It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

new ruff wear!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 pm

http://dogblog.ruffwear.net/

oh my god they are coming out with a joring system!!!!!! and other things....

i want to know how much!!!!!

Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:15 pm

This would be perfect for my canicross adventures! Eeekkkk
Back to top Go down

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Well, I'm glad I didn't put a skijoring system yet.. I'm going to going to guess over $100 especially if the harness is included but I'd want the harness that accompanies it anyway. All their gear is pricey so I wouldn't expect it not to be, lol, just moved some $ into our dog fund! 2 more days!
Back to top Go down

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Yep, since it's a 3 piece system and includes a belt + the harness, both things that're naturally expensive from an expensive company, I'm going with 120-160 or so.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
Yep, since it's a 3 piece system and includes a belt + the harness, both things that're naturally expensive from an expensive company, I'm going with 120-160 or so.

Compare the Ruffwear price to Adanac Sleds for the skijoring belt with the skijoring line and the x-back harness. If Ruffwear is over $100, it may be cheaper to get it from Adanac Sleds. (belt for about $50 with line, custom x-back harness about $30).

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:26 pm

That's true, I wonder how long the line for the RW one will be too. I can't help but want the RW model though, I am way too fanatic about their products Laughing Though I would probably prefer an xback over the harness included.. I still need to order Koda one, I lost the dang paper with measurements!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:08 am

cmanding wrote:
Heatherlee wrote:

Compare the Ruffwear price to Adanac Sleds for the skijoring belt with the skijoring line and the x-back harness. If Ruffwear is over $100, it may be cheaper to get it from Adanac Sleds. (belt for about $50 with line, custom x-back harness about $30).

I have the one from Adanac and have been very happy with it. I think they have instructions on how to measure for a xback on their website. I know what you mean Heather about still wanting the ruffwear one though! It looks awesome! Think I might just get the ruffwear one too and see how they compare.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:56 pm

I have the one from Adanac and the one from Alpine Outfitters. I prefer the one from Alpine, and hubby likes the one from Adanac for running - we'll see if he still prefers that one for snowshoeing/skijoring.

Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Looks like someone jumped the gun at Ruff Wear. The Omnijore setup is $149.99

Omnijore
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:07 pm

And it's down. Lucky for all of you, I took screenshots.

new ruff wear!!!! 00
new ruff wear!!!! 01
new ruff wear!!!! 02
new ruff wear!!!! 03
new ruff wear!!!! 04
new ruff wear!!!! 05
new ruff wear!!!! 06
new ruff wear!!!! 07
new ruff wear!!!! 08
new ruff wear!!!! 09

I'm 98% positive I'll be picking this up.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 pm

thats not a bad price at all!!!! i just want the belt. wonder if my custom lines will work with the belt. looks like on the side pic that red snap is where it would go. i love the zip pockets the most and the leg loops that are removable!!! good job Riley on the shots! i wish i had an in with RW to test their shit!

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Looks like it's that same lightweight ripstop nylon that the Approach packs are made of now. I would have to check it out up close and personal. I'm very picky with my webbing and hardware. With regular use, straps get slippy real quick. Most companies can't make things that hold up to my use. Ruff Wear used to be a consistent make, but lately the lighter materials they are touting don't match the older stuff I have of theirs.

I'm sure they'll sell plenty of them for a profit.
Shocked But for $150, I'm going to go with the hacked up lumbar pack thing I was originally going to do. Nice to have an industrial machine around with so many dogs.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:23 pm

harrise wrote:
Looks like it's that same lightweight ripstop nylon that the Approach packs are made of now. I would have to check it out up close and personal. I'm very picky with my webbing and hardware. With regular use, straps get slippy real quick. Most companies can't make things that hold up to my use. Ruff Wear used to be a consistent make, but lately the lighter materials they are touting don't match the older stuff I have of theirs.

i agree with that, the nylon on jacks pack that tore pissed me off, i would have to check this out at a store and try it on and see what the price on just the belt is. or i could just have you sew me some cool zipper pockets on my current modified belt Wink

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 pm

I was going to buy the Osprey lumbar pack and sew a forward cinching webbing loop to the front that attaches to the bungee line I have already. Essentially the exact same thing, just a bit homeschool if you know what I mean.
new ruff wear!!!! Osprey_talon_4_lumbar_pack_color_meteorite_p6__2
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:31 pm

looks like it will work! with the added Supper you have your hands full!

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Jarod just had one of his MP buddies put in a thing to get discounts with them.. haha, since they have working dogs and offer discounts for them. I just had the idea when looking at where they offer discounts. Hopefully it's a go! Going to wait on that and then order it. I think it would be nice to get for Rogue and Koda- I know his xback harness will take a while to get here and it'll be a little bit before Rogue can fit in a size small Ruffwear harness, but Koda will fit in right away and I can switch them once I order from Alpine. I
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:29 am

Nordkyn has good skijoring equipment too.

http://www.nordkyn.com/

It's durable and they stand behind it.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:38 am

Don't know if I'm blind but checked the new gear tab on the site just now and nothing is up.

Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:10 am

I'm not seeing it either, but it dawned on me. They showed the system at the OR show in August. Duh. Look at their booth.

new ruff wear!!!! Booth
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 11:12 am

http://www.outsideonline.com/featured-videos/gear-videos/Gear-of-the-Show--Ruff-Wear-Omnijore.html

Available here, ship on October - and Denver gets free shipping!:
http://www.altrec.com/ruff-wear/omnijore-joring-system-for-dogs

cmanding

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:50 pm

North Star Siberian Husky Rescue will be raffling tickets to win the new Ruffwear Omnijore Joring System starting November 1st!

For more info on the raffle, please visit North Start Siberian Husky Rescue's Facebook page or website at http://www.northstarhuskyrescue.org/ or https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Star-Siberian-Husky-Rescue/273509046003458.

Proceeds will benefit the huskies in North Star Siberian Husky Rescue!

new ruff wear!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: new ruff wear!!!!   new ruff wear!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

new ruff wear!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1