It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

take a ride with Jack in the car

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

jack - take a ride with Jack in the car Empty
PostSubject: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:12 pm

this is only 43 min, he does this the ENTIRE car ride to where ever we are going no matter how many hours!!!! enjoy my hell!

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:22 pm

WAHH BLAH BLAH! ARRRRRMMM WAH BLAH BLAH! lol

Mine just lay down and go to sleep as soon as we get on the highway lol!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Poor Jack! At least mine aren't vocal, though Ghost HATES riding in my car. She's cool with Aaron's, but I think the noise from my engine scares her.

Is Sierra at least good in the car?

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

jack - take a ride with Jack in the car 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 pm

arooroomom wrote:

Mine just lay down and go to sleep as soon as we get on the highway lol!

that is what Sierra is doing!!!!

Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm

Too funny! I think he's either telling you that he's excited or dying...
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:04 pm

lmao embry does the same freaking thing, it drives me completely insane.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm

I totally feel your pain!!! Kody for you! Very frustrating jack - take a ride with Jack in the car 85993
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:00 pm

OMG! I'd slap him! lol. Siku used to whine in the car, but doesn't do it as much anymore (maybe from us yelling at her so much for doing it!).

jack - take a ride with Jack in the car Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:18 pm

Will a crate fit in your car? Wonder if he was crated if he would settle down?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Oh my lawdy lawd Jack! Laughing I hate high pitched noises, I would die! Koda's is as high as I can take.. both of the dogs just lay down and fall asleep right when they get in the car!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:28 pm

beck3465 wrote:
Will a crate fit in your car? Wonder if he was crated if he would settle down?
i think that would just make it worse! he is fine on the way home as the car ride usually involves a hike or trip to the dog park and then he is worn out! but yesterday after 2hrs of running around he still screamed on the drive home Rolling Eyes

oh ken yells when he is in the car with us but it does no good. i have tuned it out or sometimes i just talk to him and laugh! i get looks from people in cars next to us at red lights!

Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 pm

LOL Zander does the same thing. Or did. The more often he was in the car, the quicker he settled down.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Lyzelle wrote:
LOL Zander does the same thing. Or did. The more often he was in the car, the quicker he settled down.
we are in the car every week for the last 2.5yrs and he has not settled down!

claudia have you let JD watch this yet?

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:59 pm

Holy hell, Jenn. I couldn't do it. At minimum there would be a muzzle. Jack embarrasses the hell out of me when people start emerging from their tents at ungodly hours of the day. Ridik whines under his breath for the last 15 minutes of every drive, but that's the extent of it until he hears Jack going nuts. Lindsay keeps repeating, "at least you're not Jack, at least you're not Jack..." whilst covering her ears.

You can see it in his eyes that he thinks screaming makes things happen. Yeesh. No way I could ever handle that.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 pm

This makes me thankful that my two are non-vocal huskies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:22 pm

What about a bone Jenn? Or something else high value and involving.

OR actually in an episode of It's me or the dog I remember her working with a bunch of Great Danes in a Range rover who would bark and carry on. She covered up the windows and would open them when they were quiet, but once they started she'd cover them up again. Maybe blocking Jacks view would calm him down a bit.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Eddy Jack embarrasses me as well...

Kristina, i put bully sticks and raw hides on the floor for them, sierra will just lay there going to town on them! have treats in the car that i will give if he is good, and thats not often. he is even madder now that i have that center block up so he cant get up front, now he is doing that laying on top of the seat at the end of the video to "feel" like he is upfront. i just tune it out and it does not bother me much anymore...

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:50 pm

JD saw it and he wouldn't be able to handle it for that long.

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Biko mostly sets on the floor behind me and rests his head on the console. Adobo mostly pokes her nose out the window for the wind going by and then an occasional snorf snorf in my ear with a big wet kiss.

I use to own a hunting camp about a 100 miles south from Akron, NY and had a friend that had a totally insane Germ/ Shep that howled and would bounce back and forth from the front to the back seats. Gawd I hated that dog when we traveled together. 2+ hrs of pure insanity, feet on the ground he was a fantastic dog.
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 am

OMg Its cute But WOw! Im So Glad my girls Jump In I zip Up their Soft Crate and dont hear from them Till we Get where We are Goin <3 Awww i Think I Got ANgel HUskies .. hahahha NOT !~ LOL
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:46 am

Yikes! Kale gets excited for the first 10-15 mins and sticks his head out the window, but after that he lays down and sleeps lol he's never been vocal in the car tho. I don't think id be able to handle that Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 am

Jack is saying Daddy Smurf are we there yet Very Happy..
Anubis did this when he was young, although he loved driving in the car from the start, now is quiet during the whole drive
Back to top Go down
riggaberto
Puppy
Puppy
riggaberto

Male Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:00 am

Know that I feel bad for you, but that said, getting a 43 second chunk with that video is pretty hilarious.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 am

Anubis does this too but only if he has to be on the back seat, when it is a bigger car with a crate in the back he settles immediately. He loves driving with a car, either he is excited or gets bored when the driv elasts longer than 5 minutes lol. Anyway it is embarrassing as hell
Back to top Go down
senorvega
Newborn
Newborn
senorvega

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 12:44 pm

hahah oh my. That could get annoying, but he's so cute Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: take a ride with Jack in the car   jack - take a ride with Jack in the car Empty

Back to top Go down

take a ride with Jack in the car

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1