It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My GSD and the news kittens, need help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Copperhusky
Newborn
Newborn
Copperhusky

My GSD and the news kittens, need help. Empty
PostSubject: My GSD and the news kittens, need help.   My GSD and the news kittens, need help. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 12:00 pm

So i got 2 news kittens becuase my cat passed away in January this month. So ironically my husky is better with the cats then my GSD and my GSD is too rough. He is over 100 pounds i think size may be scaring them. We have to keep the cats and him separate.
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My GSD and the news kittens, need help.   My GSD and the news kittens, need help. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2022 1:07 pm

While I have no cats / kittens at the moment, I've always made sure that the felines always have an escape from the canines.  I have a gate between the back part of my house where the cats have free run separating it from the living portion where the dogs have free run.  When the kittens are comfortable then they parade through the gate to examine the outside world and then beat a hasty retreat when they fond it's not as friendly as they hoped.

You can't force them to get along, that's a "no win" situation from the get-go.  What you can offer is the opportunity to co-exist.  If the kittens don't feel comfortable then they'll just stay in their part of the house.  Most dogs will realize in short order that the cats have an advantage in their claws and try for an amicable resolution - some dogs never will.  You say that your cat passed away in January and both your dogs (from your PitaPata) would have been around the older cat.  If they lived together then I'd just keep the cats separated in a way that lets them investigate and become comfortable with their rambunctious older brother.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: My GSD and the news kittens, need help.   My GSD and the news kittens, need help. EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 1:09 am

My gsd is fine with cats but has killed 3 kittens. And i have a husky/wolf that loves all baby animals and cats and squirt who kills whatever she can get her teeth on.

@aljones what happened to bc
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My GSD and the news kittens, need help.   My GSD and the news kittens, need help. EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 10:24 am

Lostmaniac wrote:

@aljones what happened to bc

She disappeared, I have to presume either a hawk or owl. She was great as far as being an inside cat then one day she went out and decided she wasn't coming back inside ... ever.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My GSD and the news kittens, need help.   My GSD and the news kittens, need help. Empty

Back to top Go down

My GSD and the news kittens, need help.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1