It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

This kinda bothered me......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

This kinda bothered me...... Empty
PostSubject: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Neo has always went to the Banfield vet at Petsmart , so when I got him from his previous owner, I continued to take him there. Well, went in the other day to shop, and the "vet" was wearing a Petsmart shirt and running the cash register. To me, this didn't make me feel secure about the whole thing, AMD it gave me a weird feeling. Am I just being paraniod, or am i not the only one who would find this odd?
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 1:56 pm

I wouldn't find it odd. But I'm the kind of person that willingly takes on other tasks that aren't my job when needed. Our Petsmart always has one or two cashiers and dozens of uniformed onlookers. No matter how long the lines get.
Back to top Go down
toyszruskid
Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Banfield and PetSmart are NOT the same institution. Banfield uses space inside PetSmart stores and that's as far as their partnership goes. Banfield veterinarians and associates are NOT allowed to "work" on the PetSmart floor and vice versa.

I have not had good experiences with Banfield. I have first-hand experience with what goes on behind closed doors at some of these hospitals. If you want to know more, throw me a PM.

If the veterinarian was actually running a register, they are breaking both PetSmart and Banfield policy. If I had to guess, they were probably short-staffed and needed additional help. The store manager could have easily asked someone from Banfield to come over during down-time to help run a register. Why they would ask a Dr. and not a tech though is beyond me (even though they shouldn't be asking either).
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:18 pm

I was kinda mad at them anyways, and seeing that just seemed odd. I am willing to help anyone out as well, but seeing someone in scrubs working in my dog one day, and running a cash register in a store the next just didn't sit well in my gut. Kimberly, I am paraniod now that you say that. Ill pm you.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm sure Google will give you many better reasons to follow your gut than the register incident. Endless stories out there about them. It's kinda like Dog Chow. Some people new to dogs just feed it and find out later what that stuff was after a bit of research.

Why were you mad at them? That does change the tone of the story from just seeing a vet at a register.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Neos bordetella expired a few days before he had to go to boarding, and they told me it was like 22$ or something. When I went to pay, they charged me another 40$ for a visit without telling me that I was going to be charged for that. I feel as though I shouldn't have been charged for a visit, when I already paid for a checkup, and the only thing he needed was a spray up the nose. It would have been different if they had told me they were going to , but when I made the appojnment, they told me 22$. They also talked me into letting them do blood work by telling me it was already paid for by the old owner, and when I said the care plan isn't supposed to transfer between owners, they told me it wasn't, but they would do it anyways. I didn't think bad about it then, but everything put together just bothers me. I believe I will take neo to my old vet from now on. Even if just for my peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:36 pm

I wouldn't set foot near a Banfield ever, I've never taken any of my dogs there before either. But the countless Banfield horror stories I hear all the time make me not trust anything to do with them.

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Petco hammered me cost wise on the bordetella last year. Went to Tractor Supply last month as we'll be boarding Adobo & Biko in January. Cost me about $8, just save the receipt and package the vaccine came in as proof of vaccination. Many of your mom & pop feed stores will do the rabies shot also, never checked on the others like parvo.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Anti-Banfield here too. I've seen way too many "receipts" completely over-charging and over-vaccinating near every dog. They are a "fast food" veterinary practice IMO. Would NEVER use them and I always advise clients to drop them.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:34 pm

I personally would never take mine to Banfield either. It's just something about my dogs vet being in a pet store. I don't know. Gives me the creeps. I like the attention and care that my vet gives. It's like your DR working out of the medical supply store or something...LOL. I'm not saying that they don't have good/qualified vets. It just doesn't feel right. I'll never use their groomers again either. Used them twice with Mya and it's like they don't care about your dogs. It's just another one strolling in. Maybe it was just my experience, but it was the same at both Petsmarts that I took her too. At our current groomers they show how much they love animals, take a few minutes to talk to you, actually say HELLO to your dog, give them a treat (and ask if it's ok), give them a hug goodbye, etc. I really like them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This kinda bothered me......   This kinda bothered me...... Empty

Back to top Go down

This kinda bothered me......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1