It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

It's A Husky Thing Calendar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

It's A Husky Thing Calendar Empty
PostSubject: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I know there is definitely going to be enough interest to make this calendar worthwhile for us and another deserving rescue, but I need a volunteer to take it on.

The idea was that the HOTM winner from each month (starting with the first competition in August 2010-July 2011) would be featured on each month and the other entries will be showcased in a smaller fashion on the page. We now have 12 months worth of entries, so I need to know if someone can take this on because I simply do not have the time.

This person would need to compile the calendar (vistaprint, cafepress, or walmart would even work), advertise and collect the money for it, then order and ship the calendars out as well as make the donation to the rescue that we vote on.

If you are interested in taking this on, please PM me.

Thanks!
~Tori

It's A Husky Thing Calendar Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:46 pm

i think Heather with her mad sig. skills would rock a lay out for the calender!!!

just saying....

i could help with locating a place to print them at or help in other ways but i do not have the time to take it all on.

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Jenn, if you can help figure out printing (as in would we use something premade online and just add a photo, or could we do everything from scratch and just have a printing company used to print 13-14 pages <- preferred) then I can do the rest. However if I do it you do have to understand that I am extremely OCD- I DO think that if we use the huskies of the month, that there needs to be a requirement that the photo used is of GOOD quality(no cellphones or crappy grainy pics), uneditted and not resized so I can do that all myself. We could do other members' dogs in little squares at the bottom or in th calendar boxes[iffy pics would be OK there as I can enhance them enough to where if they are small they are not noticibly bad quality). I will be sitting on my butt until December so I don't have anything to do. I just do not want to figure out the printing company or anything, I like the fun aspects, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:04 pm

I was honestly thinking that the HOTM picture would be the BIG picture and the other ones would be scattered in a small way around the border. I think all the HOTM pics are of decent quality.

Heather- I agree that I think you'd be the best person Smile You've got a ROCKIN artistic eye Smile

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:56 pm

http://www.custombuiltcalendars.com/Home.html
found this place if we order 25 they cost $12 each B4 we add the rescue donation. can't figure out how to view the layouts unless you do a quote.

cafepress is $13.50

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:19 pm

I've done one from Vistaprint before. Pictures came out nice but I used my DSLR pics for it.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Koda wrote:
I was honestly thinking that the HOTM picture would be the BIG picture and the other ones would be scattered in a small way around the border. I think all the HOTM pics are of decent quality.

That's what I meant. All the photos are fine quality but I would need the originals(as in straight off the cam- no editing, no resizing), as the sizing will not work for a main photo.

Keep in mind, if we don't do something front scratch (AKA have an independent print company, not a site that has premade layouts) the bottom will be plain and I can't stick any additional photos. I could put squares of little photos at the bottom of the main photo but could get tacky depending.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Used both Walmart and Vista Print for calenders both were good but Vista Print was better.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm

http://www.vistaprint.com/photo-calendars.aspx?pfid=389&xnav=LeftItem&xnid=_WallCalendars&rd=2#here

if we ordered 10 they come to 11.40 each. the biggest question is is everyone that has won a HOTM still active here?

those of you that are here and have won do you have a high res pic you could send to heather to use?

i guess we could fill the inactive members with collage pics that month...

i think to make this easier for next year we should have everyone that wins up load the high res pic to a IAHT photobucket account for us to pull from.
what do you all think?

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:58 pm

I think that's a great suggestion, Jenn! Smile

Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Is this still a yearly event? I would love to have one!
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Made my own up and ordered it up thru www.VistaPrint.com pretty easy to do just takes a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:48 am

Len,
Starting with this months winner I will be collecting all the HOTM winner pics in full res so we can do a calander this yr! Since we will pick dec. Winner eairly in the month I think that will give time to make and order them

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:36 pm

if you need help with editing/cropping/adjusting contrast, etc. let me know - I have software to enhance/edit pictures.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:38 pm

thanks for the offer claudia! im sure we can team up and make it look great!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:07 pm

As you collect the pictures for each month, send them to me, and I'll get them edited/enhanced - that way, it's a work in progress and we can take our time working on it each month. This will help toward the end so that it's just a matter of getting it ordered (and maybe a few layout details to review) instead of trying to everything toward the end.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 pm

cmanding wrote:
As you collect the pictures for each month, send them to me, and I'll get them edited/enhanced - that way, it's a work in progress and we can take our time working on it each month. This will help toward the end so that it's just a matter of getting it ordered (and maybe a few layout details to review) instead of trying to everything toward the end.

thats what i was thinking

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:06 pm

I think Cafe Press will do only one photo for each month. Kodak Gallery will allow several pictures per each month, allowing you to design each month's layout. Otherwise, it would be custom where I lay out each month and we take it to the printer. (But those are just the 2 I briefly checked out as far as calendar places online).

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:36 pm

Don't get your hopes up to high with Kodak they'll probably be bankrupt no longer in business by the end of the year.

Walmart allowed several pics per month if you wanted it that way. They printed the calender on pretty sturdy stock too.

Oh yeah and Claudia does great work on making leashes disappear.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Don't get your hopes up to high with Kodak they'll probably be bankrupt no longer in business by the end of the year.
Why do you say that?

Here4thePics wrote:
Oh yeah and Claudia does great work on making leashes disappear.
Razz

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Walmart allowed several pics per month if you wanted it that way. They printed the calender on pretty sturdy stock too.
I normally don't like to advocate going to Walmart, but I have to vouch for their photo quality. We use them for our annual "Cousins Calendar" that we give to our grandma and the quality is excellent. I get all my photos printed from there as well.

The calendars are $15. You can order them and have them print at your local Walmart (ie- no shipping costs). So if we had Claudia or Jenn make them, then what we can do is have everyone Paypal $5 to one of us, then once the money is received, we send them the link to the Calendar and they can order it on their own at their convenience. That way they "pay $20" for the calendar, and $5 goes to the charity of our choice.

Does that make sense? I think it'd be much easier than trying to order all of them and ship them out.

Last edited by Koda on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:29 pm

cmanding wrote:
Here4thePics wrote:
Why do you say that?

Here4thePics wrote:
Razz

Kodak is big news here in western NY as its less then an hour away, so even when Antonio Perez breaks wind we hear about it. The biggest reason though is that Kodak just plain FAILED to keep up with the digital wave of photography. They may be credited with inventing digital photography but I think they just thought it would just be a passing phase and everyone would come back to film. Now they are only staying alive by selling patent rights to the many things their engineers developed ( ) over the years. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought Kodak would die, great place to work, great pay scale, and the city of Rochester, NY diamond on Lake Ontario's shore. Prime example of poor management not knowing what and when to do things.

Go to Rochester NY, Craigslist, Rant and Raves section to see what Rochester's people think of the situation but be warned the language might not be to your liking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's A Husky Thing Calendar   It's A Husky Thing Calendar Empty

Back to top Go down

It's A Husky Thing Calendar

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1