It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Drooling with a bad smell...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Drooling with a bad smell... Empty
PostSubject: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Yesterday I noticed Mishka was drooling. They never drool (I can't stand dogs who do, so I would have certainly noticed this before) and so I opened Mishkas mouth and it smelled gross but no more disgusting than after they eat something nasty like Iguana feces (I know i'm sorry, so gross!) but there haven't been any around since the cold snap. I wiped out her mouth and it was tinged red. I freaked out and jacked open her mouth, on the roof of her mouth there's this spot. It's like a white oval thing... I don't know what in the heck it is. I felt it with my finger and it's a little bumpy but it's not a bump (if that makes sense?)

So of course I freaked out and jumped online... and freaked myself out even more. I can't get her to the vet until at Friday at the soonest. She's normal though, eating fine, drinking fine, not pawing at her mouth, running playing... So I ran out to Whole foods and got some coconut oil and she was more than happy to eat that. I'm going to just watch her until Friday but i'm panicking here Sad

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Maybe she ate or chewed something that irritated the crap out of the top of her mouth?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Hmm, I have no idea hun. Hope it's nothing serious. I'm eager to hear what the vet says at your appt tomorrow. The vet couldn't offer any possible explanations to help put your mind at ease in the meantime?

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Heather that's what i'm thinking because I just went and looked at it again and it looks pink like if she ate something hot and it burned the top of her mouth or was chewing something and it scraped the top of her mouth.

Unfortunately no Val, they said we don't know bring her in tomorrow... Sad

Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Yellow jackets? Or some other sort of stingy fly-ee thing?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:41 pm

poor Mishka, i hope she just ate something that cut her mouth and got it infected.... have you checked around to see what she could have gotten into? can you do a salt water mix for dogs like we do if we have a cut in our mouth?.... hope nothing happens till you get to the vet. at least she seems to be acting normal.

Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 pm

The drooling makes me think her mouth might feel numb, so maybe some sort of insect sting? Bad smell is kind of throwing me off though. Hope it all turns out ok.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:54 pm

Oh no Mishka! I hope it's nothing too serious! What time is your appointment tomorrow? At least she's acting normal so that's a good sign.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 pm

She's not much of a bee catcher, that's more Cheyenne. Well i've been wiping her mouth out at least once an hour and I opened it to check the spot again and there's a little blood coming from it so I think that's the culprit which makes me feel better a little. I gave her a shot of ACV earlier which she did NOT appreciate and gave me the nastiest look i've ever gotten Sad She's so crabby when I fuss over her.

The appointment is at 4pm tomorrow. Hopefully it's just something easy like a round of antibiotics.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:27 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Heather that's what i'm thinking because I just went and looked at it again and it looks pink like if she ate something hot and it burned the top of her mouth or was chewing something and it scraped the top of her mouth.

Unfortunately no Val, they said we don't know bring her in tomorrow... Sad

When I was sick from my ketones being out of wack and throwing up vile every 5 minutes, it burned the roof of my mouth and it was inflammed and pink and "bumpy" feeling.. so I wouldn't be surprised at all if that is it.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:22 pm

poor mishka Sad i hope it's nothing serious
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:09 pm

So this morning was giving her some coconut oil and ACV... Went to wipe her mouth and I see next to her tongue a huge red mass. This was NOT there yesterday! So i'm freaking out again and called the vet hysterical crying... They said it's no problem bring her right in. So i'm driving there and of course there's some huge motorcycle accident in the intersection where I need to turn so i'm driving like a crazy person to find the back entrance (The vet is where a lot of Yacht repair yards are so not every street goes through) Mishka is in the backseat panting really heavily only adding to my freaked-out-
ness (OMG SHE'S GOING TO CHOKE ON HER FREAKING TONGUE OMG OMG OMG)

We get there finally and we're waiting for a room to open since we didn't have an appointment. Some guy comes over to Mishka and she's growling and barking (which she only does when she's really scared or not feeling herself.) We get into a room and the tech comes in takes her temp (normal!) and weight. A few minutes later our vet comes in and after looking her over for a few says it's most likely an abscess we'll culture it to be sure. He gave her an anti-inflammatory shot and some pills to take home (antibiotics and anti-inflammatorys) said it should be at least half the size within a day or 2. And if not to call him right away.

So whew. My dog is not dying thank GOD. It's been a rough morning...

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:29 pm

oh man i think that would have freaked me out to! glad the vet was not overly concerned and i hope the meds kick in soon and you hear back about the test soon, did he say how long it would take?

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm

omg Kristina! That would have totally freaked me out!!! So she still has it? Is she breathing normal again? Poor Mishka!!! I'm glad it's nothing too serious and I hope that it goes away SOON!!!

Are you still taking her to the meet up or leaving her home?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Yeah she still has it. She's breathing normal now, I have her penned up in the kitchen. Which she isn't happy about but Cheyenne keeps wanting to lick her freaking face and her mouth... Ugh.

No, she's not going to come. I'm going to bring Seamus though so you get to meet him Smile Is Mya coming? Or is she staying home too?

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Yayyyy Seamus!!! I love you

Nope, Mya isn't coming. I'm going to give her a nice long walk and let her chase the hose around the yard for a while and that should tire her out. Then I'll walk her again after I get back from the meet up. My mom might come with me again and bring her new 4 month old golden retriever =)
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Aw yay puppy time!

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:57 pm

She's so cute!!! This was about 3 weeks ago when they first got her and brought her to my house to meet Mya and Kody. Of course, Kody went nuts over her. He like thinks she's for him..LOL

Drooling with a bad smell... P7230477
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm so glad she's ok!

Now I'm really not happy about working tomorrow (even though it's with my second favorite, horses). I am going to miss meeting Seamus and puppy Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Oh no, you have to work! I missed seeing you at the last Davie meet up! I was like "where's Denise and Frankie?" Sad Unfortunately, I can't make it to the Boca meet ups. It's way too far. Sucks! Hopefully next month we'll see each other!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:13 pm

aww poor Mishka Sad I would've been freaking out too! glad it's nothing too bad!

gross Cheyenne, that's so gross! lol!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:27 pm

We're gonna miss you both Denise!

And I know Jennet, she's so disgusting. lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drooling with a bad smell...   Drooling with a bad smell... Empty

Back to top Go down

Drooling with a bad smell...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1