It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy Making a MESS w/water!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Puppy Making a MESS w/water! Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:53 am

Hayden loooooves to play in the water! especially his fountain! So, he decided to make a big mess for me to clean up Smile

Back to top Go down
Keimo&Izzi
Teenager
Teenager
Keimo&Izzi

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:31 pm

lol... splash it out then drink it off the floor. I can only imagine mine with a fountain! lol
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:40 pm

lol!

What a cutie! Mine do that too...although we don't have a fountain, just a 5-gallon dispenser. Smile

Near the end there he's like 'Ma, I got water in my eyes....'
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:55 pm

i would get rid of that fountain use a reg dish with a mat under it. unless you like to clean up the mess. it was a cute video though!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Demon&Dakota wrote:
lol!

just a 5-gallon dispenser. Smile

How cute is he! All you need for entertainment is a water. Haha! We have the 5 gallon water dispense also. They don't dig in the water, BUT they bring in their dirty toys from the yard and throw them in there while drinking water! This means that I have to change the 5 gallons almost daily Puppy Making a MESS w/water! 1625187496
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Cute alert bounce
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:31 pm

We had the same thing going on in our house for a long time. She really hasn't done it, at least in the house, in 2-3 months. At the dog park is another story completely. She loves playing in the water there, and gets soaked every time. It isn't fun to clean up, but super cute nonetheless.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Puppy Making a MESS w/water! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm

lol towards the end when he shoves his face in the bowl you can hear him blowing water bubbles and he's rubbing his face because he got water up his nose lol ...

i'm actually looking into a 5 gallon bucket haha i'm finding myself cleaning up water several times a day! i guess he just likes the floor in his area moped hehe
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Willow was aweful with the diggin in the water bowl as a pup. I wish I could say it was cute but it annoyed me. It's much cuter seeing someone elses dog doing it. Smile Thankfully Willow grew out of it.

MelissaI wrote:
BUT they bring in their dirty toys from the yard and throw them in there while drinking water!

In the middle of our playing catch sessions every night, Willow always have to take her ball and drop it in the bowl to drink and then brings the dripping wet ball to me to continue paying catch.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:13 pm

An idea is getting a rubber maid tote that is large enough and place it under the fountain and let it catch the water to allow easy clean up later instead of getting into the flooring.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm

26nikita wrote:
Willow was aweful with the diggin in the water bowl as a pup. I wish I could say it was cute but it annoyed me. It's much cuter seeing someone elses dog doing it. Smile Thankfully Willow grew out of it.

MelissaI wrote:
BUT they bring in their dirty toys from the yard and throw them in there while drinking water!

In the middle of our playing catch sessions every night, Willow always have to take her ball and drop it in the bowl to drink and then brings the dripping wet ball to me to continue paying catch.

Oh, YEAH! Forgot about that part! When they bring the soaking wet toy to me to play. I'm like AHHHH! lol
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:18 am

kevo wrote:
An idea is getting a rubber maid tote that is large enough and place it under the fountain and let it catch the water to allow easy clean up later instead of getting into the flooring.

we tried the rubber mat ... it didn't last long, Hayden likes to destroy it and just makes a bigger mess attempting to pull it from under the fountain lol .. now I put towels around the bowl in attempt to catch the spilt water. Smile
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:00 am

So cute!

Siku was TERRIBLE about digging in her water dish! I eventually started getting after her every time she did it at home. Now she's good at home, but still does it at my parent's house and at the dog park. Bad thing at one dog park she always rips out the rubber plug in the bottom of the dish, so being a self filling system, the water just stays on and it ends up getting muddy all around it. But of course, Siku just loves that more and starts to play in the mud too!

Puppy Making a MESS w/water! Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:04 am

Hayden_69 wrote:
now I put towels around the bowl in attempt to catch the spilt water. Smile

That's what we did. We just had a rotation of towels by the water dish for a while. It drove me insane for a while, but thankfully she grew out of it.

Sara, Siku sounds just like Ghost. She's notorious at the parks around here for digging in the dishes and making a mess Razz

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Puppy Making a MESS w/water! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
kmason
Newborn
Newborn
kmason

Female Join date : 2012-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:12 am

When I saw this video, I had to laugh because Moose does the same thing. I was in the basement and saw water dripping from the ceiling so I ran upstairs and Moose had splashed the entire dog dish out onto the floor and the water was dripping through the floorboards. I wonder what he will think of the pool this summer???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Making a MESS w/water!   Puppy Making a MESS w/water! Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy Making a MESS w/water!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1