It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 am

I REALLY hope that it is him and he comes home safe. Boy would he be grounded...haha.
This would be a wonderful late Christmas gift. PLease keep up informed.
Prayers are being sent your way!!!
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:18 am

Everything crossed for you over here!
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Thank you guys(: I'm staying positive. The only thing I'm worried about is if it is him, he better get along with Indy lol. I will post on here as soon as I find out!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:19 pm

So I'm assuming the guy hasn't been able to catch him yet? And I just reread the UpxNdate post... He's wearing the same collar that he was when you lost him!?!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:50 pm

no, I haven't heard from him yet. He's trying to find him now, he said he's been hanging around the neighborhood every time he gets loose. Yeah, he said he was wearing the same collar, which is amazing. I never mentioned anything about a collar nor did it show the right one in the picture i sent him..I'm thinking that if he's been on his own then it probably would've fallen off. But if someone has been taking care of him and keeping him then it makes a little more sense that he'd have the same collar on him when he went missing. It was a silver pinch collar, so I know they would've kept the collar as well. That's the only collar he could never get loose from.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:48 pm

I am amazed at how patient you are, I would have taken off work and got in the car and been driving to the area he was seen, This has got to be making you a mess. Im nervous just waiting to hear. I really really hope he is caught and it is him. You will have so many puppy kisses when he gets home.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Oh that was my first reaction. But if I go over there I'm not going to want to leave till I find him, and there's no telling how long that will take. Especially if someone has grabbed him and is keeping him already. And with me still not 100 % sure it's him, I don't want to get my hopes up...But as soon as I find out, and it IS him, I'll be there in 2 seconds lol..
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:09 am

any news?
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:21 am

How often does the guy see him? I only ask cause some people are dumb when they try to catch a stray dog and end up scaring them away and never being able to catch them. The stray that we recently found a home for was running loose for at least three days. Some lady said she had been trying to catch him for 3 days and my mom's friend caught him in 5 minutes. The lady was doing it all wrong trying to chase him and even followed him on her ATV. My mom's friend just sat down with some kibble that the other lady had been feeding him and she put her back to him and acted like she was eating the kibble. It caught his attention enough for him to get close enough for her to grab his collar.

Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:08 am

No news /: the guy is actually starting to piss me off...I shouldn't be mad because he's helping, but all day today he hasn't seemed as interested as he did yesterday. and I just found out he's going to be out of town for the next two days. I haven't heard anything back from him in a few hours. He hasn't seem him at all today apparently. I told hi
Not to chase him and I think he did scare him off. I'm really thinking of driving up there myself on Saturday posting flyers and going door to door in his neighborhood. I might get a friend to come with me for an extra set of eyes. I'm so disappointed right now..I was hoping he would show back up today.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 9:54 am

shaina&indy wrote:
I'm really thinking of driving up there myself on Saturday posting flyers and going door to door in his neighborhood. I might get a friend to come with me for an extra set of eyes. .

If you have the spare time it might be a great idea to try. Time is cheap, heartaches seem to last last for ever.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:01 pm

I would definately be doing that, take Indy with. maybe he will come if he sees another dog. Thats what happened when I helped catch 2 loose dogs this fall. All I had to do was have some food and Libby on a lease and they came running over to play.
I wish I lived in TX I would be in the car to help. Keeping fingers and paws crossed.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 12:11 pm

I think that is the better option, if it is Diesel he knows you. There is a higher chance that he shows up if he sees someone he trusts.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks guys..I'm glad i'm getting support somewhere. Yeah that's not a bad idea either, even if it's not diesel, at least it won't be on my conscience that there's a stray on the streets. Adam will get mad if I try to bring him home until I can find the owner or a rescue /: he's being very difficult with the whole situation. Thank you Christine, that means a lot..I'm going to call the gas station that he was hanging around today and see if they've seen him in the Past few day so I have somewhere to start.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:10 pm

I'd definitely head over there... Even if it isn't Diesel it'll make you feel better to actually be proactive and trying to find him rather than waiting for this guy to do it.

Is there an issue with having 2 dogs if it is Diesel?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Please keep us all posted..
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:30 pm

I will. I called the convenient store and they were absolutely no help. I'm checking for local shelters and there's a dog boarding kennel on the street he was last seen! (: So maybe they've seen or heard something. I called, but no answer. I'll try again later....The neighborhood he was caught in is massive......
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:08 pm

I haven't had any luck all weekend. I just thought I'd update you guys. I only had one person contact me back this whole weekend about my pleas for Diesel. The people of Humble at the police office and Animal Control weren't any help, they kept making me run in circles all day friday and saturday. I had no luck searching either. There weren't any huskies in the neighborhood (which is MASSIVE btw) that I saw wondering the streets...I'm hoping maybe he'll turn up again sometime soon since I've called and emailed and talked to so many people about him.

If I hear anything else, I'll let you guys know if I find him. Sorry I keep getting you guys' hopes up! ):
Maybe next time will be a positive update! (:
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Keep up the good attitude ! I hope you will be reunited soon Smile
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:16 pm

I saw a new post to this and was hoping Diesel got reunited. Well I hope he gets home, keep up the spirits and remember we are all wishing for a safe and healthy return
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:56 am

Thank you guys! I'm doing my best.
Back to top Go down
Kiyonai
Teenager
Teenager
Kiyonai

Female Join date : 2012-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm

I'll try to network some around my way. I'll keep my eye out! My fiance's family lives down in Houston. I live about 3 hours from you. Wish I could help more! If you need anything let me know, I'll be down in a flash!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Any great news to update us with, I hope? Diesel and you are still in thoughts and prayers, I just hope he is okay no matter where he is and who he is with.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:32 am

Have you posted a lost dog flyer with Lost Dogs of Texas? They just started Smile https://www.facebook.com/findtexasdogs/posts/315227025240053#!/findtexasdogs
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:43 pm

I've just about given up. It's so hard to think about now. It's even harder not knowing where he could be or if he's even still okay. I'm also no longer in Texas, but I will post with that group. Thanks Jennet Smile I just pray and hope that he found a home where he is loved and taken care of..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011   Diesel  - Missing since June 5, 2011 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Diesel - Missing since June 5, 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next