It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic Empty
PostSubject: Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic   Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Let me set the scene: We had just picked up Cosmo and were hardly five, seven minutes underway when Bubba had his clockwork pit stop. Sticking to consistency they were all asked to down-stay while I gathered the bag and commenced scoop. Because of the location a solid down was necessary before I could even think of leaning over. Cosmo is always the loose screw being that he's a 10 month old Husky. Once he was down and relaxed I went back to the chore at hand (the arrow in pic), all the while looking up at the dogs (the x's in the pic). Now from my best recollection, the black lines are the route this object took through us.

Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic DogCrash

The speed limit right there is 45 MPH, and at 8:30 in the morning that means 50-55. While looking at the dogs with a handful of squishy bag on the ground, I was dealt a tremendous blow searing through my recently healed right hand sprain. ¿The culprit, you ask? Why a 15-18 pound short hair terrier of some sort!!!!! He must have jumped through an open window, I don't remember seeing any trucks. That's not where the story ends. That poor little guy, after tumbilng through the bag o' ____, rolled straight into my group of dogs. Coco straight up attacked him. I can't blame her as it was a total shock to myself let alone the dogs. She had him by the scruff and was shaking him violently back and forth and blood was beginning to puddle on the sidewalk. I thought for sure he was dead. The other dogs scattered off into the trees and downed themselves a safe distance away. Thinking as fast as I could, I lifted coco up from behind and used the Heimlich to release her grip. He fell to the ground and I had to hold Coco down by the scruff until her eyes quit bugging and her lips once again covered her teeth. At this point the owner finally made it over and the dog just walked up to her bleeding but acting otherwise like it was a normal day out. All she said was "sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry..." and hoofed it back to her car parked around the next turn. I couldn't get a license plate number or even a glance at the car. She just straight took off. I felt awful watching him get ripped up by my dog and wanted to offer some sort of help. ¿But, what do you do?

All of my dogs (and Cosmo) were fine, and other than waiting out a few more minutes for Coco to stabilize the rest of the walk went swimmingly. Crazy, crazy situation I would have never imagined. From now on I will always look both ways before scoopin that poop. Now where's that ice pack, my hand is pulsing in pain...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic   Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:12 pm

That is crazy and not in a million years would i ever think that could happen, im glad the dog is not dead and that lady could have been much meaner about the whole thing! maybe it was not her dog and she was just watching it? i fear Sierra will eat a small dog at the dog park one day!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic   Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:19 pm

OMG- seriously?! (that was for you Chad)

I'm glad you and the dogs are okay. I can't believe that woman just walked off! Even if she were embarrassed, I would think she would have allowed you to say something! How crazy!

I hope that poor little dog is okay...

Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic   Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Like, totally!

It was an interesting event to say the least. They way the dog just got up and walked with tail wagging was the most absurd part of it. He never made a sound. Friggin' nutsoid I say.

...and Sierra would never do that, Jennifer. She's too prissy. Coco is just a complete bitch, so I expect it from her.
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic   Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Holy... Shocked

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
Catherine
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic   Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Like Wow!!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic   Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic Empty

Back to top Go down

Beware Of Objects Flying From Traffic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1