she was a pet if she somehow managed an escape. She looks stunning in the snow until she started playing like a pup and pouncing around, it was adorable though! Definitely wasn't getting cold so the husky blood must run deep haha

Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 20210111
Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 20210112
Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 20210110
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi! I hope we are welcome :)   Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 4:57 pm

Ah, she's a beautiful dog, not quite what we're used to seeing in the Husky crowd but I'd tell you to feel free to post more pictures.

In the wild, yep, I'd definitely make sure she has something that stands out (like your harness) or some fool who thinks he a hunter is apt to take a pot shot at her.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Hi! I hope we are welcome :)   Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 pm

Shes stunning but i wouldnt mistake her for a wolf or a coyote. She looks alot like a husky/dingo i used to dog sit for. And while not so common on this group where i live ww see alot of husky mixes that you would swear have no husky in them. Also the puppybowl had a huge amount of sibe/staffie crosses and mostly they all looked like pitbulls.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Hi! I hope we are welcome :)   Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 6:41 pm

Over the summer when the fires were bad one of the hotshot crews saw squirts head in the back and thought she was a bear cub....in my truck, lol. Dont know if it was the altitude or they inhaled too much smoke.
Back to top Go down
bellalove656
Newborn
Newborn
bellalove656

Female Join date : 2020-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi! I hope we are welcome :)   Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 6:51 pm

Oh wow! Mila does have a dingo shape!

Aww, I bet that was a great convo. You should have said yep, this is my bear cub it stays smallish and walks like a dog 🤣
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi! I hope we are welcome :)   Hi! I hope we are welcome :) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi! I hope we are welcome :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2