It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Wanting waist leash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

Wanting waist leash Empty
PostSubject: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:57 pm

I have went to petsmart and petco and neither of them sell a waist leash. I could order one off the internet, but figured I could see if anyone here has one they dont use anymore and would like to get rid of it. I would like to get one cheap untill i see if it will work or not before I order a new one. I need one other than "The Buddy System", as it uses a plastic snap that connects you to your dog, and Neo would break it the first time out. I had to switch from a collar that snaped with the plastic to a collar with a metal buckle because he always got themto come unsapped. If anyone can help, let me know!
Back to top Go down
EMERMADAIDAN
Newborn
Newborn
EMERMADAIDAN

Female Join date : 2012-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:12 pm

I have been looking for one that is durable myself. Did you end up finding a nice brand that you like? Not sure which kind to get for my husky.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:24 pm

I actualy made my own. My bf is a police officer, and he bought me a duty belt that has a metal ring on it. I hook the leash to a heavy duty caribeener and hook the caribeener to one of the rings. Worked perfect for me!
Back to top Go down
EMERMADAIDAN
Newborn
Newborn
EMERMADAIDAN

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 pm

What a great idea! Do you run with both your dogs at once? Or one at a time?
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:58 pm

The lab stays at home, he's old fat and lazy. I just take neo, the husky. We havnt been since early spring because its been so hot, but hope we can start again soon. I would practice with two dogs in a controlled environment if you want to take them out together. Just to make sure they know what to do.
Back to top Go down
EMERMADAIDAN
Newborn
Newborn
EMERMADAIDAN

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Sounds like a plan. Thanks Jill!
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm not sure if civilians can order from where I got mine, ll check in q bit and give you a link so you can see what I use.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:33 pm

I recommend a skijor belt from Nordkyn.
(http://www.nordkyn.com)
I've been using it to run with Bodhi for the last couple of months.
It's great and he can't pull my arm out of its socket when he sees a rabbit anymore.
Back to top Go down
MayaDog
Newborn
Newborn
MayaDog

Male Join date : 2013-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:58 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I had the same question last fall when I started to get a bit more serious with running with my pup (once she hit 1yr). I quickly got sick of holding the leash + water and looked into waist leashes. What I ended up getting was a RuffWear Roamer™ Leash (www.ruffwear.com). the adjustable size for the hand/waste clip is great if more than one person runs with them and the elastic core is great to apply enough tension for you and/or your dog to notice its getting too far from you (mine is trained that tension on leash = slow down/speed up depending if they are pulling or lagging behind)
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash EmptySun May 19, 2013 12:21 am

I also have a nordykn belt. It's wonderful and I just use a carabiner to clip any leash to either of the rings on it. They are super durable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanting waist leash   Wanting waist leash Empty

Back to top Go down

Wanting waist leash

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1